Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11323 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Post your mid-term updates
« on: October 11, 2022, 09:41:49 PM »
Kari Lake had a good day on the trail.

https://youtu.be/zRPKB9Xf5TE?t=93

That red wave may still be on the horizon, even if it's not a tsunami.
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-red-wave-gathers/?utm_source=blog-landing&utm_medium=desktop&utm_campaign=continue-reading

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/10/11/allan-fung-has-a-real-shot-at-flipping-a-blue-house-seat-in-rhode-island-n502625
Allan Fung has a real shot at flipping a blue House seat in Rhode Island

Even Big Media is admitting that Fetterman is having serious problems.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/10/11/fetterman-ive-recovered-pretty-well-now-nbc-er-no-hes-not-n502563

But back to Arizona:

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-katie-hobbs-who-wont-debate-kari-lake-says-i-dont-want-to-talk-politics-to-anyone-i-dont-know
The Veritas journalist asks, "Would Katie [Hobbs] support something like an assault weapons ban?" to which Wolf says, "If she could, yeah. ...."

Wolf was later heard in a car saying Hobbs is protected by an AR-15 between campaign stops.

Veritas' video features Hobbs expressing extreme discomfort when asked by an Uber driver what she does for a living, saying "I was like, ‘Uh, I work for a campaign.’ I don’t know why I said that -- I just didn’t want to have this conversation. And he’s like, ‘Oh, Kari Lake?’ And I was like, ‘F**k no!’ I don’t want to talk to you. I don’t want to talk politics to anyone who I don’t know."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 09:58:20 PM »
Well I haven't gotten the results back yet, but the midterm was yesterday and it wasn't too hard.  I'm feeling a 95%.

...Oh wait, politics?  Eww.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 11:39:57 PM »
Supposedly Patty Murray (D senator in WA) is in a tight race with Tiffany Smiley.  Lastest polls have it down to 2-3 points.  There hasn’t been a statewide Republican election winner in WA in a very long time.  But, we went 100% vote by mail at least 15 years ago, so I have little doubt they’ll find all the Murray votes they need in Seattle one way or another.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 07:12:03 AM »
But, we went 100% vote by mail at least 15 years ago, so I have little doubt they’ll find all the Murray votes they need in Seattle one way or another.

In other words the votes are picked up, handled, and then delivered by a company/govt agency/whatever that's controlled by a union openly hostile to any candidate with an R next to their name.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 07:11:16 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
We'll see how many "lost" ballots they can fit into that station wagon.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 01:48:38 PM »
We'll see how many "lost" ballots they can fit into that station wagon.
Only as many as they need, WLJ, only as many as they need.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 01:49:50 PM »
Only as many as they need, WLJ, only as many as they need.

Exactly. They're not extremists, like those filthy Republicans.

Perd Hapley

• friend

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 09:02:50 PM »
Based on the Congressional TV ads in the Seattle area, the upcoming election is two issues only: abortion and inflation. No ads about guns, foreign policy, immigration or anything else. Are people seeing anything different in your areas?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 09:15:08 PM »
As of 10-11-2022, five thirty eight has Murray at 50.4% and Smiley at 40.6% for the Washington senate race. Murray is very popular in metropolitan Puget Sound and that is the region who decides statewide races in Washington.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 09:15:50 PM »
Based on the Congressional TV ads in the Seattle area, the upcoming election is two issues only: abortion and inflation. No ads about guns, foreign policy, immigration or anything else. Are people seeing anything different in your areas?

I'm only seeing Youtube ads, having cut out advertising from just about every facet of my life other than that.  But I see a lot of hammering against Blake Masters here over his dislike of abortion, his stance against Federal Agents of just about any type, his support for "extreme" gun rights, and dislike of the Patriot Act.

