Author Topic: Life Line Screening  (Read 490 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Life Line Screening
« on: August 11, 2022, 11:59:40 AM »
Anybody have thoughts on their screenings? Seems like a decent price for some potentially important information. The convenience of one stop shopping for four tests is also appealing.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Life Line Screening
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
Not recommended by the legit medicos I know.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 04:06:34 PM »
It is mostly labs, EKG and ultrasound. If any of the conditions they talk about screening for concern you talk to your primary care and get the same tests covered by insurance. Even a 20% co-pay would be cheaper than what they charge I bet.

bob

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 04:19:39 PM »
Occasionally I receive a letter in the mail when they are in the area. Nothing is really of major concern for me right now.

It's a $160 for four tests.
Two ultrasounds, carotid artery for plaque and abdominal aortic aneurysm for enlargement.
EKG
Ankle-Brachial Index test for peripheral arterial disease.

I've had several EKG's in the last year, the last two perfectly normal so I suspect that's redundant.

Mostly just curious if they are legit and if there is any benefit to having those tests run.

My father has had carotid artery bypass surgery so that was the test that jumped out at me.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 08:21:36 AM »
I've heard they're OK for a basic screening. The only reservations I heard from my primary care physician concerned record keeping - WHERE will the records of this screening be kept, and will they be available immediately to your medical staff if you have some cardiac event in the future.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain