Author Topic: Anne Heche has died  (Read 922 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Anne Heche has died
« on: August 12, 2022, 05:54:08 PM »
She was involved in a major car crash several days ago. Quite a bit of speculation that she was seriously intoxicated.

Only thing I remember her from is Six Days Seven Nights with Harrison Ford, a movie I enjoyed watching.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/anne-heche-dead-53
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Anne Heche has died
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 06:29:44 PM »
Cocaine and Fentanyl came back on the blood toxicology tests.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 06:35:17 PM »
She was confirmed to have been under the influence of cocaine when she crashed.  Sheriff's Dept. speculated she might have had some fentanyl in her system, as well.  Much of the cocaine bought on the street is laced or cut with fentanyl.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 08:16:42 AM »
Driving while drugged can be as bad as driving while drunk. At least no innocents were killed or injured. Hope insurance covers damage to the home that was hit.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 10:20:45 AM »
All I know her for is "girlfriend of Ellen Degeneres", briefly.

If the Wikipedia article on her is accurate, even more of a trainwreck than the usual Hollywood star.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 02:10:38 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 11:25:38 AM »
All I know her for is "girlfriend of Ellen Degeneres", briefly.

If the Wikipedia article on her is accurate, even more of a trainwreck than the usually Hollywood star.

She was a troubled person. And her affair/relationship with Degeneres essentially ended her Hollywood career. Right after that is when Ellen really took off. Stars of new movies basically had to appear on Degeneres' show to plug the movie, and Degeneres (who is apparently in real life a truly toxic person) wouldn't allow that, so Heche couldn't get any lead roles in anything worth being in.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 01:57:55 PM »
This video has got a bunch of tin foil hatters going.
I think it's someone freaked out on drugs but I don't know.

Karl
@AMBULLDOG249
Okay, so apparently this is Anne Heche apparently unconscious after her accident.. something isn’t right is it
https://twitter.com/AMBULLDOG249/status/1558790786799599617

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
Wow

“I drank. I smoked. I did drugs. I had sex with people. I did anything I could to get the shame out of my life,” she told ABC News in 2020.

The actress, who dated Ellen DeGeneres in the 90s before marrying cameraman Coleman Laffoon and dating actor James Tupper, said she turned to booze and drugs to deal with the trauma of being sexually abused by her father, Donald Heche.

Donald was an evangelical Christian who died of AIDS in 1983, which he contracted while living a secret gay lifestyle, according to The Daily Telegraph.
https://nypost.com/2022/08/05/anne-heche-burned-after-crashing-into-los-angeles-home/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
This video has got a bunch of tin foil hatters going.
I think it's someone freaked out on drugs but I don't know.
https://twitter.com/AMBULLDOG249/status/1558790786799599617

It's been widely reported that Heche sat up on the gurney just before they put her in the back of the ambulance.  That is what the video shows.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 04:31:53 PM »
It's been widely reported that Heche sat up on the gurney just before they put her in the back of the ambulance.  That is what the video shows.

Entirely possible, even probable. In severe burn cases there can be several hours of seemingly good response, potentially even outwardly-apparent improvement, before the body really begins to process injury severity. Unfortunately it goes downhill quickly after that.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 04:45:34 PM »
Entirely possible, even probable. In severe burn cases there can be several hours of seemingly good response, potentially even outwardly-apparent improvement, before the body really begins to process injury severity. Unfortunately it goes downhill quickly after that.

Brad

When the severity of her burn injuries were first reported, and yet it was stated she was expected to survive, it was quite surprising.  Burn injuries of that nature and severity are seldom survivable.  I figured someone was being overly optimistic perhaps because she was a celebrity.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 11:54:42 PM »
My view of her passing - -
;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 12:38:58 AM »
She donated her organs.  That is good.  Otherwise I find it hard to care overmuch.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 08:46:22 AM »
Y'all cared enough to leave a comment.  If I'm ambivalent about someone's passing, I keep my mouth shut.  If I'm pleased that he is gone I might say so, briefly.

I liked AH in the Church Lady skit where she was having trouble choosing between a wiener and a taco.  :laugh:  (I know that wasn't really her)

RIP
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 11:17:32 AM »
Apparently she was working on a documentary to increase awareness of human trafficking according to an article I perused.

That video of her sitting up before being wheeled into the ambulance is creepy, better off skipped. I've made the mistake of watching a video of a self immolator, the body does odd stuff when severely burned.   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »
Y'all cared enough to leave a comment.  If I'm ambivalent about someone's passing, I keep my mouth shut.  If I'm pleased that he is gone I might say so, briefly.
RIP

Thanks for saying that.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:54:13 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 06:49:42 PM »
Apparently she was working on a documentary to increase awareness of human trafficking according to an article I perused.

Interesting, given her family history as she related it. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.