Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11304 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2022, 11:17:02 AM »
This is interesting... Over the past couple of weeks the e-mails I've been getting from the Dems have taken on a considerably different tone...

They've started to sound almost desperate, and several have mentioned tightening poll numbers and significant drops in donations to their campaigns. A couple have even mentioned failing to hit targets in their most recent donation drives. I can't recall ever seeing Dem e-mails saying that before, and certainly not from multiple candidates.

Tim Ryan said his most recent income drive fell quite flat.

Elaine Luria is saying that she's having to come off the campaign trail and things are pointing to a steep drop in income.

Mark Kelly is sounding a similar tone.

These aren't the general "please give money so that we can keep the unborn infant death toll staggeringly high and pay for little Timmy's degree in underwater basket weaving because colleges and college loans are predatory," a lot of them are taking on a tone of desperation I've not seen in campaign literature before.

I like that trend.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2022, 11:51:25 AM »
Hoping it's a good sign they're already placing blame

Hint: OPEC

NY Mag gives Democrats a blame game assist for possible midterm wipeout (Hint: NOT the Dems’ fault)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/17/ny-mag-gives-democrats-a-blame-game-assist-for-possible-midterm-wipeout-hint-not-the-dems-fault/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2022, 07:54:41 AM »
Great... I just got an e-mail from Ken Burns the documentary guy.

Now he's stumping for Mark Kelly and begging me to give money to be split between him and some other ahole.

Shove your Civil War up your ass until it comes out your 9th inning.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2022, 09:25:20 AM »
Be interesting to see IF the GOP does win big if many dems try to give the appearance of moving to the real world middle of the political spectrum afterwards for 2024.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »
CNBC poll saying that the GOP is leading big on economic issues in the polls.

Hopefully that will translate into wins come election day.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/20/gop-holds-big-leads-on-key-economic-issues-ahead-of-the-november-elections-cnbc-survey-shows.html

Interesting to note that Biden's approval ratings have gone up, but mainly because "While they were the president’s best numbers since 2021, the improvement came largely from increased Democratic support. Approval by independents on the economy remained unchanged from the prior poll at just 25%."

But, according to the email I got from that reprehensible cocksplat Gary Peters in Michigan -- "Joe's approval ratings are SURGING!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »

But, according to the email I got from that reprehensible cocksplat Gary Peters in Michigan -- "Joe's approval ratings are SURGING!"

And every time I fart there's a hurricane
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2022, 09:47:20 AM »
Be interesting to see IF the GOP does win big if many dems try to give the appearance of moving to the real world middle of the political spectrum afterwards for 2024.

It'll be real interesting to see IF the Repubs win big how quickly "Election Denier" becomes a virtuous position that upholds Democracy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2022, 09:51:57 AM »
Hoping it's a good sign they're already placing blame

Hint: OPEC

NY Mag gives Democrats a blame game assist for possible midterm wipeout (Hint: NOT the Dems’ fault)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/17/ny-mag-gives-democrats-a-blame-game-assist-for-possible-midterm-wipeout-hint-not-the-dems-fault/
Why would they help Biden when the Democrats are back negotiating with Iran?  There is no consistent foreign policy with this administration beyond graft.  Makes me almost miss Hilary Clinton and her reset button.  At least she was just a self serving idiot.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2022, 09:52:57 AM »
It'll be real interesting to see IF the Repubs win big how quickly "Election Denier" becomes a virtuous position that upholds Democracy.

Already is. Stacey Abrams.

According to MSNBC, she hasn't denied the outcome of the Georgia Governor's election, she has shown a spotlight on the right's repression of voting rights of... someone!

That's noble! That's incredible! That's wonderful!

I wonder what they're going to say this time around when she loses again, especially given early voting numbers are showing HUGE increases in participation of the groups that she claims the right has completely cut out of the electoral process.

Must be her noble efforts have overwhelmed the evil whitey righty.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »

According to MSNBC, she hasn't denied the outcome of the Georgia Governor's election, she has shown a spotlight on the right's repression of voting rights of... someone!

That's noble! That's incredible! That's wonderful!

I wonder what they're going to say this time around when she loses again, especially given early voting numbers are showing HUGE increases in participation of the groups that she claims the right has completely cut out of the electoral process.

