Author Topic: Long Live The Queen  (Read 9687 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Long Live The Queen
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »
His Royal Highness Prince Phillip loved pranking his wife, as she did him, here Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is on her way out and spots her husband dressed up as one of the House guards, she couldn't hide her laughter.
https://twitter.com/James_RP_Barnes/status/1568032047712866306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1568032047712866306%7Ctwgr%5E289d80e1414be1ee46a4e791f2b49ce25f13356c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Famy-313134%2F2022%2F09%2F08%2Fqueen-elizabeth-ii-twitter-tributes%2F

Note: Twitter felt the need to tag the photo at the link as
The following media includes potentially sensitive content.

Guess they figure some people will be triggered by the sight of the queen laughing
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2022, 08:22:37 AM »
But you honestly didn't hear any of the credible reports about the racial comments that were made about her? From inside of the Royal family, not to mention in the press?
I remember that she claimed someone was worried her kid might be too dark skinned or something.  You say those claims were credible - I assume you weren't referring just to her own pronouncements.  When I hear that a rather - "dramatic" as you put it - D list celebrity who has chosen to rely on controversy and scandal for a livelihood has said something sensational I don't tend to assume verity.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2022, 08:40:02 AM »
Well, all I can tell you is do a little googling, see some of the absolutely puerile stuff that was written about her in the British press, and you make your own decision.

It's not something that was exactly hidden.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2022, 08:50:46 AM »
Well, all I can tell you is do a little googling, see some of the absolutely puerile stuff that was written about her in the British press, and you make your own decision.
Eh.  It might mean something if it came from the family as you claimed, but it is hard to work up a care that something nasty was written about someone in the press.  UK tabloids being meanieheads is hardly something new or unique to that special snowflake.

Respect her all you like, but I doubt she tried to fit in as much as you claim.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2022, 09:12:58 AM »
Both the press and the family made racially charged comments about her.

As I said. Google.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2022, 09:22:43 AM »
How racist can they be? They presided over the era when foreigners have taken over London and much of the country.

The proofs in the puddin, they love brown people, assenting to their crown jewel city being filled and run by foreign peoples.

Different peoples have had their turn at the helm of the isle over its long history, the only difference this time is the color of their skin makes it more obvious.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2022, 09:47:50 AM »
Got to remember most monarchies have had an obsession in keeping their bloodlines pure or royal if you will often arranging marriages between close relatives with some going as far as being incestuous. The Ptolemies being a notable example of the latter and the Hapsburgs* of the former.

The Windsor's treatment of Meghan was to be expected, hundreds of years of bloodline traditions don't die overnight. While there may have been a fair amount of racism involved there was also a *gasp* she's a commoner! aspect to it. To be fair she did bring some of it down on herself acting like a spoiled know it all Hollywood elite with some of her public comments and I probably wouldn't want that kind of drama in my family either.

*Google Hapsburg Jaw
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:49:12 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2022, 09:53:21 AM »
I must be insensitive because I’m already tired of hearing about it on the news….

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
I must be insensitive because I’m already tired of hearing about it on the news….

Well I didn't care about Prince or that basketball player, and I really didn't like Robin Williams. But it would have been tasteless to brag about it in their obit thread.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »
I remember that she claimed someone was worried her kid might be too dark skinned or something.  You say those claims were credible - I assume you weren't referring just to her own pronouncements.  When I hear that a rather - "dramatic" as you put it - D list celebrity who has chosen to rely on controversy and scandal for a livelihood has said something sensational I don't tend to assume verity.

I place her credibility on racial issues right up there with Jussie Smollet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2022, 12:39:09 PM »
The Windsor's treatment of Meghan was to be expected, hundreds of years of bloodline traditions don't die overnight. While there may have been a fair amount of racism involved there was also a *gasp* she's a commoner! aspect to it. To be fair she did bring some of it down on herself acting like a spoiled know it all Hollywood elite with some of her public comments and I probably wouldn't want that kind of drama in my family either.

Kate is (was) a commoner.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2022, 01:01:09 PM »
"I place her credibility on racial issues right up there with Jussie Smollet."

Uhm... remember, she wasn't the only one claiming racist intent by both members of the royal family and the British press.

Harry backed up those claims.

Where do you put his credibility on racial issues?

Or is he just another, literally, ****** lover with no credibility because of that?  ???

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2022, 01:05:12 PM »
"I place her credibility on racial issues right up there with Jussie Smollet."

