Author Topic: Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish  (Read 2079 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 11:20:15 AM »
Hah.  I think the final nail in Cheney's coffin was when her father did a commercial endorsing her.  He had on a cowboy hat and a scowl.  If you looked at his eyes, you could see the demonic hell fire in them.  It was a real scary ad.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 11:24:52 AM »
"He had on a cowboy hat and a scowl.  If you looked at his eyes, you could see the demonic hell fire in them."

so... Just another day in Cheneyville?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 11:50:48 AM »
it stinks, but you're probably right, why oh why do we only let msnbc/cnn handle debates? - why can't we stop letting the dinosaur media set the narrative?
Liz will be in the debate because the media wants her, not because she matters
I think it happened last year.  The RNC finally dropped out of the bipartisan agreement for the debates.  Not sure what will happen in 2024.

Better would be for each side to have one or two questioners who take turns asking a question that each candidate would address. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 11:57:02 AM »
Hah.  I think the final nail in Cheney's coffin was when her father did a commercial endorsing her.  He had on a cowboy hat and a scowl.  If you looked at his eyes, you could see the demonic hell fire in them.  It was a real scary ad.

I saw that.  It was the perfect campaign ad (for Liz's opponent).
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 11:59:17 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 01:44:26 PM »
"He had on a cowboy hat and a scowl."

Didn't need that mental image.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 03:04:16 PM »
Republicans "disappeared" Cheney, Soviet style.

Once again, big city libs (of both parties) fail to understand flyover country. It's freakin' Wyoming. There's no clandestine political ops going on there. Just Wyoming people.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/08/18/time-mag-correspondents-spin-on-liz-cheneys-blowout-primary-loss-is-a-louvre-worthy-work-of-journalism-art/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 03:17:24 PM »
Clifton Duncan (She/Her)
@cliftonaduncan
·
Follow
Replying to @TIME and @Philip_Elliott
You know our democracy is in danger when unpopular politicians are voted out of office
=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2022, 03:24:36 PM »
Given the thread title, I must announce that Brian Stelter just got sacked.

:rofl:

IOW, CNN now experiencing a potato famine.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2022, 03:35:56 PM »
Watch out for the independent in MO senate race. A Cheney friend and has worked with the Jan 6 circus.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2022, 03:50:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgBfV2vdkwE
The Rageaholic does some good rants sometimes.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 04:28:22 PM »

I'll miss this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1560332026393243651
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2022, 04:58:11 PM »
"He had on a cowboy hat and a scowl.  If you looked at his eyes, you could see the demonic hell fire in them."

so... Just another day in Cheneyville?

The only positive thing Cheney ever did was when he "accidently" shot a lawyer in the face.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2022, 08:38:12 PM »
Republicans "disappeared" Cheney, Soviet style.

Once again, big city libs (of both parties) fail to understand flyover country. It's freakin' Wyoming. There's no clandestine political ops going on there. Just Wyoming people.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/08/18/time-mag-correspondents-spin-on-liz-cheneys-blowout-primary-loss-is-a-louvre-worthy-work-of-journalism-art/

Isn't TRUMP!! and racism a good enough explanation for them?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2022, 08:43:45 PM »

The only positive thing Cheney ever did was when he "accidently" shot a lawyer in the face.

I'm not even gonna give him the benefit of the doubt about that one.  It's pretty obvious (but not proven) that he was out shooting after way too much alcohol.  (IMHO "too much" is 2 drinks, "way too much" is 3+; one is okay) 

I have had 4 strong beers tonight, but I'm not driving nor shooting.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2022, 09:24:07 PM »

Stelter Forced Out At CNN After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Mrs. Potato Head
https://babylonbee.com/news/stelter-forced-out-at-cnn-after-being-accused-of-sexual-harassment-by-mrs-potato-head/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2022, 07:36:09 AM »
Just read the Fox news article on Stelter's departure...

Wow. Excoriating.

The polarizing Stelter emerged as one of the CNN personalities who conservatives loved to hate because of his constant criticism of non-liberal news organizations and unremitting disapproval of Republicans. NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck, who monitors liberal media, feels Stelter was doing more harm than good.

"Stelter departs CNN having done damage to both the network's reputation and the wider media's reputation like few others could do. Positing himself as a media reporter looking to help explain the journalism profession to the public and show how stories are made and shaped, Stelter actually exposed the national press for the knavish liberal partisans that they've become by inadvertently displaying their arrogance and childish refusal to accept even mild outside criticism," Houck told Fox News Digital.

"His rancorous apologies, dismissals, and omissions of major media stories and failures only deepened his reputation as the liberal media's janitor and a hate object on the right," Houck continued. "With this move and Jeffrey Toobin's departure last week, these last seven days could mark the beginning of a turning point for CNN under Chris Licht."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2022, 08:21:24 AM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2022, 09:20:07 AM »
Twould be a legendary burn if Potato weren't such an easy mark.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2022, 02:06:29 PM »
https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/18/the-death-of-the-bush-and-cheney-political-dynasties/
Cheney’s shellacking in Tuesday’s Republican congressional primary in the Equality State comes a little less than three months after a similar landslide in the Lone Star State. On May 24, the Republican primary runoff between incumbent Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and challenger George P. Bush, the state’s land commissioner, was shockingly one-sided: Paxton routed Bush by a roughly 68 percent-32 percent margin. Liz Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, and George P. Bush, son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and nephew of former President George W. Bush, thus both lost their Republican primaries this year by nearly 40 points.

On the other hand, maybe they can build new dynasties as actual Democrats.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2022, 02:20:31 PM »
She has been hinting at a presidential run

Byron York
@ByronYork
·
Follow
Sen. Mitt Romney, who voted twice to convict Trump, is not on board with a Liz Cheney presidential campaign. From @Deseret: https://deseret.com/utah/2022/8/18
Mitt Romney reveals where he stands on a potential Liz Cheney presidential run
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/19/mitt-romney-reveals-where-he-stands-on-a-potential-liz-cheney-presidential-run/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WHO DID THIS?! LOL! It appears even Google is getting in on pointing and laughing at Brian Stelter leaving CNN (screenshot)
https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/statushttps://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/19/who-did-this-lol-it-appears-even-google-is-getting-in-on-pointing-and-laughing-at-brian-stelter-leaving-cnn-screenshot/

look what happens when you google Mr Potato Head under google's News tab
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 02:44:08 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
Pretty sure CNN or MSNBC will pick Cheney up for pundit work.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »
Pretty sure CNN or MSNBC will pick Cheney up for pundit work.

They'll have to give her a show called "Trump Watch!!"

"Tonight, on Trump Watch!! Donald Trump luring children into sewers! Donald Trump parking in handicapped spaces! Donald Trump going in the out door! Could Donald Trump be misgendering you, and you don't even know?! All these stories and more, on Trump Watch!!"