Author Topic: Nice shootin, Tex  (Read 595 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Nice shootin, Tex
« on: October 04, 2022, 10:05:09 PM »
https://www.denverpost.com/2022/08/16/denver-police-lodo-shooting-video/amp/

Tl;DR: Denver police shoot at an armed suspect.  They get him ... and six bystanders.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Nice shootin, Tex
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:24:41 PM »
Confused. I thought police were such Jedis they could target specific parts of a person's body. Now you're telling me they sometimes miss the target completely?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 11:16:25 PM »
https://www.denverpost.com/2022/08/16/denver-police-lodo-shooting-video/amp/

Tl;DR: Denver police shoot at an armed suspect.  They get him ... and six bystanders.

Correction: The Popo shot an UNarmed suspect. The suspect threw away his gun before they shot him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 08:52:20 AM »
If his intent was to put the gun on the ground, IMO, that is a stupid move these days.  Cops see a gun at all they will probably shoot. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 12:45:21 PM »
Be sure of your backstop and what's behind it.  Unless you have a shiny badge, then Qualified Immunity applies, and screw the plebs.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 12:57:58 PM »
Correction: The Popo shot an UNarmed suspect. The suspect threw away his gun before they shot him.

I haven't watched the video in detail yet but my initial impression is that the guy still had the gun in his hand when the first cop that fired started the process of pulling the trigger triggered by the guy's motions which where stupid IMHO. By the time the gun left the guy's hand it was too late for the cop's brain to get a signal that there was a change of plans to his finger and it snow balled from there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes