Author Topic: Amazon apparently reads their product reviews  (Read 493 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Amazon apparently reads their product reviews
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:06:05 PM »
I posted a 'meh' review on a new Fire tablet.  In a nutshell, if you already have the preceding model, the new unit is not enough of an upgrade to warrant buying it, the sleep/wake cover function does not work, and as of late October, you cannot install Google Play services on the new unit.  I jailbreak all my Fire tablets since the Amazon appstore is not very good compared to the many more apps available only via the Google Play store.

I was surprised that not more than 30 minutes of my review being posted, an Amazon customer rep called me.  She asked many supplemental questions about my experience and offered to either return and refund or replace the Fire unit and the cover.  Apparently, other people have complained about the sleep/wake cover function, so they are wondering if this is a hardware or software issue that they need to fix.  I also gave her some background on the inability to install Google Play, which in all fairness, is not what the Fire tablets are designed for. I also received a followup email saying that if I had any more ideas, she would be sure to pass them along to the product team.

I am impressed that Amazon apparently has enough people that they can read their product reviews in real time and reach out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Amazon apparently reads their product reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 04:37:25 PM »
In other words...

"Send the son of a bitch the bed bug letter!"

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 04:53:28 PM »
Did you get the new Fire 8? SWMBO is looking at that one to replace hers that's several gens older. Battery has pretty much given up trying and it's time.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 07:44:52 PM »
The new Fire 7.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 07:59:42 PM »
Did you get the new Fire 8? SWMBO is looking at that one to replace hers that's several gens older. Battery has pretty much given up trying and it's time.

I bought a Fire 8, back in June. It was so horrible that it was back in the box and ready for return within four hours of opening the package.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 09:24:33 PM »
I was pondering the Fire 7 vs 8, and when they came out, there was not yet any information about the inability to install Google Play on the devices running Fire OS 8. I got the 7 since it was a more handy form factor for me to carry around in a parka pocket to have something to read with me.  I am keeping an eye on the reviews to see if the Play problem gets solved on one or the other device.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 11:08:09 PM »
I have one of the new Fire 8s... The cover thing does work for me.

Haven't tried to jailbreak it. This one is new - the last one died a fractalized death.
Blog under construction