Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard TORCHES Democrats in announcement about leaving the party  (Read 2857 times)

MechAg94

• friend
‘By, and for the powerful ELITE’: Tulsi Gabbard TORCHES Democrats in announcement about leaving the party and DAMN (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/11/by-and-for-the-powerful-elite-tulsi-gabbard-torches-democrats-in-announcement-about-leaving-the-party-and-damn-watch/
I heard about this.  This was the first link I saw.  I don't know what affect it will have.

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺
@TulsiGabbard
·
Follow
I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are…
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
Re: Tulsi Gabbard TORCHES Democrats in announcement about leaving the party
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 10:05:06 AM »
The majority of the media will downplay or suppress news of Tulsi's announcement.

I remember over the years I've had some pretty big differences of opinion with Tulsi, but she at least seemed to be sane, the kind of person I'd be able to converse with in a civilized manner if we ever met face to face. That's not the case with a LOT of other democrats.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 10:07:03 AM »
Does Tulsi still want to ban my guns?   :mad:

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

I will give her props for calling the democrats anti-white.

Most Republicans are too afraid to say that.

(I would still never vote for her, since she is anti-gun and pro-human abortion.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 10:38:41 AM »
The majority of the media will downplay or suppress news of Tulsi's announcement.

I remember over the years I've had some pretty big differences of opinion with Tulsi, but she at least seemed to be sane, the kind of person I'd be able to converse with in a civilized manner if we ever met face to face. That's not the case with a LOT of other democrats.

This is much my opinion of her. She is the dems before they went insane. I may never agree with her (or she with me) on many points, but in something like a presidential election, if my guy loses, who would I rather have in the WH - Her or Harris (or Hillary)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 12:51:29 PM »
I was trying to listen to her new podcast during lunch, but it is way too depressing:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5sdneemtS5yZNqiAnMFCW1?si=-pWFfjgWRRW-hb-7mKN1_Q&utm_source=copy-link
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
Meanwhile "She's a Russian" is trending on Twitter, and I don't even need to click it to know who they're crying about now.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 01:01:24 PM »
Meanwhile "She's a Russian" is trending on Twitter, and I don't even need to click it to know who they're crying about now.

I was unaware (or forgot) that apparently Hillary Clinton started that whole thing.

Hillary called Tulsi Gabbard a Russian Kompromat who Putin would run as a third party candidate to siphon votes
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 01:06:33 PM »
I was unaware (or forgot) that apparently Hillary Clinton started that whole thing.

I forgot, too. So risible, but I'm sure people believed it.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »
Tulsa Gabbard didn't kill herself.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 05:53:35 AM »
Listening to it now she’s pretty redpilled, including the 2A, and pissed the *expletive deleted*ck off
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2022, 09:41:12 AM »
Let's not forget she endorsed Biden and held many other questionable positions. Although she telling the simple plain truth is commendable (what was that quote about speaking the truth is bravery?), I believe she is also reading the creaks and groans of the hull and jumping ship like any rat would before anyone on the bridge would actually acknowledge the inevitable  :P The Democratic party is absolutely frigged. Barring MASSIVE voter fraud or nuclear war they are going to get erased in the midterms and beyond.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »
Barring MASSIVE voter fraud or nuclear war they are going to get erased in the midterms and beyond.

I don't believe that.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »
Barring MASSIVE voter fraud or nuclear war they are going to get erased in the midterms and beyond.

Midterms? Yeah, I think they'll go poorly for the dems but predicting much beyond that is foolish.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 10:30:40 AM »
A Fox poll (which you would expect to bias right) that I saw this morning seems to be currently predicting only a +4 majority for Rs in the House. Anything can happen in a month though.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 11:42:06 AM »
Is anyone else dreading seeing how poorly the GOP will squander their gains in Congress?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 01:40:33 PM »
Is anyone else dreading seeing how poorly the GOP will squander their gains in Congress?

That’s a funny way to spell Kevin McCarthy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 02:23:16 PM »
A Fox poll (which you would expect to bias right) that I saw this morning seems to be currently predicting only a +4 majority for Rs in the House. Anything can happen in a month though.