Uhm... remember, she wasn't the only one claiming racist intent by both members of the royal family and the British press.

Where do you put his credibility on racial issues?

Or is he just another, literally, ****** lover with no credibility because of that?  ???

I don’t care what color of woman he dips his wick in.  He has motivation to play along with her.  Monetary, domestic harmony, etc.  Besides, he’s a woke leftard regardless, so would have motive to push such a narrative for political reasons.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2022, 01:05:39 PM »
When you said she had balls I thought you meant his.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2022, 01:08:56 PM »
Kate is (was) a commoner.

True but at least her demeanor lined up nicely with that of the Windsors, didn't openly criticizes them, and didn't come across as a potential gold digger.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2022, 01:12:03 PM »
"Besides, he’s a woke leftard regardless, so would have motive to push such a narrative for political reasons."

You've really got to explain what political reasons he would have to have his wife's back.

I guess if you mean he was politically motivated to alienate himself from his family and his country, uhm... success?

As for a money aspect, I don't know their personal finances, but I do know that as senior royals their annual stipends for just breathing were pretty substantial, so I'm not sure that that claim makes much sense.

Jussee Smolette's ploy makes sense for someone who was trying to capitalize off a movement in the United States to solidify his position in the entertainment industry.

Harry and Megan's racism claims had no potential to do that because their positions were already cemented. They were set for life, and they chose to walk away from that...

Sorry, just not buying that as their motivation.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2022, 01:13:23 PM »
But you honestly didn't hear any of the credible reports about the racial comments that were made about her? From inside of the Royal family, not to mention in the press?

So what? 

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2022, 02:02:58 PM »
Jussee Smolette's ploy makes sense for someone who was trying to capitalize off a movement in the United States to solidify his position in the entertainment industry.

Harry and Megan's racism claims had no potential to do that because their positions were already cemented. They were set for life, and they chose to walk away from that...

Sorry, just not buying that as their motivation.

With nothing factual to base it on, my supposition is that Meghan was simply unprepared for what life as a royal requires in terms of protocol. Things like curtsying the first time each day she encounters the queen, for example, are second nature to a Brit like Kate, but we Amurricans have been brought up that we don't bow to anyone -- but as the wife of a prince, such courtesies are expected and required. I'm sure she felt that she didn't fit in and that's probably because she didn't fit in -- and I suspect she didn't make much of an effort to adapt the the new situation. More than likely, she expected the entire royal family to adapt to her.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2022, 02:14:11 PM »
More than likely, she expected the entire royal family to adapt to her.

Agreed.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2022, 03:26:04 PM »
Stacey Abrams Announces That With A Heavy Heart She Will Succeed Elizabeth II As Queen
https://babylonbee.com/news/stacey-abrams-announces-that-with-a-heavy-heart-she-will-succeed-elizabeth-ii-as-queen

ATLANTA, GA — Rightful Governor of Georgia Stacey Abrams announced that she will succeed Elizabeth II as the Queen of England only moments after the announcement of the Queen's death.

"It is with a heavy heart that I accept my new responsibility as England's new Queen," said Abrams solemnly. "They say 'heavy is the head that wears the crown,' but my head was already heavy, so I'm used to it."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2022, 08:57:31 PM »
Well I didn't care about Prince or that basketball player, and I really didn't like Robin Williams. But it would have been tasteless to brag about it in their obit thread.

Touché

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2022, 10:34:34 PM »
 :rofl:

America Says Offer To Trade Biden For The Queen Still Stands
https://babylonbee.com/news/america-says-offer-to-trade--biden-for-the-queen-still-stands

The U.S. government was reportedly prepared to sweeten the deal by including congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and actor Alec Baldwin in the trade, but this seemed to only scare the British off even more.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2022, 06:46:04 AM »
:rofl:

America Says Offer To Trade Biden For The Queen Still Stands
https://babylonbee.com/news/america-says-offer-to-trade--biden-for-the-queen-still-stands

Do we have any ludicrous sized gemstones we can bribe them with?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2022, 09:21:11 AM »
Respect her all you like, but I doubt she tried to fit in as much as you claim.

The teevee reminded me this morning of how she chose to make her political statement of boycotting Trump when he had his first visit with the Queen and Royal Family.

She's simply a Hollywood product akin to Kathy Griffin and the like. Harry is only that way because she has his balls in her purse. He seemed like an okay guy before he got involved with her.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."