Author Topic: Not with the Majority? EXTREMIST!  (Read 5143 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Not with the Majority? EXTREMIST!
« on: September 01, 2022, 07:52:59 PM »
NOW - White House: "When you are not with what majority of Americans are, then you know, that is extreme. That is an extreme way of thinking."

There will be no dissension!

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/09/01/karine-jean-pierre-says-when-youre-not-with-the-majority-of-americans-then-you-know-that-is-extreme/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Not with the Majority? EXTREMIST!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 08:33:22 PM »
Someone should point out to her that the US is currently 57.8% white, 18.7% Hispanic, 12.4% Black, and 6% Asian.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 08:34:06 PM »
Man this administration is quickly becoming Biden the divider.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:15:43 PM »

That's  feature, not a bug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 09:20:19 PM »
Wait until we're 6 months or so from the 2024 election. Think it's insane now? You ain't seen anything yet.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 09:47:10 PM »
So, this is how Sleepy Joe says 'Deplorables'
I cant see this going well
7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
Joe is at what 40% approval right now?
Can't believe there are that many people that stupid. Wait, yes I can.
Anyway I guess that means 60% are extremist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 07:44:44 AM »
He gave an "Extremists!" speech last night. CNN apparently later edited the background to pink to not make it look so sinister.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 08:32:06 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 08:55:05 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 09:33:50 AM »
Joe is at what 40% approval right now?
Can't believe there are that many people that stupid. Wait, yes I can.
Anyway I guess that means 60% are extremist

Well, stealing something from the link... if you approve of Biden's performance I guess you are an extremist.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 09:47:35 AM »
Well, stealing something from the link... if you approve of Biden's performance I guess you are an extremist.
By his own definition, Biden himself is an extremist since ALL recent polls show his approval UNDER 50%.

Biden is endangering democracy itself!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2022, 10:29:55 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2022, 10:44:14 AM »
CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning Joe
@Morning_Joe
·
Follow
Eugene Robinson: Biden speech was an urgent, wartime address

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/02/declared-war-on-americans-morningjoe-scarborough-and-guest-let-the-fascist-cat-out-of-the-bag-in-biden-hate-speech-segment/

Which (putting my tinfoil on) I've been thinking about. They make these outrageous statements, then people like me (I've said it here in the last few weeks) off the cuff will say something like, "Well, that's one way to get civil war". Absolutely not calling for civil war, just shaking our heads at the actual extremism coming from Biden, etc.

Then DOJ and Homeland run their search bots through websites like ours and general social media, find comments like mine, then the WH press secretary holds press conferences talking about all the intelligence they have on dangerous extremists arming for war against the US.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2022, 11:29:54 AM »
Greg Price
@greg_price11
·
Follow
The "extreme" MAGA agenda:

- Secure borders.
- Fair elections
- Energy independence
- Tough on crime
- Save babies
- Stop genital mutilation of kids
- Put parents first
- School choice
- Protect constitutional rights
- Put America First.

What part sounds extreme to you?
Greg Price
@greg_price11
·
Follow
Replying to @greg_price11
- Bring manufacturing home
- Pro-family policies
- Better trade deals
- Enforce anti-trust laws and stop corporate monopolies
- Fight government corruption
- Stop funding endless wars
- Fix social security

What part of this extreme MAGA agenda is a threat to democracy?
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/02/kick-as-thread-goes-through-extreme-maga-agenda-biden-claims-is-destroying-democracy-and-gosh-it-sounds-pretty-awesome/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2022, 11:48:22 AM »
They seem determined to split the population, to the point where civil war would be inevitable. What makes them think that they'll come out ahead? Are they planning on nuking Nebraska? That doesn't seem to be off the table. Are they planning on bringing in outside troops? I could see that... And that won't end well at all...
Blog under construction

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2022, 11:50:39 AM »
When is the last time this country had a leader that wasn't a divider? Reagan? I'm not saying everyone loved him but he seemed to expand the coalition (bring people together). Since then the strategy seems to be "energizing the base" instead of expanding it.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2022, 12:11:50 PM »
So we're going to sit here and pretend that Republicans want that list, or move on it when they're in charge?  Really?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »
So we're going to sit here and pretend that Republicans want that list, or move on it when they're in charge?  Really?
Are you under the impression that Biden was specifically and only referring to Republican politicians when he was describing extremists?  I understood him to be referring to Republican voters and supporters.

Given that context, yes, I think that is what many or most Republican voters want.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2022, 12:38:45 PM »
They seem determined to split the population, to the point where civil war would be inevitable. What makes them think that they'll come out ahead? Are they planning on nuking Nebraska? That doesn't seem to be off the table. Are they planning on bringing in outside troops? I could see that... And that won't end well at all...

It is irrelevant who "wins". The destruction will be the same. The point is to destroy the USA as as the last impediment to world government.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2022, 12:42:58 PM »
I am willing to concede that a large number of Republican voters want that list.  If that's true, voting for Republican politicians doesn't seem to be advancing their desires reliably.

Sure he's not governing well, but don't kid yourselves that getting someone from your tribe in there will somehow bring about concrete movement on the "MAGA list".

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2022, 12:56:50 PM »
Man, I just ordered my semi-fascist t-shirt. Now I have to get the extremist one, too? Ugh. It's getting to be too hard to keep up with all the calumnies.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »
I am willing to concede that a large number of Republican voters want that list.  If that's true, voting for Republican politicians doesn't seem to be advancing their desires reliably.
No argument.

Sure he's not governing well, but don't kid yourselves that getting someone from your tribe in there will somehow bring about concrete movement on the "MAGA list".
Again, you have completely missed the context.  That list was put forward as a description of the platform and the beliefs of the voters that Biden was labeling extremist.  Your tangent about Republican politicians not accomplishing those goals is accurate but a total non sequitur.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2022, 01:03:23 PM »
Appears we've reached the point where in their minds you're either a moderate democrat (far left in the real world) or you're an extreme far right fascist enemy of the state with no in between
- Calvin and Hobbes