Author Topic: Interviewing Idiocracy  (Read 1373 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Interviewing Idiocracy
« on: September 13, 2022, 08:16:27 AM »
I realize that these kinds of interviews focus on the dummies while not including those who can answer the (extremely easy) questions correctly, but it blows my mind that they can find this many morons.

On the telling time thing, it's my understanding that even otherwise intelligent youth can no longer tell analog time, much as they can't figure out how to use a rotary phone, so that's likely different than the blank looks for "what's 3x3x3?"

The interviews appear to be in a large urban area, probably back East. Note: The interviewer is kind of annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu7RXlIEbog
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Interviewing Idiocracy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
Yes.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 08:56:36 AM »
Have you seen the one where they ask people what country the "Queen of England" is from?  People get it wrong.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 09:00:57 AM »
Have you seen the one where they ask people what country the "Queen of England" is from?  People get it wrong.

He asks several like that, and I guess I can see where even intelligent people would initially do a double take before they said, "ha ha, okay, wiseguy". The ones that get me are the questions like asking what countries border the US, or "Name five states" (the Bronx!).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 09:41:42 AM »
I always wonder if it's people who know the answer but want to be a celebrity, albeit a dumb one.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 09:57:02 AM »
I always wonder if it's people who know the answer but want to be a celebrity, albeit a dumb one.
I've had that same thought myself . . . people who know the (obvious) answers will never make the cut and appear in the videos.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
A lot of girls think it's cute to look dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if some guys think so, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »
A lot of girls think it's cute to look dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if some guys think so, too.
True.  Culturally some things are more acceptable or even fashionable to be stupid about too - math, for instance.  I imagine some subcultures and age groups take that and run with it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 11:37:48 AM »

Is this some semantic nonsense question, where they're looking for precise designation of exactly whatever the hell England is?  Is it the United Kingdom?  Is Wales a "country" according to Brit nomenclature and she's from there?  Or is any British-ish answer accurate and people are that dumb?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 11:52:24 AM »

Who's buried in Grant's grave?

Edit: sorry Tomb
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:51:50 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 05:50:17 PM »

She is from Germany.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 07:55:13 PM »
06:38 --

Dweeb: "Do you know what 3 times 3 times 3 is?"

Chick: "Yes."

:rofl:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 07:56:28 PM »
She is from Germany.

Wrong.

Born in London.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »
They have been doing stuff like this as long as I can remember.  It doesn't represent any sort of new trend.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 11:27:16 PM »
Wrong.

Born in London.

I think he's saying the British royals are of German heritage. Or Austrian, or whatever it was.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:45 AM »

I think he's saying the British royals are of German heritage. Or Austrian, or whatever it was.

This one.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 09:12:06 AM »
They don't know anything about anything but I bet all of them are proponents of the "I f****** love science!" psyop.

Believe the "experts", you will believe the "experts" ... A bunch of hypnotized imbeciles.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 09:18:42 AM »
They have been doing stuff like this as long as I can remember.  It doesn't represent any sort of new trend.

Sure, but my OP point was the fact that they find so many stupid people. These are all voters, and they can't name five states.

Actually, I'd like to see this guy go to Congress and ask the exact same questions. I seriously bet that 20% of current congressionals would miss most of the questions.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 09:20:19 AM »
Sure, but my OP point was the fact that they find so many stupid people. These are all voters, and they can't name five states.

Actually, I'd like to see this guy go to Congress and ask the exact same question. I seriously bet that 20% of current congressionals would miss most of the questions.

That's mighty optimistic of you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 10:10:43 AM »
Is this some semantic nonsense question, where they're looking for precise designation of exactly whatever the hell England is?  Is it the United Kingdom?  Is Wales a "country" according to Brit nomenclature and she's from there?  Or is any British-ish answer accurate and people are that dumb?

No they were looking for "England".  I assume they would have taken the UK, Scotland, Wales, Canada, Australia or Jamaica if someone had been quick enough to rattle them off.  Most people [that made the video edit] just said some version of "I don't know"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 10:19:50 AM »
A disturbingly large % of those unable to do basic math or simple logical deduction, which is disturbing all by itself, will also tell you it's a scientific fact men can get pregnant.

It's not a bug it's a feature
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 09:25:43 PM »
This one.

If the Queen (who was born in London) is "from" Germany, then I'm "from" France. (But I was born in Texas, and both of my parents were born in the USA.)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 09:29:15 PM »
If the Queen (who was born in London) is "from" Germany, then I'm "from" France. (But I was born in Texas, and both of my parents were born in the USA.)

Well my dad was born in Paris..................Paris Tennessee
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 09:49:59 PM »

If you were British royalty, that comparison might be apt. Think about it.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 12:27:20 AM »
Wrong.

Born in London.

Wasn't the late Prince Phillip (QE2's husband) from Germany?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”