Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11321 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2022, 01:39:00 PM »
Probably more likely squandered than glorious…

Glorious for the waves of Dem tears that it would produce, as well as the screechs of psychotic rage from Joy Reid.

See reply 95 for what the Republicans would actually do.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »
as well as the screechs of psychotic rage from Joy Reid.

It would be as everything is with her all about race
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
Still some tasty damned tears.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2022, 02:09:10 PM »
I do know one thing, if the Rs win questioning elections will suddenly be patriotic again
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2022, 02:13:00 PM »
I do know one thing, if the Rs win questioning elections will suddenly be patriotic again
Hillary is already doing it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2022, 02:15:54 PM »
Hillary is already doing it.

Yup. She's pretty much come right out and said that if Rs win anywhere or (gasp!) get a majority anywhere, it's because of election fraud.

I am SO glad she never became president. What a harridan.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2022, 03:51:37 PM »
Crime is going down under Joe Biden
So has inflation, wink wink

Dr. Pradheep Shanker helpfully fact-checks Joy Behar’s claim about crime ‘going down under Joe Biden’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/01/dr-pradheep-shanker-helpfully-fact-checks-joy-behars-claim-about-crime-going-down-under-joe-biden/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2022, 05:08:06 PM »
Holy crap, the last couple of days the e-mail floodgates have opened...

Message after message after message, every one more hysterical than the previous one, most screeching about "WE DIDN'T MAKE OUR MOST RECENT MONEY GOAL! YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE!"

Then there are the ones that are screeching "THE POLLS JUST DECLARED MY RACE A TOSS UP!!!!"

And all of them are screeching that "REPUBLICAN FASCISTS ARE GOING TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO MURDER THE CHILD YOU DON'T WANT, MAKE IT LEGAL FOR YOU TO MURDER THE CRIMINAL WHO ASSAULTS YOU, DESTROY THE ECONOMY, AND MAKE TRUMP PRESIDENT FOR LIFE!!!

"WON'T YOU HELP US PRESERVE DEMOCRACY AND THANK JOE BIDEN FOR LOWERING YOUR GAS PRICES, LOWERING YOUR CRIME RATES, AND PROTECTING YOU FROM FASCISTS?"

I am absolutely LOVING this...

They didn't see it coming in 2016, so it wasn't nearly as amusing.

But now? They know what's coming and they are shitting themselves.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2022, 07:48:48 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2022, 08:38:06 AM »
The NY Times has, for all intents and purposes, already called the Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania Senate races for the Democrats and with much ballyhooing says that they will keep control of the Senate.

But their last poll in Pennsylvania was done before The Oz - Fetterman debate.

In 2016 they also called the nation for Hillary Clinton... Let's hope that lightning strikes twice and completely fries those self-important twats.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:33:11 PM by K Frame »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2022, 01:44:56 PM »
So Biden is mad at the oil companies for greedily raising their prices. What was Trump doing for 4 years, to keep them from being so greedy?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2022, 01:55:02 PM »
The NY Times has, for all intents and purposes, already called the Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania Senate races for the Democrats and with my ballyhooing says that they will keep control of the Senate.

But their last poll in Pennsylvania was done before The Oz - Fetterman debate.

In 2016 they also called the nation for Hillary Clinton... Let's hope that lightning strikes twice and completely fries those self-important twats.

The NYT already has the room booked and the food and drink on order for their Biden 2024 victory party
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2022, 02:41:51 PM »
Whole lot of projection going on

President Biden tonight at 7pm from Union Station will deliver remarks "on preserving and protecting our democracy." The speech, according to DNC advisory, "will address the threat of election deniers and those who seek to undermine faith in voting and democracy."

— Matt Viser (@mviser) November 2, 2022

KJP: “Mega MAGA Republicans do not believe in the rule of law. They refuse to accept the results of elections and they fan the flames of political violence." pic.twitter.com/W4Pw4gUhI4

— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) November 2, 2022

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/02/ahead-of-bidens-speech-kjp-reminds-us-that-mega-maga-republicans-hate-the-law-and-love-violence/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2022, 03:30:23 PM »
Here's Hillary again with basically Voters don't understand what is at stake.
Probably more like they don't like the smell of your bull *expletive deleted*it

Hillary Clinton’s rant about voter ignorance indicates she knows Dems are about to get shellacked
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/02/hillary-clintons-rant-about-voter-ignorance-indicates-she-knows-dems-are-about-to-get-shellacked/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2022, 04:48:13 PM »
WH deletes tweet after getting busted by citizen fact-checkers (and Elon Musk thinks it’s ‘awesome’)
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/02/wh-deletes-tweet-after-getting-busted-by-citizen-fact-checkers-and-elon-musk-thinks-its-awesome/

Interesting that this happens within 2 weeks of the mid-term election.  You didn't see that in the past. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2022, 06:31:00 PM »
It would have been better if that had started happening a month before early voting started.  But, better now than after the election.

