Author Topic: NRA Board of Directors snubbed by NRA committees  (Read 777 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
NRA Board of Directors snubbed by NRA committees
« on: September 23, 2022, 04:11:28 PM »
Guns & Gadgets reporting that two NRA committees, Special Litigation and Finance, did not allow the full board to see info on a legal settlement and a financial report. I've served on several directorial boards. Had a committee told us to FOAD, at the very least the committee members would have been immediately removed from committee. In a couple of instances, they would have been fired on the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSFq95Ps9s

Surely there is more to the story. I can't see any committee doing this to its Board.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: NRA Board of Directors snubbed by NRA committees
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 04:54:58 PM »
Are you really surprised?  NRA is already known to be a corrupted organization of grifters. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 10:26:51 PM »
I stopped renewing my membership when they re-appointed Wayne overwhelmingly, even after all the garbage came out.  For a long time, I was maintaining my membership thinking we can't reform it if we are not members. 

That made me realize it can't be reformed unless not only Wayne but the entire board of directors is ejected.   :-[

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 07:51:04 AM »
I stopped renewing my membership when they re-appointed Wayne overwhelmingly, even after all the garbage came out.  For a long time, I was maintaining my membership thinking we can't reform it if we are not members. 

That made me realize it can't be reformed unless not only Wayne but the entire board of directors is ejected.   :-[
I stayed a member because they offered me a 5 year extension for $100. I'm no fan of WLP (trying to get the Association to pick up a $30k tab for his WARDROBE was IMHO the act of a bush league grifter) but I like reading the AR magazine.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 07:55:33 AM »
I stayed a member because they offered me a 5 year extension for $100. I'm no fan of WLP (trying to get the Association to pick up a $30k tab for his WARDROBE was IMHO the act of a bush league grifter) but I like reading the AR magazine.

Yeah, I still like the magazines. If I were a monthly member, at this point (or like a year ago), I would have canceled my membership, but I became a lifer back in the 90s. I guess I could cancel my life membership as a protest, but there's always the chance that 5-10 years from now, the house will be cleaned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 08:38:26 AM »
Wayne can't live forever.  The only question is, will he be replaced after death by someone as crooked and incompetent as he is?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 08:52:26 AM »
Wayne can't live forever.  The only question is, will he be replaced after death by someone as crooked and incompetent as he is?

Yeah, at this point you almost can't blame Wayne anymore. He was voted back in even after all the evidence came out. It really needs to be a nuclear house cleaning at the top for things to change.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 10:14:37 AM »
I saw the NRA as being behind the eight ball or humping it when someone else cue-balled it. That, and bending to political correctness did it for me.

Surely there is a billionaire out there somewhere who can buy WLP and the current compliant WLP minions out. Wish I had the dough!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 01:03:30 PM »

That would be difficult.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 04:25:41 PM »
I think Liz Cheney will be looking for work soon . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain