Author Topic: California SB918  (Read 749 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
California SB918
« on: August 15, 2022, 08:11:16 AM »
California's senate bill 918 is set to pass and be signed by Newsom, likely this week.

This is in regards to the recent SC ruling on concealed carry and is an excellent example of how some of these blue states are nefariously kiboshing the law. Reno May gives real world examples of how someone with a CCW will be breaking the law, pretty much just by walking out their front door. Prohibited areas include fitness centers, places that sell lottery tickets, and places that sell alcohol (which with the latter two, would prohibit you from even stopping for gas).

The first 4 minutes of the video covers most everything. It seems like this will be a good case for a lawsuit(s).

https://youtu.be/ZFW5zU1oEEI

EDIT: I forgot to add that the above prohibited places include the parking lots and public sidewalks in their vicinity.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:00:32 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: California SB918
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:28 AM »
The politicians no doubt know they'll likely lose in court, but "the process is the punishment" . . . and even if the plaintiffs in the coming lawsuit prevail and are awarded legal fees and maybe even punitive damages, so what? Nothing will be taken out of the politicians' pockets. They just don't give a <fill in your choice of expletive> about law any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:52 AM »
With no place legal to carry a gun I'm sure murders will drop to zero by morning.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 09:46:27 AM »
The Supreme Court has made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 10:46:37 AM »
They don't care about spending state public funds for lawsuits and they know it will take time to get through the courts.  They may also be hoping the 9th circus will be able to carve some exceptions out of the decision and/or the SC won't hearing the appeal.  Both were done after the Heller and McDonald decisions.  I guess we will find out if our conservative justices will make the same decision on round 2.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 12:16:24 AM »
“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it.” Andrew Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvqyZZSPP3A

CA is really dumb, they're gonna lose
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 08:30:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvqyZZSPP3A

CA is really dumb, they're gonna lose

Probably, but it will take years to wind through the court. Meanwhile peoples rights are being trampled. People's lives are being destroyed by an unconstitutional law. And, the lawyers are making millions.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 09:19:33 AM »
Probably, but it will take years to wind through the court. Meanwhile peoples rights are being trampled. People's lives are being destroyed by an unconstitutional law. And, the lawyers are making millions.
It doesn't matter if they ultimately lose, RKL sums up what they're accomplishing over the next few years, and that's what they set out to do. They're acting in utterly bad faith, and no doubt have figured out how to monetize their actions.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain