Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11661 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2022, 03:11:29 PM »
NV went red with 80% in
49.9 vs 47.2

Getting conflicting reports on just how red or blue the areas left are.

... and right on cue:
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/09/nevada-election-officials-flooded-by-thousands-of-mail-in-ballots-so-final-tally-will-take-a-while/

(ETA: according to Politico https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/nevada/senate/  Laxalt is leading in every NV county except Clark)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2022, 03:14:40 PM »
Yeah, whole time I was watching that race I was wondering how much he was pulling from either Walker or Warnock.

Oregon gov race looks close enough (last I checked) that the third party candidate lost it for either the D or the R. Though they're calling it for the D.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2022, 05:25:30 PM »
At this writing (about 4:25 PM CST) with 73% of the vote in, Kari Lake is 4750 (0.2%) behind Hobbs. At 68%, she was about 20k behind.

Trend is encouraging, slow vote count is not.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2022, 05:41:19 PM »
At this writing (about 4:25 PM CST) with 73% of the vote in, Kari Lake is 4750 (0.2%) behind Hobbs. At 68%, she was about 20k behind.

Trend is encouraging, slow vote count is not.

That would be great.

Still, Lake was putting herself out there talking to everyone, even "the enemy", always making herself available for interviews and answering hard questions. Lots of rallies full of people. Hobbs had a few empty press conferences and hid in a bunker like a Biden, and it's this close.

It's just really similar to Trump/Biden, with tons of enthusiasm and packed rallies for Trump, who was out there taking the questions, while Biden hid, but Biden got the most votes in the history of the universe. It really makes you think that something is rotten in Denmark the system.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2022, 05:42:55 PM »
Also, Dow down 650. I expect that "they" expect more inflation and bad economic news with a weak R majority.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2022, 05:49:15 PM »
Oregon's Measure 114, which might be the worst gun control in the country outside of NY, is currently at 50.68% yes, 49.32% no. With ~85% of the votes counted. I'm a little worried for our Oregon members.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2022, 05:52:50 PM »
Also, I was just poking around the election results sites, and as of now, CA only has 42% of their votes counted. No other state is even close to that far behind. I guess counting those 10 million illegal alien votes along with the rest really does take some time.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2022, 06:04:48 PM »
Oregon's Measure 114, which might be the worst gun control in the country outside of NY, is currently at 50.68% yes, 49.32% no. With ~85% of the votes counted. I'm a little worried for our Oregon members.

If it passes, I see it being challenged immediately. The Bruen decision has been a godsend in that respect.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2022, 06:05:07 PM »
Here's something odd.  My FlightAware ADS-B receiver detected only about a third of the normal number of commercial flights today after 0800.  Huge dip in flight and position counts compared to each of the previous seven days.  Things didn't return to normal levels until about 1400 EST.
It wasn't a system problem, it was an actual decline in flights through the area during the listed time span.  MLAT counts from nearby receivers were off, too, confirming it wasn't a local system problem.
I've been seeing between 2800 and 3300 flights pass within a 200 nm radius of my location on a typical day.  I'll still see around 2750 flights today, given how things picked up around 1400, but that kind of a recovery is odd in itself.
Was it related to the election somehow?  Probably not, but who knows, really?  But it certainly was an odd, atypical occurrence.  I don't remember this happening during the 2020 election.  And it's not happened before unless there was a system problem of some kind.

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »
... and right on cue:
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/09/nevada-election-officials-flooded-by-thousands-of-mail-in-ballots-so-final-tally-will-take-a-while/

(ETA: according to Politico https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/nevada/senate/  Laxalt is leading in every NV county except Clark)

Nevada election official says it could take until November 18 to finalize results
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/09/nevada-election-official-says-it-could-take-until-november-18-to-finalize-results/

All comes down to outstanding Clark County mail-in ballots — yet to be counted. If they are higher than 100,000, then Cortez Masto likely would benefit. If they number less than 70,000, Laxalt could keep his lead and win, according to @RalstonReports

— Susan Crabtree (@susancrabtree) November 9, 2022
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2022, 06:36:08 PM »
Republican Party Staves Off Red Wave
https://babylonbee.com/news/republican-party-staves-off-red-wave

"This was a close call," said one Republican leader in Washington. "We were worried that we would achieve massive victories tonight, but we thankfully snatched defeat from the jaws of victory to achieve a much more proper and sensible red trickle, like the proper gentlemen we are."

