Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11294 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2022, 08:48:44 PM »
I voted early today.  They had a new procedure here involving paper print outs.  I don't know if it is required by newer voting laws or something they just did locally. 

1.  They gave me a slip with a 5 digit code to punch in as well as a blank sheet of paper (with a header). 
2.  At the electronic voting machine, you insert the paper in the feeder. 
3.  Punch in your number code and vote electronically like they have been doing it for years here (all touch screen now). 
4.  Once done, the voting machine prints your votes out on the paper.  I could read the votes.  I should have taken a photo as I don't remember if there were bar codes or other marks. 
5.  You then take the paper to feed into a final scanner which reads and records your vote.  It keeps the paper. 

Not sure how this will work on busier days, but I like the idea that they keep a paper record of votes.  Makes it a lot easier to audit the numbers later. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »
So I'm pretty sure election tampering like this would demand calls for impeachment if it was a Republican president manipulating things behind the scenes (and consulting dems in congress about it):

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/26/thought-they-had-a-secret-deal-this-would-explain-why-the-biden-wh-was-so-ticked-off-at-the-saudis/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2022, 04:54:35 PM »
So I'm pretty sure election tampering like this would demand calls for impeachment if it was a Republican president manipulating things behind the scenes (and consulting dems in congress about it):

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/26/thought-they-had-a-secret-deal-this-would-explain-why-the-biden-wh-was-so-ticked-off-at-the-saudis/

Yeah, I asked that question of all of my Biden puffing Facebook friends the other week when it first came out that he was on his knees begging the Saudis to hold off so as to take some pressure off liberals.

Ask them some very pointed questions why would be considered collusion to affect the outcome of an election... you know, actual collusion, not the fantasy lies dreamed up by Democrats to get Trump.

As them repeatedly to explain it to me.

Not one of those *expletive deleted*ing cowards responded.

Gee, I wonder why.

Reason 274,928,923 why I hate liberals.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2022, 04:56:22 PM »
They're already claiming voter suppression in GA
More than likely means they know they've likely going to lose

And people are laughing at them because turn out has surged in virtually every demographic, including the suppressed, repressed, and oppressed GKDPUIOHD+123987 POC, POC+ POC++ and Super POC communities.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:35:54 AM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2022, 08:58:18 PM »
Did you know black people are denied the right to vote? With record turn out it must be true!

MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan asks if the 2024 election will be free and fair if black people are denied the right to vote
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/26/msnbcs-mehdi-hasan-asks-if-the-2024-election-will-be-free-and-fair-if-black-people-are-denied-the-right-to-vote/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2022, 09:56:49 PM »
Did you know black people are denied the right to vote? With record turn out it must be true!

MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan asks if the 2024 election will be free and fair if black people are denied the right to vote
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/26/msnbcs-mehdi-hasan-asks-if-the-2024-election-will-be-free-and-fair-if-black-people-are-denied-the-right-to-vote/

Obviously, if Republicans win the midterms, we'll enact the Secret Plan. The one where Donald Trump and Mike Pence (and Putin, natch) install Mitt Romney as Lord Chancellor. And as foretold by the Prophet Joe, he puts them back in chains.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2022, 03:05:15 PM »
This here tickled my giggler.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/27/katie-hobbs-wrecked-for-blaming-kari-lake-and-dangerous-allies-for-break-in-at-her-campaign-hq-lake-responds-and-damn/

There is no need for Kari to pull any ‘stunts’ or try and intimidate her.

Katie has done a fine enough job of intimidating herself already.
  :laugh: True.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2022, 10:55:03 PM »
She's already losing bigly to a Trumpy candidate, and then this happens.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/27/new-ad-hits-kari-lakes-opponent-katie-hobbs-where-it-could-really-hurt/

[allegation of racism]

No wonder she's been hiding...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2022, 07:39:38 AM »
Suspect nabbed in burglary of Democratic campaign office - just a generic creep.

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/27/police-identify-suspect-burglary-katie-hobbs-phoenix-campaign-office/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2022, 11:00:42 AM »
"Just a test".

Even if it was an inadvertent error ("test" makes no sense unless it's purposeful), considering the large percentage of public sentiment not trusting the media with election data, this is pretty bad PR. If it was a "test" they would have used "candidate A" and "candidate B".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/28/fox-10-phoenix-claims-graphic-showing-hobbs-beating-lake-was-just-a-mistake-and-hello-backfire/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2022, 09:32:42 PM »
Got a campaign ad for one the local dems. Basically went on on how republicans want to take away our right to vote.
Tomorrow may write Bull *expletive deleted*it on it and mail it back to them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2022, 08:23:02 AM »
Democrats are rolling out the "big guns" now...

I got an e-mail from Barbara Streisand begging for money.

I think they're worried. :)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2022, 05:05:54 PM »
Dems here say the black guy running for congress critter in my district wants to throw granny out of the home, cancel ss, Medicare, medicaid, stop women from voting or holding a job as well as throwing doctors, nurses, and pregnant women into prison for even considering an abortion.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2022, 05:33:53 PM »
Dems here say the black guy running for congress critter in my district wants to throw granny out of the home, cancel ss, Medicare, medicaid, stop women from voting or holding a job as well as throwing doctors, nurses, and pregnant women into prison for even considering an abortion.

What, no fascism?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2022, 05:38:20 PM »
What, no fascism?

The D triumvirate of gov, sec state, atty gen got dibs on that slur against their opposition.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Pb

• friend
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2022, 07:34:49 PM »

Well, hopefully some of those are true.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2022, 07:53:05 PM »
So assuming that the R's do manage some kind of wave next week, what's the over/under on how long it takes the new majority to become Pro War in Europe?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:31 PM »
So assuming that the R's do manage some kind of wave next week, what's the over/under on how long it takes the new majority to become Pro War in Europe?

I'd say about the same for the over/under on how long it takes them to completely and absolutely *expletive deleted*ck up the latest bite at the apple, just as they have every other bite at the apple of power since 1990.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »
Apparently the polling firms are conspiring with the GOP...or something

Joy Reid has uncovered an ‘insidious’ GOP plot to use polling firms to create a ‘red wave’ narrative
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/01/joy-reid-has-uncovered-an-insidious-gop-plot-to-use-polling-firms-to-create-a-red-wave-narrative/
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2022, 12:36:32 PM »
Apparently the polling firms are conspiring with the GOP...or something

Joy Reid has uncovered an ‘insidious’ GOP plot to use polling firms to create a ‘red wave’ narrative
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/01/joy-reid-has-uncovered-an-insidious-gop-plot-to-use-polling-firms-to-create-a-red-wave-narrative/

:rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2022, 12:50:46 PM »
If you can't trust half the polls, then what are the other half showing?  Are half showing one result and half showing another?  Some polls are always skewed away from the others. 

I can sympathize with the distrust of polls especially when they think they may be on the losing end of the election (been there).  The only thing they said right is to vote for your candidate whether you think they will win or not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2022, 12:56:45 PM »
Latest Fox power rankings say Republicans have a shot at taking both the House and the Senate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-power-rankings-republicans-expected-control-house-both-parties-hold-pathways-senate

That would be glorious.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2022, 01:17:57 PM »
Latest Fox power rankings say Republicans have a shot at taking both the House and the Senate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-power-rankings-republicans-expected-control-house-both-parties-hold-pathways-senate

That would be glorious.

Probably more likely squandered than glorious…