Author Topic: Euthanasia in Canada  (Read 1241 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Euthanasia in Canada
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 09:42:54 AM »
Ban Assault Nurses
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »
I have heard it mentioned before that medical malpractice killed a whole lot more people every year than guns.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2022, 01:42:47 PM »
I have heard it mentioned before that medical malpractice killed a whole lot more people every year than guns.
Way more.  250,000 is the number I've seen thrown around from a Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine study.
https://www.bmj.com/content/353/bmj.i2139/rr-54

There are some valid arguments that could be made against that number.  Pretty much the same exact ones that people used to minimize the number of deaths attributable to COVID, interestingly.  An alternate reality version of Bogie keeps repeating: "Did they die with medical malpractice, or because of it?  And why are all the people dying from medical malpractice old and sick already?"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2022, 02:15:52 PM »

Just saw a headline a few days ago, don't remember where and I didn't click on it, claiming 40k people killed by guns in the us every year. Don't ask me where they got that number but if I had guess the sun don't shine there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 02:25:17 PM »
40k deaths from GSWs is pretty close.  But the large majority of those are suicides.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 05:07:16 PM »
40k deaths from GSWs is pretty close.  But the large majority of those are suicides.
That is what I have seen as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge