Author Topic: P365-Xmacro  (Read 878 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
P365-Xmacro
« on: August 11, 2022, 10:42:29 AM »
A new P365 has been introduced. They apparently redesigned the magazine to make it 17+1 (The XL is 12+1). Looks to be the same width as other P365s, but very slightly higher at 5.1" (my XL is 4.8"). It has the 3.1" barrel of the regular P365 (XL barrel is 3.7").

That's a lot of rounds in a little package. Without researching it, I don't think anything else comes close. My XL mag is already a bear to load by the time you get to bullet #10. This one must be a grizzly bear to load.  :laugh:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xmacro.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: P365-Xmacro
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 11:04:08 AM »
Interesting.  I see that it's got the recessed barrel and compensated slide, so I be slide length is the same as the XL, despite the shorter barrel.  It'd be nice if it fit in XL holsters.

Still $900 is pretty steep.  That's like $180 a round to upgrade from my 365XL.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »
Might be neat to see the 17rd mag do the XD compact trick where it has a sleeve to emulate a grip extension, for the XL sized pistols to get a grip extension on reload.

I've never been partial to the trick of extending the grip but keeping a truncated barrel.  I'd rather have more sight radius than a stubby barrel.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 11:07:39 AM »
Interesting.  I see that it's got the recessed barrel and compensated slide, so I be slide length is the same as the XL, despite the shorter barrel.  It'd be nice if it fit in XL holsters.

I don't know enough about P365 modular engineering that this might not be a dumb question, but I wonder if you could just get the grip module and the new mag and stick your current P365 assembly on that? Grip modules are surprisingly cheap for a Sig product, but the mag will probably cost $200.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »
I don't know enough about P365 modular engineering that this might not be a dumb question, but I wonder if you could just get the grip module and the new mag and stick your current P365 assembly on that? Grip modules are surprisingly cheap for a Sig product, but the mag will probably cost $200.  :laugh:

Yes. You should be able to do this. You can already between all the other models of the P365. The P320 is the same as well.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 11:23:55 AM »
That looks like a nice gun.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »

The P365 Spectre Comp was running $1200 last time I checked, so Sig relative, $900 is not a bad price.  :laugh:

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 01:49:56 PM »
Today must have been the day the press blackout dropped.

YouTube has offered me like 4 guntubers glowing reviews, all uploaded in the last 4 hours or so.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
Monday -- Sig announces new model to great fanfare.
Tuesday -- Sig announces model will be dropped and withdraws all parts support
Wednesday -- Parts and magazines skyrocket in price, they completely dry up, on the secondary market.
Thursday -- The world burns
Friday -- Sig officials sigh contentedly and ready Monday's new product announcement.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »
I just got a Sportsmans Warehouse email. $800 on the street.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 04:41:33 PM »
I have 15 round magazines for the P365 and P365XL with grip extensions.  The 15 round mags come with both grip extensions at least when I bought them.  The 17 round mags should work in the old gun if the mag latch is the same. 

It seems to me that all you should need is a new grip module with 17 round mags. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 05:13:05 PM »
One of the guntubers I mentioned above put the 17 round mags in an 365xl, and they worked fine.  Interestingly the new 17rd mags are shorter then my current 15rd mags.

They also successfully swapped slides between the two, so that leads me to believe that you could just get a macro grip module and run it on your 365xl innards as long as you don't mind skipping the comp. If you were going to get a short barrel, comped slide, and new grip module, I think you'd be close to the price of the new gun.

Also, in case anyone wondered, T-rex arms sent me an email saying they have a holster ready to go for the macro, but that it does NOT work in p365xl holsters, so take that for what it's worth.

I find the concept interesting, but I'd like to shoot one before I commit to over a $1500 or so of new carry pistol, holster, and optic.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 07:32:04 PM »
A new P365 has been introduced. They apparently redesigned the magazine to make it 17+1 (The XL is 12+1). Looks to be the same width as other P365s, but very slightly higher at 5.1" (my XL is 4.8"). It has the 3.1" barrel of the regular P365 (XL barrel is 3.7").

That's a lot of rounds in a little package. Without researching it, I don't think anything else comes close. My XL mag is already a bear to load by the time you get to bullet #10. This one must be a grizzly bear to load.  :laugh:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-xmacro.html

Looks like they made the magazine a tad longer, and made the mag base a bit taller.  Not the same thing as a grip sleeve type spacer. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »
Might be neat to see the 17rd mag do the XD compact trick where it has a sleeve to emulate a grip extension, for the XL sized pistols to get a grip extension on reload.

I've never been partial to the trick of extending the grip but keeping a truncated barrel.  I'd rather have more sight radius than a stubby barrel.

Using magazines with grip extender sleeves is okay for spare magazines, but I carry at roughly the 3:00 o'clock position, and I find that the shorter grip of an Officers or CCO 1911 is both less prone to printing and (more importantly, to me) far less likely to chew into the bolster of my driver's seat. Most of the time I'm comfortable with 6+1 rounds plus a spare. If I'm going somewhere I think might need more, I can switch to a Para-Ordnance P12.45 and still have the compact frame size.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 07:08:06 AM »
"Using magazines with grip extender sleeves is okay for spare magazines"

The Ruger American compact I got back in April came with a 17 round magazine and a sleeve.

It feels HORRIBLE in my hand.

I'm going to buy another 12 round magazine and will probably use the 17 rounder only for the range.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2022, 08:40:34 AM »
I noticed a significant change in where the gun points between my 12rd mags and my 15rd with sleeve. It might just be me, but it significantly slowed down my shooting to switch to the extended mags with sleeves

I just run 12 rounders now, and train with that configuration.