Must be her noble efforts have overwhelmed the evil whitey righty.

I was going to say already been. She and some others have never stopped.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2022, 09:59:00 AM »

Georgia just had record turnout of mail-in ballots with their new "repressive" voting laws, and she's at the forefront of yelling about the voter repression (with lots of help from MSNBC).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2022, 10:15:01 AM »
Georgia just had record turnout of mail-in ballots with their new "repressive" voting laws, and she's at the forefront of yelling about the voter repression (with lots of help from MSNBC).

Uhm... yeah. I said that. Pretty much exactly that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2022, 10:23:20 AM »
They only stopped talking about the stolen election of 2016 to talk about the perfectly legal and correct election of 2020 then the Jan 6 nonsense.  I am sure they will shift gears within hours if this election doesn't go their way.  The activists on that side have no shame and don't care at all if what they say today contradicts what they said yesterday. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2022, 10:31:07 AM »
  I am sure they will shift gears within hours if this election doesn't go their way.  The activists on that side have no shame and don't care at all if what they say today contradicts what they said yesterday.

And the sheep happily and without question herd in whatever direction they're told to
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2022, 10:32:11 AM »
Uhm... yeah. I said that. Pretty much exactly that.

I don't pay attention to dead guys...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2022, 10:36:05 AM »
I don't pay attention to dead guys...

Do they have to dead first?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 11:12:08 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2022, 10:52:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0EciGI6KCc
Polls Predict Red Wave After Women Flip By 32 Points To GOP
Timcast IRL

Had trouble finding this earlier.  Just for consideration.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »
Timcast IRL

What is a woman?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »
Timcast IRL

Those numbers mean nothing considering that there are 59% fewer women in existence than there were in 2016.  Those missing women are now trans-men.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 01:57:53 PM »
"Are we secretly laughing because we know Republicans aren't going to do anything if they are elected?"

Holy crap, truer words have never been spoken.

I'm STILL furious that Republicans spent almost a decade screeching about Obamacare and when they finally regained the ability, they not only dropped the ball, they tripped over it, face planted AND *expletive deleted*it their pants.  :mad:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2022, 02:02:19 PM »
"Are we secretly laughing because we know Republicans aren't going to do anything if they are elected?"

Holy crap, truer words have never been spoken.

I'm STILL furious that Republicans spent almost a decade screeching about Obamacare and when they finally regained the ability, they not only dropped the ball, they tripped over it, face planted AND *expletive deleted*it their pants.  :mad:

They're conservatives which means they believe in tradition
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »
Yes.  The GOP in Congress will do absolutely nothing meaningfully conservative.  Just like (almost) always.

Are they going to win the House and / or the Senate?  What difference is it going to make?  They aren't going to pass any laws that I really care about.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2022, 02:35:27 PM »
Yes.  The GOP in Congress will do absolutely nothing meaningfully conservative.  Just like (almost) always.

Are they going to win the House and / or the Senate?  What difference is it going to make?  They aren't going to pass any laws that I really care about.

Or repeal any
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »
So we now have reason to believe the stroke victim running for the Senate is being run by his wife. Rolling Stone tried to defend her for her unhinged attack on a reporter, but let slip that she's the "de facto candidate." Also, some tweets surfaced, where she brags about being "the brains of the operation."

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/15/journalist-rushes-to-delete-inconvenient-truth-about-john-fetterman-and-his-wife-n643528

IOW, John Fetterman is Democrat presidential material.

About that

Seung Min Kim
@seungminkim
·
Follow
Biden, in Pittsburgh, to @giselefetterman:

"Gisele, you’re going to be a great, great lady in the Senate."
1:44 PM · Oct 20, 2022

The Rolling Stone reporter who deleted a tweet calling Gisele Fetterman the “de facto candidate” was apparently right all along.

Whoops! Biden just said the quiet part out loud to Gisele Fetterman
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/20/whoops-biden-just-said-the-quiet-part-out-loud-to-gisele-fetterman/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2022, 09:06:35 PM »
Mehmet Oz Now Running Neck And Neck And Neck With John Fetterman
https://babylonbee.com/news/mehmet-oz-now-running-neck-and-neck-and-neck-with-john-fetterman