Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11328 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2022, 07:21:35 AM »
Voted this morning. One of the first people into the polling place.

Holy freaking hell was the polling officer who checked me in HAWT!

My midterms ballot consisted entirely of one race for House of Representatives.

My favorite buddy, Gerry Connolly, is up for re-election. And I have NO doubt that the bottom feeding scumbag will, once again, handily win because if there's one thing that the rich white people in my district love is a Democrat who will assuage their white liberal guilt by taxing them while telling them how bad the whitey rightly Republicans are.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2022, 07:43:54 AM »
I'm reading a few national MSM articles this morning that are talking about the Idaho gubernatorial election, calling it a "face off" between our R incumbent and the D challenger, as if it's going to be some kind of close race. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the third party candidates outperforms the dem.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2022, 07:47:18 AM »
This is really good to see...

CNN's page this morning is practically an obituary to liberal control of all three branches of the government.

[popcorn]
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2022, 07:51:19 AM »
This is really good to see...

CNN's page this morning is practically an obituary to liberal control of all three branches of the government.

[popcorn]

Well you would expect that from a far right wing news channel
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2022, 07:51:48 AM »
Sandbag filled and stacked - check
90 days worth of rations and water for both me and the cats - check
Mini gun primed and ready - check
Voting - heading out.

Edit: SandbagS
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 09:04:44 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2022, 08:37:36 AM »
My entire Twitter feed this morning is various media company's saying versions of "It will take days or weeks to get the election results, here's why that's OK".

Example: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/early-election-night-results-final-tallies/story?id=92762835

I'm not sure if they are priming the pump to gaslight Repubs after cheating, begging liberals not to burn down cities tonight, or both.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2022, 08:57:10 AM »
My entire Twitter feed this morning is various media company's saying versions of "It will take days or weeks to get the election results, here's why that's OK".

Example: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/early-election-night-results-final-tallies/story?id=92762835

I'm not sure if they are priming the pump to gaslight Repubs after cheating, begging liberals not to burn down cities tonight, or both.

I've been seeing that too, along with people like Abrams saying that if she doesn't win, it was due to election fraud and Georgia election law.

A great quote I heard is, "We put men on the moon in 1969, but in 2022 we can't get votes counted by midnight on election night?"

I mean, 20 years ago we were still big into paper ballots, and we still got everything done on election night. Of course we weren't fighting about counting invalid ballots as much back then, because people apparently had more common sense.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2022, 08:59:30 AM »
Sandbag filled and stacked - check
90 days worth of rations and water for both me and the cats - check
Mini gun primed and ready - check
Voting - heading out.
I guess if you have a Mini gun one sandbag is enough.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2022, 09:01:34 AM »
I guess if you have a Mini gun one sandbag is enough.   =)

Need something to hide behind while changing ammo boxes. Those things go though ammo fast.
Oh, I see what I did up there
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2022, 11:27:55 AM »
Voted this morning here in SW Ohio.

Hearing there’s issues in Maricopa County Arizona today….go figure.

Video here: https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1589992364764192768?s=61&t=f8q16SvuDzHeaq1d6GCaqg

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2022, 01:22:29 PM »
Made it down to the polling place a little after 10:00. 425 ballots counted into the machines when I left. That's shaping up to be a BIG turnout for my little town.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2022, 01:33:03 PM »
Wife and I voted at our usual polling place around 11:30.  I was number 150 to vote at that location.
Most of the local races were Republicans running unopposed, which is not that unusual in this area, especially for judgeships.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2022, 02:11:40 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2022, 03:58:05 PM »
The red wave begins in - Guam? ???

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/early-return-the-red-wave-rolls-through-guam-as-republicans-pick-up-their-first-win

Guamanians are tropical rednecks. Reminded me of home with palm trees. Beater pickups, pigs in the yard, can’t work gone fishing.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2022, 04:06:57 PM »
Light traffic at the polling place, grabbed some GREAT burgers on the way home about 1 hour ago.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2022, 04:45:43 PM »
The county website says that our ballots were received and counted yesterday.  Washington has been mail-in only for many years.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2022, 04:58:37 PM »
The county website says that our ballots were received and counted yesterday.  Washington has been mail-in only for many years.
Been mostly democrat for many years also hasn't it?

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2022, 05:06:18 PM »
Muddle-headed musings #1

I think the PA and GA Senate races are showing us something new in American politics, or at least something that’s changed. And it’s changed for both sides.

Unless Oz wins by a very considerable margin, Democrats’ willingness to vote for Fetterman despite his obvious incapacity means Democrat voters have come to see politics as something akin to warfare. Certainly in war, you wouldn’t choose a Fetterman to lead you, but once he’s put in charge, it’s your guy or die. There’s no shrugging your shoulders, and saying, “Well, I guess the other team gets this one.”

If Walker wins in Georgia, even in a run-off, it means Republicans are also voting on a war footing. A few years ago, Walker’s alleged involvement in abortion would have had pundits all over conservative media denouncing him, and going NeverWalker. From what I’ve seen, though, pundits on the right are completely unmoved. So he paid for an abortion years ago? The other guy will vote to allow, or even pay for, abortions by the millions.

This is a good thing, at least from the Republican side. It’s long past time Republicans realized the Left is more enemy of the people than loyal opposition.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2022, 05:09:26 PM »
Been mostly democrat for many years also hasn't it?

Seattle and King County dominate Washington state politics due to about a third of the state population living there.  That area has reliably skewed Democrat for a very long time, way before mail-in voting.  The further you are from Seattle, the higher the percentage of Republican voters.  So Spokane, for example, skews Republican, but BobR would know more about that than I.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2022, 05:10:18 PM »
CNN seems to have gone full doom and gloom against dems in their TV coverage. To what effect or purpose idk
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »
Muddle-headed musings #2

Regardless of outcome, there seem to be some trends that favor the right, in the near future. For all the screeching about muh white supremacy, the dealignment of blacks (or at least black men) from the Democrat Party seems to be accelerating. That is even more true of the Latinos (of both sexes, and maybe even the Latinxses, for all I know (how do you pluralize an imaginary demonym?)) Now that the Democratic Party has turned against Asians, will we see a similar move in that group? Also, suburban white chicks are not lost to the Democratic Party, despite how nervous they were about Trump a couple of years ago. 

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2022, 06:14:30 PM »
Just voted to end democracy. It's over, guys! We did it!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2022, 06:29:54 PM »
Record Numbers Of Voters Show Up To End Democracy
https://babylonbee.com/news/record-numbers-of-voters-show-up-to-end-democracy

"In a nation built on democracy, we simply cannot afford to have this many people making their voices heard in a democratic fashion," said one high-ranking member of Congress under the condition of anonymity. "If we let everyone in the country legally vote to choose the nation's leadership, democracy itself may be lost forever. Democracy!"

At publishing time, calls had already been made to Dr. Anthony Fauci and the NIH to fast-track the release of their newest deadly virus with the hope that a new global pandemic might save democracy as we know it.