Author Topic: Dishwashers  (Read 1198 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Dishwashers
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2022, 08:40:29 PM »
I got my HUGE Whirlpool microwave at a Goodwill. I think I paid $20. Had the glass rotating thing and all.

I used to have a lot of nice kitchen stuff prior to the whole "fall in love" thing. I managed to grab the industrial Bunn coffee maker, which I gave to my bud Rich. Jen trashed a lot of my knives and pans, but I could get new ones.

I picked up a Kitchenaid hand mixer for cheap to replace the big stand mixer that I no longer have. It works fine for my stuff. I got a stainless bartop Oster blender, that rocks if I want to drink something all blendy. I think that cost $5...

Aldi has decent pans. And I got a bunch of restaurant quality plates and silverware at a local thrift outfit.

I do need some better knives. I have found that Chicago Cutlery actually holds a better edge than some higher dollar blades.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
I've had my dishwasher for more than 40 years now. Getting to be a little high maintenance but she is over 60 years old.
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »
Dishwasher finally gave up the ghost last night.  No longer powers on.  Circuit is fine, the control panel is dead on it.

Ordered a Bosch 300 series and it'll arrive tomorrow.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2022, 06:06:53 PM »
I think that costs more than my whole kitchen...
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2022, 06:34:11 PM »
Ordered a Bosch 300 series and it'll arrive tomorrow.

Good luck getting someone to work on it.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »
We had a Bosch circa 2007.  Never really got the dishes clean.  Yanked that bastard and installed a little rolling kitchen cart in it's place.  Been sponge and dish soap since.  It's just the two of us,  not enough dishes to justify the aggravation.

Being 4 whole generations removed from Mennonite might have something to do with it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2022, 09:23:30 PM »
I haven't seen the bottom of my sink in weeks. I really oughta shove another load in my el-cheapo Whirlpool paid for dish washer. Usually I just do the dishes on my weekends.
Blog under construction