Author Topic: RadeTech Smartslide  (Read 601 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
RadeTech Smartslide
« on: August 11, 2022, 09:19:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-cFtKKJng

Getting closer to the smart gun.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: RadeTech Smartslide
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »
Interesting.  I like the shot counter.  If they could make an attachment that replaces that back cover on a Glock and counts rounds, some people would probably like that.

I am curious how much all that costs and what additional stuff is installed in the gun and mags to make it work. 

I don't know that I like the "chamber loaded" and empty safety features.  I can easily see some people trusting that instead of actually checking the chamber or magazine.  Eventually, the company will get sued when that malfunction happens and someone blames them instead of themselves. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 09:37:58 AM »
That guy is one of the best video presenters I've ever seen, besides the bloke who does the "smarter every day" series.

The device?  Fascinating "toy" but I can count to 99 and been counting down rounds fired ever since I first pulled a trigger... well from just about then.

Of course, I don't brag about that, and this thing gives you great bragging rights for only a grand.

I suspect some police chiefs will have a technogasm over it and demand an appropriation to equip his force with them for "officer safety" and the safety of "the public."

Neato, but I'll pass.

1, 2, 3 bangs and four left to shoot.  I even did the subtraction in my head.

Fifteen round mags it does get a ittle complicated, but that's why there are slide locks and spare mags.

Yes, it does approach smart gun status, with those implications.  And if "they" can mandate trigger locks on selling a gun, they can mandate smart gun technology.

Same old thesis:  "If they can ban one, they can ban them all."

"If they can mandate trigger locks, they can mandate smart guns."

"If they can put it in one inch, they can put it in eight inches."

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:55:56 AM by 230RN »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 09:48:18 AM »
I'm not opposed to it myself.

It's not for me though. I'm a KISS kind of guy. I want my equipment and training to be so simple I'm still functional when all hell is breaking loose. 

I'm a 1911 guy because the only pistol(s) I own that I've put tens of thousands of rounds through are that platform. My pistols and mags have been vetted through hard use and many years. I'm not an advocate of that platform over all others. That's just where I started and what I've mastered to a certain extent. I'm not willing to devote the resources and time to reach the same level of proficiency in a better platform (lighter, higher capacity).
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 10:15:00 AM »
I didn't watch the whole video, so may have missed something, but this is the kind of smart tech I'm not opposed to. As long as the tech is ancillary rather than integrated and necessary for weapon function (or, [tinfoil] available for evil gov to track or turn my gun off), then put all the doodads on your gun you want.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 10:56:08 AM »
I didn't watch the whole video, so may have missed something, but this is the kind of smart tech I'm not opposed to. As long as the tech is ancillary rather than integrated and necessary for weapon function (or, [tinfoil] available for evil gov to track or turn my gun off), then put all the doodads on your gun you want.
Just wait until the next model that sync's with a phone app.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 07:36:26 PM »
Just wait until the next model that sync's with a phone app.   =)

That's both funny and terrifying.

=D =|  =D =|  =D  =|

I think at root, Ron's got the right ideas on doodads.