At publishing time, Republican strategists were researching ways to keep their power in D.C. without achieving so much power that they'd actually have to become compelling leaders.
=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2022, 06:47:46 PM »
Americans are not only Stupid, but we're done. [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2022, 06:49:44 PM »
I don’t know whether to be amazed at unprovable fraud or the stupidity of the voters. Why not both? Shouldn’t be close.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2022, 07:37:43 PM »
Americans are not only Stupid, but we're done. [popcorn]

Not so.  This is only the end of whatever you want to call the current malaise.  The future belongs to whichever side has the will to make *expletive deleted*it happen.  The republicans are not and haven't been the answer for a long time.  We're into Edmond Burke territory,  and if the "good men"  aren't up to it, we deserve whatever the *expletive deleted*ing Communists have in store for us.

To quote a better man than I,  " local, local, local".   Sit on your hands at your peril.  We've got work to do.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2022, 09:28:29 PM »
Well this is interesting. The D was way ahead of Boebert until late today. Now it's down to 73 votes.

Adam Frisch DEM   155,579   50.01%
Lauren Boebert GOP*   155,506   49.99%
* = IncumbentVotes in: Estimated 93%

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2022, 08:43:06 AM »
And now the Dow is up nearly 800 pre-market this morning, so maybe the markets will be a wash in all this, at least in the near term.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2022, 10:24:17 AM »
I've seen a couple of articles from right-leaning authors, talking about the electoral performance of Trump/MAGA vs "normal" Republican pols. Which makes me wonder if I got in a time machine, and went back 6 years. In 2022, the Trump/MAGA are the normal Republicans. Ask Liz Cheney.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2022, 11:04:56 AM »
The nation's 4 worst governors (Hochul, Wittmer, Pritzker, and Newsom) were re-elected. I no longer feel sorry for the people of NY, MI, IL and CA.

I remember Pritzker of IL put "two in a boat" covid restrictions in place for recreational boating in Illinois. When questioned about (for example) a family of five - two parents and three young children all from the same household - he said no more than 2 of those 5 family members could be in the same boat. Covid, you know. Shows you what kind of jackass that fat ***k is.

Wasting no time after getting reelected he's pushing a "assault" weapons ban in IL. Maybe as early as next week.

Less Than 24 Hours After His Re-Election...2A Ban On Deck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofSHYKTYl9A

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2022, 11:39:16 AM »
That scumbag Gerry Connolly just sent me a "thank you" e-mail and noted that the Democratic party is on track to have one of the best mid-term election results in history.

He's right.

This is just beyond my comprehension.

The economy and crime were supposedly the two biggest litmus tests for Americans in polling.

I guess it's another case of the polls not reaching the people who were swinging the damned vote.

Anyone catch Biden screeching NO MORE DRILLING! while at an event for Hochul in New York?

Buckle up, America, you think you're over a tank now? Just wait to Biden gives away every last energy weapon we have at our disposal.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
. . . Buckle up, America, you think you're over a tank now? Just wait to Biden gives away every last energy weapon we have at our disposal.
Oh, I don't think he's giving them away.

Getting so many policy decisions wrong - making more bad decisions than he would if he were governing by coin flip - indicates to me that he's either corrupt or compromised. Most likely some combination of both.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2022, 04:05:10 PM »
Boebert has pulled ahead by a smidge, now at 50.1% and up by 794 votes with 98% reporting.

Brad

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2022, 04:14:43 PM »
I predict the battle shitshow between left leaning hairless apes and right leaning hairless apes to continue.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2022, 04:28:40 PM »
Boebert has pulled ahead by a smidge, now at 50.1% and up by 794 votes with 98% reporting.

IT'S A LANDSLIDE!!

(I find Politico's figures a bit weird.  This morning, they reported "99% in" with Frisch nursing a slight lead.  Now it's 98% with Boebert slightly ahead.  Huh?)
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »
https://idahonews.com/news/local/jerome-county-amending-unofficial-election-night-results#

BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — What initially appeared to be a Democratic win in the Idaho House has turned into a Republican victory after a glitch in reporting early voting was corrected in south-central Idaho, a state election official said Thursday.

A "glitch", huh?  Suuuuuure.

- Barack Obama