I suspect this is an accurate assessment.  I also think the Republicans will lose a seat or two in the Senate.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 03:23:15 PM »
With Tulsi Gabbard Out Of Democratic Party, Title Of Hottest Democrat Goes Back To Nancy Pelosi
https://babylonbee.com/news/with-tulsi-gabbard-out-of-democratic-party-title-of-hottest-democrat-goes-back-to-nancy-pelosi

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 04:04:28 PM »
I think you mistyped.  They won't squander their gains poorly.  They will do an OUTSTANDING job of squandering their gains.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2022, 04:45:52 PM »
I think you mistyped.  They won't squander their gains poorly.  They will do an OUTSTANDING job of squandering their gains.   =)
The GOP sort of reminds me of the "professional wrestler" that seemingly gains an advantage over his opponent, then instead of putting him away, turns his back and waves to the crowd, deliberately ignoring the shouted warnings that his opponent is getting up and about to clobber him. (Of course he ignores the warnings - that's the way it was rehearsed.)

In other words, a lot of it is just a show full of fakery.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2022, 05:26:15 PM »
The GOP sort of reminds me of the "professional wrestler" that seemingly gains an advantage over his opponent, then instead of putting him away, turns his back and waves to the crowd, deliberately ignoring the shouted warnings that his opponent is getting up and about to clobber him. (Of course he ignores the warnings - that's the way it was rehearsed.)

In other words, a lot of it is just a show full of fakery.

I believe "kayfabe" is the term you're looking for.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2022, 11:33:25 PM »
   My prediction:
 Tulsi joins libertarians meaning enough R's go over there and R's lose the presidential election - R's win midterm and promptly go to war/raise taxes/compromise on gun issues by red flagging everyone who doesn't like high taxes and biden wins second term
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 12:06:46 AM »
Does Tulsi still want to ban my guns?   :mad:

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

I will give her props for calling the democrats anti-white.

Most Republicans are too afraid to say that.

(I would still never vote for her, since she is anti-gun and pro-human abortion.)

I don't know about abortion, but if you go to about 7.30 in the following video, she's tweeted that she's getting ready to announce a volte-face on guns. How much of a change? We'll see.

https://news.aroutfitting.com/2022/10/06/why-is-anti-gun-tulsi-gabbard-shooting-an-ar-15/

Also, she's going to be campaigning for one of those spooky, MAGA Republicans running for office.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/10/12/it-begins-tulsi-gabbard-to-campaign-for-bolduc-in-new-hampshire-n502702

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 07:34:05 AM »
Sen Michael Bennet (D-CO) on Gun Control

Background checks work in Colorado, should work nationally
My state--which is a Western state, the Second Amendment state--passed the background checks that are waiting for Mitch McConnell to put on the floor. Every year, about 2 or 3% of the people that try to buy a gun in Colorado can't buy a gun; and they are murderers and they are domestic abusers and they are convicted felons of violent crimes. There is nobody who could defend any of those people having a firearm. If we can do it in Colorado, certainly, we could do it nationally.
Source: CBS Face the Nation interview for Democratic 2020 Veepstakes , Aug 11, 2019

Even coming from a "gun state," this bonehead Democrat doesn't (or didn't know what he is (or was) talking about.

There are many reasons for a denial not involving felonies or violent crimes.  I don't know if he's been told the truth by the DNC or not by now, 2022, but this snippet illustrates that these jerks are creating and touting legislation under faulty knowledge.

This brings me to my point that "Tulsi" was elected to represent her constituency, and her constituency (Hawaiians) is overwhelmingly ignorant of the Western principles involving liberty and self-determination.

I read a translation of the Second Amendment from Hawaiian back into English a while ago and it read "...of the people (militia) shall not be infringed."

Just like that, with "militia" falsely inserted in parenthesis.  This gives a totally different flavor to the meaning of the Second Amendment.

I have no doubt that "Tulsi" could well have, with all integrity, become more familiar with those principles of freedom and self-determination which would have been almost totally absent in her constituency.

I was active on the Hawaiian gun site for many years and figure I know what I'm talking about on Hawaiian attitudes.

See 2ahawaii.com

In any case, we should not be knocking someone who has so eloquently summarized our basic positions on so many "lib versus con" matters.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
Why are you putting her first name in quotations?