Sounds like a pretty decent guy.  I'd buy him a beer.  Still not gonna vote for him, or anyone else, though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 09:27:28 PM »
I've also only seen youtube ads, but here in Idaho the senate incumbent message seems to be Brandon and his ties to inflation and the border (we apparently have a big fentanyl problem here via the border).

No dems here have a chance in hell of winning, or even making a respectable showing, so there are really no lefty hot button issues being brought up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 10:42:06 PM »
I've also only seen youtube ads, but here in Idaho the senate incumbent message seems to be Brandon and his ties to inflation and the border (we apparently have a big fentanyl problem here via the border).

No dems here have a chance in hell of winning, or even making a respectable showing, so there are really no lefty hot button issues being brought up.

About the opposite here.  I wish SWMBO was willing to move.  Maybe once her extended family starts dying off, if we have kids (especially ones generating plenty of grandkids) in red states she’ll be more open to such a move.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 01:45:17 PM »
Every time you think they can't get lower...

Wasn't Barnes caught lying about who endorsed him, and about his position on law enforcement?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2022, 03:02:33 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/15/us/politics/kotek-drazan-oregon-governor.html

It would be astonishing if Oregon elected a Republican governor.  There is a real chance they may do so.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2022, 06:56:47 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/15/us/politics/kotek-drazan-oregon-governor.html

It would be astonishing if Oregon elected a Republican governor.  There is a real chance they may do so.

Oregon is 100% vote by mail.  Any election to an office of consequence will go to the Democrat.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 07:11:25 PM »
Well, I'm carrying an 86% in economics and a 95% in world history, but geometry is pulling me down with a 74%.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 09:31:23 PM »
Here in Ohio, we have a Senate fight for an open seat, JD Vance (R) vs. Tim Ryan (D).  Tim Ryan is running a campaign holding himself out as a centrist, even touting his support for some Trump trade policies while in the House.  The Dems are going after Vance based on his beinga rich dude who left Ohio to start a business in California that failed, so he crawled back to Ohio.  Vance is touting his being a Marine vet and a Trump Republican, going after Ryan as a Pelosi/Schumer supporter.

Polls show it being a dead heat.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 04:55:38 PM »
So we now have reason to believe the stroke victim running for the Senate is being run by his wife. Rolling Stone tried to defend her for her unhinged attack on a reporter, but let slip that she's the "de facto candidate." Also, some tweets surfaced, where she brags about being "the brains of the operation."

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/15/journalist-rushes-to-delete-inconvenient-truth-about-john-fetterman-and-his-wife-n643528

IOW, John Fetterman is Democrat presidential material.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 10:38:52 AM by Perd Hapley »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2022, 08:42:28 AM »
What the heck is that HUGE lump on the back of Fetterman's Fetterwoman's neck on the right side? Tumor? Lipoma? Cyst?

Win or lose, I'm half expecting him to turn up on the Dr. Pimple Popper TV show sometime after the election.

He is not a well man, and is clearly not up to the rigors of being a U.S. Senator. (There are others in office who are also not up to it for health reasons . . . which is part of the explanation for why we have so many unsolved problems.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2022, 08:54:42 AM »
What the heck is that HUGE lump on the back of Fetterman's Fetterwoman's neck on the right side? Tumor? Lipoma? Cyst?

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2022, 09:09:35 AM »
WATCH: Pres. Joe Biden arrives in Orange County, California and receives a “Let’s Go Brandon” welcome from Trump supporters
https://twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1581677929465262080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1581677929465262080%7Ctwgr%5Ec2013b75a8068e99dda67e8d5d830efd955b2830%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsaltmustflow.com%2Fpureblood-chucks-a-covid-zombie%2F

In California.  Some bad language in the background.  Not all white people either as some would have you think.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2022, 10:40:59 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/

If the “red wave” washes out a lot of Democrats in November, there will be a lot of justified finger-pointing at the president, and recriminations about whether the “Inflation Reduction Act” would be more accurately called the “Democrat Reduction Act.”

From his lips keyboard to God's ears feed.