Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard TORCHES Democrats in announcement about leaving the party  (Read 2894 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Tulsi Gabbard TORCHES Democrats in announcement about leaving the party
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2022, 08:23:32 AM »
Double post, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:42:41 AM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2022, 08:33:09 AM »
(I would still never vote for her, since she is anti-gun and pro-human abortion.)

So who do you vote for in Presidential elections? No Republican candidate in my lifetime that has made it past the first month of primaries has ever been "anti-abortion". They have been either "don't ask, don't tell" (effectively pro-abortion) and avoiding the question, or "against abortion except in the case of X,Y, or Z", or "against abortion after X weeks".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2022, 08:41:55 AM »
Why are you putting her first name in quotations?

Is that all you've got to say about that post, dogmush?

Tulsi is a spice.

"Tulsi has many benefits for the body, mind, and spirit, offering support on both physical and subtle levels."

I just checked back with 2ahawaii.com and I'm still on it (as 230RN) after two-three years of not posting, so I had to log back in.  I tell ya true, no lie, I got sick of the... underlying, unstated, unrecognized 'statist' attitude of Hawaiians in general. The military folks there (temporarily) seem to be less... 'statist' than the general shooting community, but what got me frustrated was that so many folks on the gun board just kind of "went along" with so many... dare I use the word, even here?.... infringements. (Oh G-d, I feel like I just used one of those seven George Carlin words.)

As, I suppose, in conclusion, so did "Tulsi."

Terry, 230RN

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2022, 08:54:26 AM »
I

Is that all you've got to say about that post, dogmush?

I mean....yeah? 
It was a well written, cogent post, but I already knew about Hawaii's 2A "Community" and their lack of actually caring about guns.  I wasn't surprised by the Colorado (D)'s comments as I kinda think of Colorado as a state unfriendly to gun rights.  So I didn't really have anything to add to your writing on those topics.  I don't really care about Tulsi's political standings as she's unlikely to be in an election I can vote for or against her in.

Which left just my curiosity on why you used quotes around her given name to spark a comment.  No offense meant.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2022, 09:58:05 AM »
OK, thanks.  Gotcha.  Problem is we the gun people are not necesssarily aware that Hawaii is a really gun-negative cadre of people.  This has been attributed (by others) to the high percentage of Asian and other Pacific Islanders. King  Kamehameha the Great is still held in very high regard by many out there. 

It has been said by Marshall McLuhan that Colorado and California are the political harbingers of the future, so look out, flyover states.  Right now, as someone noted, Colorado is in a three-way headlock on liberal governance.  You ought to hear the misleading and outright false stuff being put out by Dem candidates right now.  They've appropriated the "extremist" label and they can't mention "republicans" without using that extremist label.

They started campaigning early, I guess on the "first impressions count" premise and to put Republicans on the defensive, having to justify stuff that's really 50-50 to the public.  Well played, I must say.  But they are, after all, the better players.

Yeah, watch out, flyover states.  Who's next?

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:12:45 AM by 230RN »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2022, 11:24:25 AM »
So who do you vote for in Presidential elections?

Good question.  I don't have a good answer.

Trump, as squishy as he is on abortion managed to appoint three judges that voted to overturn Roe.  I never thought that would happen.  Correct me if I am wrong, but a GOP majority court gave us Roe... and every Republican President since (except the monster Trump!) has appointed at least one pro-Roe justice. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »
OK, thanks.  Gotcha.  Problem is we the gun people are not necesssarily aware that Hawaii is a really gun-negative cadre of people.

We're not? I must not have gotten the memo. I thought pretty much all "gun" people were aware of just how 2A-unfriendly Hawaii is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »
We're not? I must not have gotten the memo. I thought pretty much all "gun" people were aware of just how 2A-unfriendly Hawaii is.

The point was that she was being chastised for possible previous anti g stances when this was quite probably due to (A) the anti mileau in which she lived and (B) the fact that she had that sort of a constituency to serve / represent / "pander" to. So now, apparently free of that burden and that anti influence and can think and speak on her own instead of with DNC influence, she actually got a rush of brains to the head. 

