Author Topic: Abbott vs Beto  (Read 5036 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Abbott vs Beto
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2022, 10:16:53 PM »
Regarding voting for Democrats...

I voted for the Democrat who ran against Jim Talent, who voted for the AWB back around 1998 or 2000 so...

The Democratic Party didn't support the guy at all. Maybe even worked against him.

His name was John Ross. He figured it was easier to take over the Dem machine than Missouri's GOP machine.

RIP Mr. Ross.

Hope they release the manuscript for his second novel.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2022, 08:16:29 AM »
I voted for a Democrat some years ago, Gerry Connolley.

I've known him for years, and while he's always been a liberal puke, I thought we had made some significant inroads into moderating his thinking on a number of subjects, including firearms, while he was a Fairfax County commissioner.

The second he goes to Washington, though?

Hard core anti-gunner and ultra liberal liberal.

I'll never make that mistake again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
I can't recall ever voting Democrat unless you count John McCain or the Bush's.

Someone mentioned the big switch in the South on the previous page.  Both my grandparents voted Democrat all their lives.  They didn't switch.  My home town was still largely Democrat for local elections at least up into the 90's.  Texas didn't switch R solidly until the mid-90's and the Clinton administration.  I don't think most people changed, just their kids don't vote the way they did.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2022, 08:28:52 AM »
Yup, Abbott's finished.

https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/10/05/francis-beto-orourke-spotted-pandering-in-style-harry-styles-that-is-and-twitter-is-prepared-to-mock-on/

If you don't know who Styles is - well, I don't, either. Brit pop singer, apparently, and just recently had a starring role in some crazed, feminist film that no one's watching. Adios, Abbott.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2022, 08:32:59 AM »
Yup, Abbott's finished.

https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/10/05/francis-beto-orourke-spotted-pandering-in-style-harry-styles-that-is-and-twitter-is-prepared-to-mock-on/

If you don't know who Styles is - well, I don't, either. Brit pop singer, apparently, and just recently had a starring role in some crazed, feminist film that no one's watching. Adios, Abbott.
Awww . . . they make such a cute couple.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2022, 08:48:55 AM »
"🎶it's an
Itsy bitsy
Teeny weenie
Yellow polka dot mankini
That he wore for the first time today🎶"

Great. Coffee and spit all over my computer monitor...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2022, 10:48:06 AM »
A Monkey Pox Production
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2022, 10:59:37 AM »
Word is, Abbott's going to fight back with a Megan Thee Stallion endorsement.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2022, 11:26:13 AM »
A "breaking news!" flash just popped up on my phone.

There's apparently a big, weepy editorial (not breaking news) purporting to be hard hitting investigative journalism that *GASP* REVEALS THAT ABBOT USED COVID RELIEF MONEY TO BUILD ELEMENTS OF THE BORDER WALL!!!! *GASP*

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/texas-covid-money-operation-lone-star/

Obviously the person making those allegations (and I hope to hell that it's true) is completely against such a use of funds.

But, interesting, he provides no information on how Covid relief funds were used elsewhere in the country... say such as Chicago ($280 million went to the Chicago Police Department), New York (used Covid relief funds to push critical race theory in public schools, as did California and Illinois), Washington, DC, or myriad other liberal controlled bastions of "property action and thought."

Interesting that the author makes NO references of the Federal vaccine mandates targeted at US citizens (but NOT immigrants). Sounds to me that securing the border against unvaccinated, untested potential Covid carriers is a logical use of Covid relief funds, and hopefully Abbot's administration will spin it that way.

I'm also betting, given the problems that the border crisis has been giving Texas for the first two years of the Biden administration, that Beto's team is going "this was not a particularly good time for this to come out because it's going to backfire on us really badly."

Be VERY interesting to see if they even mention it at all...

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2022, 12:26:18 PM »
Beto is speaking on campus today, about a block away from my building. Tried watching a bit of the livestream but turned it off in disgust after a few minutes. Giant feelz-fest with the group taking turns stroking egos and supporting each other's uninformed opinions and pathetic vacuity.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2022, 01:25:40 PM »
My next door neighbors have  "Mothers against Abbott" and "BETO" political yard signs. (They had a BIDEN sign 2 years ago.)   :facepalm:

They're good people otherwise, so if they don't bring it up, neither will I.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »
Good idea.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2022, 10:23:57 AM »
"They're good people otherwise"

Communists are never good people...  :rofl:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
"They're good people otherwise"

Communists are never good people...  :rofl:

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2022, 01:24:39 PM »
Exactly...

HankB

• friend
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2022, 01:50:03 PM »
OK, ok, . . . point taken.

Now where do I rent a helicopter . . .

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2022, 12:16:33 AM »
Babylon Bee - Californians Move to Texas | Episode 3
They are out canvasing for Beto. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzOZuPgcMc

This one has a special guest appearance. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2022, 01:18:14 AM »
Babylon Bee - Californians Move to Texas | Episode 3
They are out canvasing for Beto. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzOZuPgcMc

This one has a special guest appearance.

Loved the Zodiac Killer reference. Ted's a good sport.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2022, 07:31:04 AM »
Loved the Zodiac Killer reference. Ted's a good sport.

That was great!  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2022, 08:09:58 PM »
I rarely laugh out loud - but damn! that was funny!   :rofl:  :rofl: