Author Topic: Long Live The Queen  (Read 10002 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Long Live The Queen
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2022, 02:43:04 PM »
King Charles Replaces Harry & Meghan With Two Corgis In Line Of Succession
https://babylonbee.com/news/king-charles-replaces-harry--meghan-with-two-corgis-in-line-of-succession
Not that the Corgis would be a bad replacement for a position that is largely ceremonial, but is Harry even in the line of succession? Aside from "withdrawing" from the life of royals, he married a divorcee (Meghan) which was not permitted in the Anglican church - in fact, wasn't that the reason King Edward VIII was forced to abdicate his crown way back in 1936?

Maybe church rules have changed since then and Harry got a "pass" on that . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
He’s still in the line, but behind his brother and all of his brother’s kids.  So, unless fratricide returns to the succession planning Harry’s odds of becoming King are basically nil.  I’m sure they’ll be careful not to have all of Williams kids in the same plane or car just to maintain that succession in the event of an accident or act of terrorism/war.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2022, 03:12:30 PM »
He’s still in the line, but behind his brother and all of his brother’s kids.  So, unless fratricide returns to the succession planning Harry’s odds of becoming King are basically nil.  I’m sure they’ll be careful not to have all of Williams kids in the same plane or car just to maintain that succession in the event of an accident or act of terrorism/war.

Meghan's middle name isn't Rodham by chance?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2022, 03:40:43 PM »
Meghan's middle name isn't Rodham by chance?

She ain't even half that ugly.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2022, 11:47:14 AM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2022, 12:17:25 PM »

He's now THE KING. (Elvis has left the room . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2022, 01:03:41 AM »

The sad thing about this is that "Chucky" has been working to get this "job" all of his life.  Now, at 73, he finally has it, but for how long?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2022, 12:50:55 PM »
The sad thing about this is that "Chucky" has been working to get this "job" all of his life.  Now, at 73, he finally has it, but for how long?

Not sure what you're getting at. It is a hereditary position, so there's no working involved, unless he was trying to bump off his mum. Evidently, he was not. Tenure is life, unless Parliament decides to behead another king, or do that whole Glorious Revolution thing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2022, 03:24:14 PM »
Fact checkers on the case
And I actually was believing this one  :P

❌ The queen did not announce that she had information that could lead to the arrest of former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

These fabricated tweets are part of a long-running internet meme that circulates after the deaths of public figures https://t.co/7FaQWANum8 pic.twitter.com/LBCnokCnNC

— AFP Fact Check 🔎 (@AFPFactCheck) September 15, 2022
AFP fact-checker gets to the bottom of memes about Queen Elizabeth’s last words
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/09/15/afp-fact-checker-gets-to-the-bottom-of-memes-about-queen-elizabeths-last-words/

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 07:14:55 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2022, 08:35:35 PM »
I heard a rumor that people have been buying King Charles Spaniels right and left, but a quick net search yielded little. Anyone else heard this?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2022, 09:03:14 PM »
I heard a rumor that people have been buying King Charles Spaniels right and left, but a quick net search yielded little. Anyone else heard this?
My next door neighbor has one - she would probably say it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

It's very friendly, but either the dog is deaf (since it doesn't respond to her voice commands) or it never received any training beyond housebreaking.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2022, 01:25:18 PM »
My next door neighbor has one - she would probably say it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

As I understand it, the KC Spaniel is a different breed from the Cavalier KC Spaniel. Guess the standard one is a round-head? Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense...

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2022, 09:02:18 PM »
As I understand it, the KC Spaniel is a different breed from the Cavalier KC Spaniel. Guess the standard one is a round-head? Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense...

Maybe just call em Royalists and Roundheads?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2022, 09:43:29 PM »
King Charles Spaniel

Is that the breed that is so inbred that they are usually born with encephalitis?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2022, 01:09:26 AM »
Is that the breed that is so inbred that they are usually born with encephalitis?

No chin at least.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2022, 08:03:11 AM »

Are you talking about dogs or European royalty?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2022, 01:10:58 PM »
Are you talking about dogs or European royalty?

Yes

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2022, 09:32:39 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2022, 11:20:25 PM »
My wife and I were watching a documentary about the Queen and it occurred to me to wonder if she is above some aspects of British law.  If she called up the Royal Army and asked them to send over a Glock for her nightstand, I wonder if she would receive it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2022, 11:38:23 PM »
My wife and I were watching a documentary about the Queen and it occurred to me to wonder if she is above some aspects of British law.  If she called up the Royal Army and asked them to send over a Glock for her nightstand, I wonder if she would receive it.
Well, they DID own guns - I remember reading a story about the queen having a custom bolt action hunting rifle made in, IIRC, 7x57. This of course was decades ago. And at age 14 she learned to shoot a tommy gun.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/06/queen-elizabeth-churchill-gun/

The royal family also did some hunting, but Megan convinced Harry to forego the annual peasant hunt.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2022, 11:40:39 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fagan_(intruder)
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2022, 12:39:30 AM »

...the annual peasant hunt.

That's certainly one way to keep the rabble in line.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2022, 01:02:10 AM »
The royal family also did some hunting, but Megan convinced Harry to forego the annual peasant hunt.

I see what you did there ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2022, 07:00:40 AM »
That's certainly one way to keep the rabble in line.

I see what you did there ...

I wondered who'd catch that . . . in days of yore, peasant hunting really WAS the sport of kings.   ;)

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2022, 10:14:00 PM »
I wondered who'd catch that . . . in days of yore, peasant hunting really WAS the sport of kings.   ;)

With the way the government is treating us, "peasant hunting" is STILL a "thing".  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”