Author Topic: Weatherby Element Shotgun  (Read 448 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Weatherby Element Shotgun
« on: August 16, 2022, 12:01:34 PM »
Anyone know where the Element is made?

I'm assuming that it's probably Turkish made for Weatherby, but haven't been able to verify that.

Bud's has a synthetic stock 28" Element in 20 gauge for a skosh over $500. That's a pretty good price...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Weatherby Element Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 12:04:07 PM »
OK, just hit the magic combination of Google terms. It is Turkish, made by ATA.

Man, I'm seriously considering getting one just for the hell of it and to be a companion to my SxS Stevens in 20 gauge.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 12:22:00 PM »
Are they reliable? 

I have seen reviews of some of the Turkish knock-off copies and they seem to be all over the place.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
I've only done a limited trolling through the reviews but everything seems to be OK for these.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »
I can't help you on that particular gun, but a quick scrolling through the web shows there are a number of Turk guns of that general configuration in the $350-$550 range.  Not sure what the $200 gets you.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/guns/shotguns/semi-auto-shotguns.html?caliber_multi=20%20Gauge&product_list_order=price_asc

I do notice that most of the cheap ones seem to be gas operated, while the Weatherby is inertia operated.  I don't know if that matters to you.  My Benelli M3 has occasionally been touchy with light loads, but it's not really designed for those, where I would assume a 20 ga upland gun would be.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »
"I can't help you on that particular gun, but a quick scrolling through the web shows there are a number of Turk guns of that general configuration in the $350-$550 range.  Not sure what the $200 gets you."

I'm hoping that the association with the Wetherby name will get a better level of manufacture, fit, finish, and reliability.