Author Topic: Swedish Politics seems to have swung right  (Read 959 times)

dogmush

• friend
Swedish Politics seems to have swung right
« on: September 15, 2022, 07:38:19 AM »
I'll link a BBC report below, but the TL:DR is that the Leftish center government of Sweden was voted out by a Right wing coalition that ran on getting immigration under control, stopping gang shootings, and increasing prison sentences.  It seems like crime got bad enough the Swedes did something.

The BBC article makes a few swipes at the Swedish Democrats (right wing party) as coming from Neo Nazi roots, and I don't know enough about Sweden to know if that's fair or not, but if true, I think it's telling that folks are sick enough with immigration to overlook that connotation.  There's probably some interesting take aways for other moderate left politicians around the world about how much upset folks will put up with, and who they might vote for when enough is enough.

I wonder if the new government will Make Sweden Great Again.

Sidenote: Is Viking still around?

BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62908902  A google of "Swedish Election" will bring up stories from your news site of choice.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Swedish Politics seems to have swung right
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 08:31:15 AM »
Viking is still around.  Last online Sept 11.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 09:55:23 AM »
Not as far right as the corporate media would have you believe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYzleXUd3I
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »
Are they so far right they use normal pronouns normally?

cuz so did the nazis
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 04:44:37 PM »
Not as far right as the corporate media would have you believe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYzleXUd3I

What does this video say?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 04:46:27 PM »
Are they so far right they use normal pronouns normally?

cuz so did the nazis

Seeing a headline or two that I have not clicked on describing them as former Neo-Nazis
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 07:30:24 PM »
Now Italy

Italy's far right set to win election - exit polls
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63029909
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 10:22:50 PM »

Italy's far right set to win election - exit polls

From the link:

"Yes to the natural family, no to the LGBT lobby, yes to sexual identity, no to gender ideology... no to Islamist violence, yes to secure borders, no to mass migration... no to big international finance... no to the bureaucrats of Brussels!"

Sounds great, if they actually follow through.  They still only got about 1/4 the vote, if I am reading this correctly.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 10:27:16 PM »
Turns out  people are sick of invaders *expletive deleted*ing their happy homogeneous society up.  Finally.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 12:28:59 AM »
Turns out  people are sick of invaders *expletive deleted*ing their happy homogeneous society up.  Finally.

That is why the Japanese make it so hard, if not impossible, for non-Japanese people to own property, do certain jobs, etc.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 09:18:24 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 09:54:08 AM »
On Italy:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1574251105940377607
Based on this one clip, she'd make an awesome replacement for Kamala . . . if only she were eligible.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 10:45:25 AM »
Based on this one clip, she'd make an awesome replacement for Kamala . . . if only she were eligible.

A booger stain on a bathroom wall would make an awesome replacement for Kamala. Almost as repulsive and just as useless.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »
Some in the MSM comparing her to Mussolini
I was waiting to see when I would see that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 11:12:59 AM »

Well, I guess in some ways you could argue they have a point, except not the one they're making. I notice she seem to dislike the "financial speculators" though that could be a translation thing. Mussolini would have hated capitalists, but of course he was a big lefty, not "far right".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 11:17:29 AM »
Unless she want to ban or imprison political opponents and establish micromanagement of all private businesses by government fiat, I don't see her as a fascist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 11:25:41 AM »
Unless she want to ban or imprison political opponents and establish micromanagement of all private businesses by government fiat, I don't see her as a fascist.

I don't either but that doesn't stop the MSM from calling Trump and anyone who votes for him a fascist.
Reality has little to do with what the MSM says.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 01:29:32 PM »
On Italy:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1574251105940377607

Wow. She's right.

I don't think consumerism is the real goal, of course. I don't think the Davos Left knows its own goals. It's simply driven to evil by demonic forces it doesn't even believe in.

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2022, 05:27:58 PM »
"This is an absolute disaster. Maybe women do belong in the kitchen," said Italian Leftist Atlantic contributor Gianna Mozzarella. "If we had spent less time empowering women, maybe we could have stopped this far, far-right, right-wing fascist, far-extremist far, far, Nazi right-extremist right-winger from getting elected."

Leftists Announce They No Longer Support Strong, Independent Women
https://babylonbee.com/news/leftists-announce-they-no-longer-support-strong-independent-women
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 11:24:15 PM »

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:44 AM »
They are socially far right. Restricting immigration, probably the most pro-gun party in the country, in favor of repatriations of the useless voting cattle and deporting criminals for example, they are also pro-nuclear, pro-NATO, in favor of harsher punishments. Economically...it's a mixed bag. They used to be more to the left there but after an influx of angry former moderates & christian democrats they've moved a bit more to the right. They sure aren't economically libertarian or minarchists. All in all, if they can keep this coalition together (looking at you, Liberal party cumrags), I am cautiously optimistic.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2022, 10:30:41 AM »
Pelosi Drafts Articles Of Impeachment Against New Prime Minister Of Italy
https://babylonbee.com/news/pelosi-drafts-articles-of-impeachment-against-new-prime-minister-of-italy
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2022, 12:27:14 PM »
Meloni's left-wing opponent says return of fascism is "fake news."

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/09/27/melonis-liberal-opponent-nascent-fascism-in-italy-is-absolutely-fake-news-n499320

Someone better tell MSNBC

MSNBC opinion columnist Ruth Ben-Ghiat blasted the alleged "fascist credentials" of incoming Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni in a column on Tuesday and claimed that her "extremism" is "familiar" to those who follow supposed "authoritarian" regimes in Florida and Texas.

Ben-Ghiat wrote that Meloni’s political positions of being against "gender ideology," "LGBT lobbies" and "same-sex unions," as well as being pro-border control, make her an authoritarian leader. The piece also warned that Meloni is a friend of the Republican Party in the U.S. and wrote that her delivery "recalls that of Il Duce," Benito Mussolini.

Incoming Italian PM’s 'extremism' and ‘fascist credentials’ make her ‘GOP favorite,’ claims MSNBC column
https://www.foxnews.com/media/incoming-italian-pms-extremism-fascist-credentials-make-her-gop-favorite-claims-msnbc-column
- Calvin and Hobbes