Author Topic: Beware cheap ammo in North Carolina  (Read 301 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Beware cheap ammo in North Carolina
« on: September 19, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
Rather, beware people selling cheap ammo outta the back of a truck in North Carolina. Winchester 9mm, specifically.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/09/17/atf-ammunition-stolen-shipping-containers-nc/

Guns & Gadgets says three containers full, but I have a feeling his info is anecdotal and the anecdotees have exercised a modicum of presumptive exaggeration. Three shipping containers full of ammo is... a lot. "Broken into and stolen from three containers" is much more believable, especially given there were only two suspect vehicles mentioned and neither was a dump truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZfC80NGCI

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
Re: Beware cheap ammo in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 06:57:19 PM »
According to the linked story, the vehicles were " . . . a gray four-door sedan and a silver SUV . . . "

Looks like they repackaged the stolen ammo so they could blend in to traffic and not arouse anyone's suspicions . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 08:58:02 PM »
Maybe I was imagining something that didn't happen.  Did they just break into a few shipping containers and steal some from each?  Or did they empty the shipping containers?

There are probably ways unload that amount of ammo without arousing too much suspicion, but I doubt too many thieves will be patient enough to do it that way. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 09:02:31 PM »
Stocking up for the impending civil war?   [ar15]

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
Maybe I was imagining something that didn't happen.  Did they just break into a few shipping containers and steal some from each?  Or did they empty the shipping containers?

There are probably ways unload that amount of ammo without arousing too much suspicion, but I doubt too many thieves will be patient enough to do it that way.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ammunition-north-carolina-stolen-freight-line-shipping-containers

"Large amounts" from 3 different containers, using two vehicles, a car and an SUV.

I don't think they emptied the whole container, it was probably cases in the dozens each time, and from three different locations suggests an inside job.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?