Why are you challenging that?

Here's the memo, short form:

Hawaii is notoriously statist hence anti gun.

She served an electorate which was notoriously statist hence anti gun.

She no longer serves that group of statists.

She now can think for herself and can speak as a conservative.  Very eloquently, I might add.

Now it's not impossible that she sensed a sea change from blue to red in the country as a whole and is lying through her teeth with a view toward running for something as a republican.

But if she can spout our message that well, that's ju-u-ust fine with me.

Terry, 230RN

P.S.  I quote myself, "...not necessarily aware."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:56:24 PM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2022, 08:27:51 PM »
People CAN change - I mean, Reagan started out as a democrat, and he ended up generally OK.

I'm willing to consider the assertion that Tulsi has changed her mind on some things, but I'm not going to buy in fully until I see what she actually does going forward. ("Trust but verify.")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2022, 09:05:04 AM »
People CAN change - I mean, Reagan started out as a democrat, and he ended up generally OK.

I'm willing to consider the assertion that Tulsi has changed her mind on some things, but I'm not going to buy in fully until I see what she actually does going forward. ("Trust but verify.")

This is a good way to look at her for the time being.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2022, 09:57:58 AM »
Let's not forget she was representing a bunch of antigun superstatist mindlocked people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2022, 10:38:28 AM »
I watched what looks to be the first podcast of her new show, and it appears she's looking to do the same kind of thing Ross Perot, Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and even Teddy Roosevelt for his third term attempt tried to do, and that is give some oomph to a third party. I don't know if that means she's looking at a presidential run, or hoping to generally make an impact for a viable third party.

It seems there is a push again for that from both left and right, moreso than normal. Just look at what happened to AOC a few days ago. Also, it appears Oregon has a very viable third party candidate for Governor. A former democrat who appears to be quite pro 2nd Amendment, and seems to be gaining quite a bit of conservative support. The dems there seem worried that she's going to pull a Ross Perot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2022, 10:50:05 AM »
Let's not forget she was representing a bunch of antigun superstatist mindlocked people.
Good point - elected officials always reliably represent the people in their districts.  ;)

I watched what looks to be the first podcast of her new show, and it appears she's looking to do the same kind of thing Ross Perot, Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and even Teddy Roosevelt for his third term attempt tried to do, and that is give some oomph to a third party.  . . .
I really hope that should a third party emerge, it's extremely leftist so it siphons more votes from the D's than the R's. After all, Perot was somewhat conservative, and is the reason we got Clinton. Twice. But it was lefty Nader and the Green Party that helped keep Gore out of office.  If Tulsi throws her weight behind a somewhat conservative third party, we'll be able to see that she's still a democrat at heart, and is simply trying to ensure a D win.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2022, 01:07:50 PM »
Good point - elected officials always reliably represent the people in their districts.  ;)

I think the point is that she couldn't have been elected in Hawaii, if she had openly supported gun rights.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2022, 01:22:06 PM »
^, ^
Sarcasm noted, Hank B.  :roffle:

But she was not elected by the people of Midcity, Midstate, U.S.A.  And thank you, Perd.

I was concerned about a possible Conservative Dilution Party  (and still am) but there's this angle:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tulsi-gabbard-favored-over-mike-pence-to-win-2024-gop-nomination-e2-80-94bookmakers/ar-AA12UBbi

"Tulsi Gabbard has overtaken former Vice President Mike Pence as third favorite to win the Republican nomination for the 2024 election after leaving the Democratic Party, bookmakers have said."

And considering Trump's age and the possibility of gathering the "finally, a woman for president" vote, it's something to rub one's chin about.  (Was she born on U.S. soil?)

Terry "Doesn't bet on unsure things,but seizes gleefully on positive conservative conjecture," 230RN
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:46:48 PM by 230RN »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2022, 04:03:06 PM »
Perot was anti-gun, and pro-abortion and pro socialized medicine. 

Tulsi appears to still be pro-abortion and pro-socialized medicine.

Maybe no longer anti-gun, we will see.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2022, 05:47:37 PM »
. . . Was she born on U.S. soil? . . .

