Author Topic: The U.S. military can't find enough good ... er, um ... "folks"  (Read 592 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
Re: The U.S. military can't find enough good ... er, um ... "folks"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 12:00:06 AM »
"Terrorist" is now a bad word.  Wonder why the President can call Americans terrorist and that's OK?  I guess it depends on where the terrorist, sorry, the illegal politically motivated influencer, is from.

And by the way, if I addressed my mother or father as a caregiver they would be insulted.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 07:49:52 AM »
The Chinese air force has no chance if they ever dare to face off against our wokeness-trained pilots.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 09:24:38 PM »
Related, John Lovell did a video about this. Agree or disagree with his other comments, but one fact stood out that was not directly related to the OP: Only 23% of adults 17-24 qualify to serve in the US military without a waiver.

I was absolutely shocked by that. I honestly thought the numbers would be reversed - that maybe 1/4 of those that applied would be denied without a waiver (common denial reasons are obesity, drug use, criminal record). To me, this is a terrible factoid about the fabric of our nation in general, not just the military.

https://youtu.be/IkaEh3UnyKc
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 09:56:59 PM »
Unpopular opinion: the military should shrink and their budget, too.

The Big Sand War is over.  There is no real world-wide threat right now.  We ramped up for the GWOT and now it is (past) time to wind down.

The cold war is done; Russia is not a threat.  Neither is China, outside of ICBMs.

Finally, the US should not be the police force for the world.   Let someone else do that.

Cut the military size and budget by a third. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 10:30:19 PM »
Unpopular opinion:  Our professional military should be shrunk drastically and replaced by a civilian militia like Switzerland's.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 11:21:26 PM »
They might have more success recruiting if the military was defending the clear interests of America. Our borders would be a good place to start, particularly the southern border.

I don't support the US military being the muscle for globalist plans and machinations.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 06:12:15 AM »
Who wants to go die in a shithole and have their sacrifice mean nothing at all like Iraq and Afghanistan?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 07:11:38 AM »
On the same topic, why does South Korea need our troops there?

With twice the North's population and an economy 50x larger, you'd think they could afford an army on their own big enough to handle the North. (I suppose we COULD offer nuclear back up)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain