Author Topic: Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish  (Read 2127 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:12:20 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:24:30 PM »
Cheney is OUT!

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/voters-decide-primary-elections-wyoming-alaska-live-updates

No word yet from Alaska on Murkowski.

Murkowski is still in the running ... for now. Alaska has a rather weird system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 11:31:17 PM »
With 65% of precincts reporting, Cheney has about half as many votes as Hageman.

If she's really planning a Pres. run, that's some real H. Clinton vibes. The Dem. bench is so weak, I could see them drafting her.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 12:37:36 AM »
With 65% of precincts reporting, Cheney has about half as many votes as Hageman.

If she's really planning a Pres. run, that's some real H. Clinton vibes. The Dem. bench is so weak, I could see them drafting her.
Running mate for Kamala?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 07:10:45 AM »
""Breathtakingly arrogant speech by loser Liz Cheney," Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-N.Y., wrote in a tweet. "Orchestrating show trials contrary to safeguards guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is not Lincolnesque. On the contrary, Cheney’s actions mirror precisely the authoritarianism our founders fought valiantly against."

Yikes!

She might have made a better showing of it had she switched party affiliations.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 07:41:13 AM »

She pretty much has, without admitting it to herself. Her big defenders are all on the left (while she does one specific thing they like). Pretty much the only RINOs that support her are the Bulwark and the Lincoln Project. Which, the Abraham Lincoln speech was simply beyond arrogant. These political dynasties on both sides need to snap out of it and realize that at least for the foreseeable future, their time is over.

She will absolutely be in the 2024 Republican primaries and she will absolutely be an early drop out. It's the REPUBLICAN primaries. Her fans in Hollywood can't help her, and neither can the MSM. Even people who don't like Trump (but who also don't have TDS) absolutely hate what she's doing, because that 06JAN committee is not all about Trump, it's about redefining mainstream conservatives as extremists. She very well may not even see that because of her Trump vendetta.

There has been a movement on the D side for Ds to temporarily switch party affiliations to R to vote for milquetoast R candidates (or patsies like Chenney) in R primaries on the state level. I'll be curious to see if they try and take that movement national in the presidential primaries to urge Ds to vote for Cheney.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:09:44 AM »
I've also been reading the stories on Fox and then CNN, MSNBC, PBS etc. Talk about dichotomy.

Oh, and of course she was hanging out at Jackson Hole, the biggest democratic, rich liberal enclave in Wyoming, on election night.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 10:06:20 AM »
""Breathtakingly arrogant speech by loser Liz Cheney," Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-N.Y., wrote in a tweet. "Orchestrating show trials contrary to safeguards guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is not Lincolnesque. On the contrary, Cheney’s actions mirror precisely the authoritarianism our founders fought valiantly against."

Yikes!

I'm in Texas, but can I vote for Claudia Tenney? Please? She's more articulate and less of a waffler than many GOP "leaders."

With 99% of the vote in, Fox's website is reporting that Liz Cheney lost by 66.3% to 28.9% - that's more than a 37% margin, considerably more than ANY of the polls I saw predicted beforehand, and more than what they claimed was the margin of error.

So much for accuracy of the "scientifically valid" polling being done, something to keep in mind for the November elections.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 12:01:07 PM »
I'm in Texas, but can I vote for Claudia Tenney? Please? She's more articulate and less of a waffler than many GOP "leaders."

With 99% of the vote in, Fox's website is reporting that Liz Cheney lost by 66.3% to 28.9% - that's more than a 37% margin, considerably more than ANY of the polls I saw predicted beforehand, and more than what they claimed was the margin of error.

So much for accuracy of the "scientifically valid" polling being done, something to keep in mind for the November elections.  ;/
I hope that holds true for the November election, but I doubt there was much election fortifying going on in a Republican primary in Wyoming.  We will see for November.  I hope the Republican Party in the various states are prepared to watch for all the stuff that happened in 2020. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 12:11:27 PM »
The neocons have always been leftists.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 12:24:49 PM »
Regarding the Bush dynasty, George P. Bush lost the primary election to the incumbent Republican Ken Paxton in Texas for Lt. Gov. 
George P. Bush has held a couple of other state offices in the last 10 years.  I don't know much about him, I just don't want to see another member of the Bush family for a while.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 03:33:44 PM »
You know she's finished when we barely do half a page even mocking her. We all knew she was over months ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 04:28:44 PM »
Apparently she is going to launch a Lincoln Project knockoff to ensure Donald Trump never gets elected.  What a stalker.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/17/you-knew-it-was-coming-liz-cheneys-next-political-move-positively-reeks-of-principles/

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 04:33:54 PM »
Apparently she is going to launch a Lincoln Project knockoff to ensure Donald Trump never gets elected.  What a stalker.

Why doesn't she just join The Lincoln Project?  Too many pedophiles?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 04:44:26 PM »
I don’t necessarily mind family members of politicians following the same career choice any more than I mind any random person going into politics.  Any sense of entitlement on their part though to an office just because they share DNA with a previous office holder is BS. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 04:55:00 PM »
Wrong thread...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 06:24:46 PM »
I don’t necessarily mind family members of politicians following the same career choice any more than I mind any random person going into politics.  Any sense of entitlement on their part though to an office just because they share DNA with a previous office holder is BS.
What helps is they mostly likely share the general views of their parent/grandparent.  In this case, the average Bush political views are not going to make things any better in this country.  Someone like Rand Paul is an example on the other end.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 07:08:59 PM »

Not enough, probably.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 08:23:17 PM »

Too republican
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 08:42:57 PM »
She will absolutely be in the 2024 Republican primaries and she will absolutely be an early drop out. It's the REPUBLICAN primaries. Her fans in Hollywood can't help her, and neither can the MSM. Even people who don't like Trump (but who also don't have TDS) absolutely hate what she's doing, because that 06JAN committee is not all about Trump, it's about redefining mainstream conservatives as extremists. She very well may not even see that because of her Trump vendetta.

it stinks, but you're probably right, why oh why do we only let msnbc/cnn handle debates? - why can't we stop letting the dinosaur media set the narrative?
Liz will be in the debate because the media wants her, not because she matters
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2022, 08:57:12 PM »
We need to have people like Mark Levine, Sean Hannity, Dinesh D'Souza, Ben Shapiro, Michelle Malkin and Thomas Sowell, to name just a few notable suggestions, to moderate the debates.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:15 PM »
I can just see Mark Levine as moderator "You're an idiot! Sit down! Mr. Producer cut his mike!"

He gets really feisty on the radio  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:16 PM »
I can just see Mark Levine as moderator "You're an idiot! Sit down! Mr. Producer cut his mike!"

He gets really feisty on the radio  :laugh:

Anybody else "read" that in Mark Levine's voice?  :rofl:

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:56 PM »
Producers Confirm Liz Cheney Will Not Be Back For Season 2 Of January 6 Hearings
https://babylonbee.com/news/producers-confirm-liz-cheney-will-not-be-back-for-season-2-of-jan-6-hearings
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:02 AM »
I said mike instead of mic, can I still blame it on covid brain a year later?

The problem with having any of them as moderator is we would have to sit through endless Balance of Nature, My Pillow, Relief Factor as well as gold and silver sales pitches every commercial break.