Wikipedia says "Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, Maʻopūtasi County, on American Samoa's main island of Tutuila"

I think a U.S. territory qualifies as U.S. soil.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2022, 10:57:06 AM »
Wikipedia says "Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, Maʻopūtasi County, on American Samoa's main island of Tutuila"

I think a U.S. territory qualifies as U.S. soil.

Thanks.  I checked out Wiki on her place of birth, but I'm still not sure about her Constitutional qualifications. 

I'm just being wary of another Obama "citizenship" brou-ha-ha, as with amended birth certificates.  It would be good to get that firmly settled before going further with possible Vice-Presidential candidacy.

Actually, I'd almost rather see her as Speaker of the House, but that's pretty remote at this point unless she moves to another State or something.

Positions?  I've been voting for over six decades and I have never agreed completely with any candidate's positions.

Just cloud-watching is all.  Oh, see? That one looks like an elephant!

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 11:19:55 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »
(Was she born on U.S. soil?)

The Constitution doesn't demand that presidents be born in the US. They just have to be born as citizens.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
Remember some dems making a fuss during the 08 election over the fact McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2022, 02:23:51 PM »
Remember some dems making a fuss during the 08 election over the fact McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

Strangely, that was not considered racist.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2022, 09:36:37 AM »
Thanks.  I checked out Wiki on her place of birth, but I'm still not sure about her Constitutional qualifications. 

I'm just being wary of another Obama "citizenship" brou-ha-ha, as with amended birth certificates.  It would be good to get that firmly settled before going further with possible Vice-Presidential candidacy.

Actually, I'd almost rather see her as Speaker of the House, but that's pretty remote at this point unless she moves to another State or something.

Positions?  I've been voting for over six decades and I have never agreed completely with any candidate's positions.

Just cloud-watching is all.  Oh, see? That one looks like an elephant!

Terry, 230RN
Agree with that.  Some I thought I agreed with but realized later it was far less than I thought. 

If they are at least pro-American and not communists, I think I can work with that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2022, 10:07:18 AM »
The point was that she was being chastised for possible previous anti g stances when this was quite probably due to (A) the anti mileau in which she lived and (B) the fact that she had that sort of a constituency to serve / represent / "pander" to. So now, apparently free of that burden and that anti influence and can think and speak on her own instead of with DNC influence, she actually got a rush of brains to the head. 

Why are you challenging that?

I challenged nothing you said about Ms. Gabbard. The statement I questioned was this one:

Problem is we the gun people are not necesssarily aware that Hawaii is a really gun-negative cadre of people.

I certainly don't know all "gun people," but I do know a fair number -- and all of those whom I know are well aware that Hawaii is even less gun-friendly and 2A-friendly than New York, Massachusetts, or New Jersey.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2022, 12:22:40 PM »
I certainly don't know all "gun people," but I do know a fair number -- and all of those whom I know are well aware that Hawaii is even less gun-friendly and 2A-friendly than New York, Massachusetts, or New Jersey.

I've never heard that Hawaii was worse than any of the continental anti-gun states.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2022, 12:37:12 PM »
Agree with that.  Some I thought I agreed with but realized later it was far less than I thought. 

If they are at least pro-American and not communists, I think I can work with that. 

Trouble is, you're talking like an extremist... at least according to the Dem ads on TV.  Because Communism is the new middle of the road. As has been planned for a long time, and accomplished with the use of whatchamacallem... "useful idiots?"

"Create chaos, 'solve' it with Communism."

And those idiots cannot see through that strategy.

Worse than... better than?

Relative statements.

They're all the same.  Anti firearms.

It's just that when anyone lists anti-gun states, Hawaii is not mentioned very often, but where you have to bring new guns down to the PD for registration, that's plenty for me to say "Tulsi" comes from an anti-gun environment.

Which was the basis for my observations.

Oh, boy!  Maui just issued its first concealed carry permit.  Yay!

The first, mind you.

I'm not going to "defend" that Hawaii remark any more, Hawkmoon, so have at it.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 01:06:23 PM by 230RN »