Author Topic: Rumors Xi under house arrest in China  (Read 603 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Rumors Xi under house arrest in China
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:15:04 AM »
Saw rumors of a coup or a attempted coup in China a few days ago and now rumors that President Xi is under house arrest by the PLA.
These are just rumors so be aware of that but something may be afoot in China.
Could be a big steaming pile of internet BS but unfortunately China isn't usually forthcoming on info one way or another on internal politics. Apparently there's a reported news blackout on news out of Beijing which is adding to the mystery.

Social media abuzz with rumour of coup in Beijing against Xi Jinping
https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/xi-jinping-under-house-arrest-in-china-bjp-subramanian-swamy-tweet-sets-social-media-abuzz-2004296-2022-09-24

Fact Check: Has Chinese President Xi Jinping been placed under house arrest?
https://www.theasianmirror.com/news/18627/fact-check-has-chinese-president-xi-jinping-been-placed-under-house-arrest/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fact-check-has-chinese-president-xi-jinping-been-placed-under-house-arrest
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: Rumors Xi under house arrest in China
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:33:18 AM »
So is it because Xi is too hardcore a commie . . . or because he's too much of a softie for the REAL hardcore commies?

Maybe something as simple as someone else saying "You've been dictator long enough - now it's my turn!"

Do Hong Kong and Taiwan figure into this in any way?

Or is what's leaking out of China >90% malarkey?

Something that bears watching. Hope someone in Brandon's administration can tear their attention away from Ukraine, global warming, ultra-MAGA white supremacists and Orange Man Bad long enough to take a look at what's going on in Beijing.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 11:24:21 AM »
This popped up in my YT feed a few days ago.
Until today I dismissed it as YT click bait. Now I'm not so sure.

Go to 0:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_3YzKl1Po

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 03:12:59 PM »
Well true or not something is going on...maybe

The speculation about Xi Jinping's house arrest comes after China sentenced two former ministers to death earlier this week. The two ministers and four other officials, who were sentenced to life, are reportedly part of a 'political faction'.
Internet Abuzz With Rumours Of Xi Jinping's House Arrest, Coup In China
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/internet-abuzz-with-rumours-of-xi-jinpings-house-arrest-coup-in-china-3374956

Trouble is we may never know for sure what if anything is going on.

a) A coup occurred and we just haven't found out for sure yet.
b) There is a coup occurring and things are a confused mess at the moment.
c) Xi found out a coup could be in the works or he put down a coup and is cleaning house
d) Xi is just being a dick and getting rid of rivals the old fashion way
e) It's business as usual in China and the internet is being the internet. Oh and Xi is being a dick.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:46:16 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 08:04:32 PM »
We don't even know who is really running our own country let alone China.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 10:37:07 PM »
We don't even know who is really running our own country let alone China.

I thought China was running Biden... :O
???
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 08:09:56 AM »
Biden didn't get his 10% on his last deal with the Chinese, so he dropped the hammer on Xi.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 01:26:32 PM »
Xi showed back up with a lot of question of what did and is happening.

Things like this are raising more questions

Drama at Chinese Communist Party summit: Xi predecessor Hu Jintao hauled out
Xi sits as former Chinese President Hu Jintao is forcibly removed from closing ceremony of Chinese Communist Party meeting
https://www.foxnews.com/world/drama-chinese-communist-party-summit-xi-predecessor-hu-jintao-hauled-out

No explanation has been given as to what was said or why Hu was forced the leave the ceremony.

Reports said the incident occurred as reporters were called in to cover the ceremony but mention of the days' drama was removed from China's Twitter-like platform Weibo and missing entirely from Chinese news coverage, according to Reuters.

- Calvin and Hobbes