Which reminds me, why the hell do we have a month of “early voting”?  For absentee ballots I can see providing them 2-3 weeks or even a month ahead to allow for postal transit to some far flung places.  But crap like WA with no option but mail in voting, plus some places allowing voting weeks or a month ahead both invites all kinds of fraud and also denies people learning about some of these issues before they cast their vote.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2022, 06:40:02 PM »
I was watching some video about how female voters have swung from 12% Dem to 15% Republican, when it occurred to me: the choice next week is between the party that will let women have an abortion if they get raped, vs the party that will do something to stop rapes from happening. Seems like an obvious choice.

It would have been better if that had started happening a month before early voting started.  But, better now than after the election.

Which reminds me, why the hell do we have a month of “early voting”?  For absentee ballots I can see providing them 2-3 weeks or even a month ahead to allow for postal transit to some far flung places.  But crap like WA with no option but mail in voting, plus some places allowing voting weeks or a month ahead both invites all kinds of fraud and also denies people learning about some of these issues before they cast their vote.

You answered your own question.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2022, 06:42:56 PM »
I was watching some video about how female voters have swung from 12% Dem to 15% Republican, when it occurred to me: the choice next week is between the party that will let women have an abortion if they get raped, vs the party that will do something to stop rapes from happening. Seems like an obvious choice.

Silly far right MAGA extremist, everyone knows only republicans rape women.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »
While I expect Republicans in Congress to continue to be revolting garbage, this is not always the case in the State governments.

Are any of you expecting positive outcomes in individual states?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2022, 10:10:15 AM »
While I expect Republicans in Congress to continue to be revolting garbage, this is not always the case in the State governments.

We'll do okay here in Idaho. I'm voting Brad Little for Governor again. A lot of conservatives here have a problem with him, but I have found him to be a pretty small government guy, doing things like drastically slashing regulations and letting localities and businesses kind of run themselves. He may not perfectly align with my views, but you can't expect that. He'll do some things that I like and some things that I don't like, but mostly what I like, and he has the creds to push the good stuff through.

One of the things conservatives attacked him for during covid, is saying that he wasn't going to enforce mask rules, letting localities and businesses do what they thought best. He was attacked by some conservatives for not mandating "no mask enforcement, anywhere". Most of those guys are voting for Ammon Bundy, I think.

In my district, I'll have two very freedom oriented state reps, and probably the state senator will be a RINO (or at least the Idaho version of one).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2022, 10:43:42 AM »

I'm in Texas. I expect Abbot (gov), Patrick (lt. gov) and Paxton (A.G.) will win, although the last one still has a cloud of legal issues. Beto will probably lose his bid for gov by a large margin. I expect good results for state senate and house for my district this time around, since district boundaries have been shifted and I don't think I'll get stuck with a lefty from Austin again.

Looking at municipal elections for the nearby city of Austin, as far as I can tell there's a full slate of lunatics running for office. As usual. Plus billions in bonds.

I AM concerned about bond issues for both my city and (especially) the local school district. The latter includes $93,000,000 for a HS football stadium.

No. Just . . . no:facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »
I guess I expect the R's to maintain a majority in Texas.  We will see.  We got constitutional carry last session.  I was hoping for some property tax reform, but that is a pretty big issue.  Might take longer to get something useful passed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2022, 12:15:16 PM »

They're roaches.

Sunny Hostin: "I read a poll just yesterday that white Republican suburban women are now going to vote Republican. It’s almost like roaches voting for Raid." pic.twitter.com/ANZgvM97A7

— Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) November 3, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/03/sunny-hostin-likens-white-suburban-gop-women-voting-for-republicans-to-roaches-voting-for-raid/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2022, 02:35:01 PM »
"What do you want?"

https://youtu.be/zge0ZmFQMPE

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!