Author Topic: Ryan Reynolds announces Deadpool 3... and it's hysterical!  (Read 714 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ryan Reynolds announces Deadpool 3... and it's hysterical!
« on: September 28, 2022, 07:54:12 AM »
As you would expect!

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1574865217141481477?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1574865217141481477%7Ctwgr%5Ecaefbedebf4430ddd9840836daaa89b43a94d688%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2022%2F09%2F27%2Fhugh-jackman-is-back-as-wolverine-in-ryan-reynolds-deadpool-3.html

Unfortunately, we're two years out from it.

Interestingly, Disney acquired the Deadpool rights in 2019 and announced plans to integrate it into the Marvel Comics Universe. What's really interesting is that Disney is letting D3, like 1 and 2, be developed as an R rated movie... probably because D1 and D2 were absolutely box office monsters, each pulling in close to $1 billion in revenue.

More about that from CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/27/hugh-jackman-is-back-as-wolverine-in-ryan-reynolds-deadpool-3.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Ryan Reynolds announces Deadpool 3... and it's hysterical!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:08:09 AM »
Looking forward to it.  I am sure the idiot executives at Disney will do their best to screw it up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
Looking forward to it.  I am sure the idiot executives at Disney will do their best to screw it up.

They'll put their best franchise killers, J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy, on it and bring in writers from the Rings of Power to script it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 09:26:33 AM »
Yeah, saw the teaser last night. Almost skipped it for a second thinking it was another Mint Mobile commercial. Glad I didn't.

"Hard keeping my mouth sewn shut about this one."  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

youtube linky for folks who avoid twitter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd47Z8HYf0Y

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 09:34:07 AM »
Disney?

They'll probably replace Morena Baccarin as Deadpool's love interest . . . probably not with Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) as they implied in the linked teaser, he's too white . . . maybe they'll re-imagine Samuel L. Jackson's "Nick Fury" character to fit him into the role.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 09:36:31 AM »
Just found out there's a second update.

Update, Part Hugh.  :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szj1iqYanFM

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 09:49:35 AM »
Just found out there's a second update.

Update, Part Hugh.  :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szj1iqYanFM

Brad
Hugh sure looks like he's been using plenty of something like Grecian Formula in this clip.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 12:14:06 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 10:53:48 AM »
Just dropped

Deadpool & Wolverine Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-zNOT4P1A
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 11:03:19 AM »
I am... Marvel Jesus.

:rofl:

Brad
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 07:09:22 AM »
Already? They didn't waste any time

If You Think Deadpool Is Funny and She-Hulk Isn't, You're a Sexist or … Something
https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2024/02/15/if-you-think-deadpool-is-funny-and-she-hulk-isnt-youre-a-sexist-or-something-n2392923

She-Hulk was a dumpster fire and that's an insult to dumpster fires
And apparently they're saying SH did the whole breaking the 4th wall thing first so DP stole that idea from She-Hulk... or something
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 07:37:30 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 07:11:46 AM »
Wait a second...

The original Deadpool movie hit in... 2015? 2016?

She Hulk ATL dropped in... 2022?

Are the people shilling for it so *expletive deleted*ing stupid that they don't get that DP didn't copy SheHulk's jokes?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 02:09:55 PM »
She did it in the comics. That show was still crap. I didn't make it for all of one episode.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 05:01:30 PM »
So, that gives the character ownership over what others have also undoubtedly done many, many times before...

Because she has tits.

OK.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2024, 11:14:12 AM »
I enjoyed the Marvel films...until the 4th Thor flick.  Just not good writing/storytelling.  Same with the shows (though I enjoyed Loki and Ms. Marvel).  I've got hope for Deadpool 3.

Maybe I'm getting old, but seems like Hollywood focuses too much of digital effects and not enough on the story.  Or they go to such lengths to avoid offending tge loud people that they ruin a good concept, forgetting that life, all too much, is terribly offensive.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2024, 11:23:07 AM »
I enjoyed the Marvel films...until the 4th Thor flick.  Just not good writing/storytelling.  Same with the shows (though I enjoyed Loki and Ms. Marvel).  I've got hope for Deadpool 3.

I think they lost it in the 3rd (Ragnarok ) where they tried to turn him into a comedic clown and the movie was primarily comedy focused and not in a good but in a rather silly way. Throw in some terrible other character choices and some really awful writing and it made for a raging sewer pit fire IMHO
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:09:29 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 10:05:49 AM »
I pretty much quit on Marvel after Iron Man I or II. Don't recall which.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2024, 04:38:07 PM »
No Domino, I really liked her in the 2nd DP

Domino actress Zazie Beetz reveals she’s “not in” Deadpool 3: “I’m excited to watch”
https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/domino-actress-zazie-beetz-reveals-shes-not-in-deadpool-3-im-excited-to-watch-2177818/
- Calvin and Hobbes