Author Topic: Trust in the IRS  (Read 849 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trust in the IRS
« on: August 16, 2022, 06:44:18 PM »
Thomas Massie posted this:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/16/there-are-a-lot-of-plastic-guns-in-rep-thomas-massies-photos-of-an-irs-recruiting-program/

I can't find anything anywhere else corroborating it. If this is factual, I'm not that worried about new IRS agents doing anything to me. Other than negligent discharge.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Trust in the IRS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:35:46 PM »
That is ridiculous.  As the one comment said, there has to be more context to this.  Looks like remedial gun handling for people who will never leave the office building. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »
I saw a thread on Reddit that suggested this was some kind of IRS "demo training" for PR at a college somewhere. From the appearance of the "class", that would make sense. Doesn't seem like the smartest PR strategy though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 06:21:59 PM »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »
IRSS

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 08:29:32 PM »
Better tell mommy your out playing cop…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7klDi9ekzc

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:23 PM »
Better tell mommy your out playing cop…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7klDi9ekzc

What's distressing is how enthusiastic these kids are to arrest someone "stealing money from the government".

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 10:18:09 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 10:09:41 AM »
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/08/20/reuters-assures-us-the-87000-new-irs-agents-will-be-tasked-with-it-support-and-answering-taxpayer-questions/

Now it may very well be that some of the 87,000 will be IT people or clerical staff, but then why doesn't the IRS specify that and say that they are hiring various types of workers? If you say "IRS agent", that implies auditors, fed cops, and other enforcement personnel. Not to mention that this whole thing has been pushed by fed.gov itself (with MSM help) of hiring "agents" to go after plumbers who lost a receipt.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 10:43:19 AM »
During her six (6) years in the House of Representatives, Liz Cheney's net worth reportedly increased from $7,000,000 to $44,000,000, an average of over $6,000,000 per year.

On a salary of $174,000 per year.

I have an idea of where to employ at least a couple of those 87,000 new IRS auditors.

(Hmmm . . . Liz Cheney's father was VP, just like Hunter Biden's father was VP. Maybe "Child of the VP" is a lucrative career?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 03:35:01 PM »
"Does the IRS really need 87,000 more agents?"

"STOP LASHING OUT, YOU RIGHT WING INSURRECTIONIST!!  Now bend over for your audit."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden