Author Topic: Post your mid-term updates  (Read 11298 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Post your mid-term updates
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2022, 09:03:32 AM »
Funny how long/delayed vote counts that "flip" earlier returns overwhelmingly favor democrats, isn't it? I guess that's just meant to bolster faith in election integrity.
Looks like they are calling Arizona for Hobbs, and that a recount is likely.

Tinfoil on, as I mentioned earlier, this is one of those races that are fishy to me. Just like Trump/Biden, we have one candidate with packed rallies, doing interviews and answering questions left and right, and just animated and out there with a ridiculously enthusiastic base. The other candidate refused debates, refuses to answer question (going as far as practically tipping a restaurant table over to run and hide in a bathroom), refused all but the softest softball interviews (and being inarticulate when interviewed), and had an unenthusiastic base, in an ostensibly red state, and she's the winner.

Is there really a big "silent majority" of democrats in Arizona, or are post election night votes "being found"?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizona-governor-hobbs-lake-recount-state-law

It’s fraud straight up and simple.

And it’s fraud done in a “*expletive deleted*ck you we’re going to be as obvious as possible with it, knowing you won’t be able to do anything while we cover up windows and doors and have partisan ballot counters wearing Democrat apparel make up enough votes to flip the majority just enough in our favor in these swing states”

*expletive deleted*ck this country I hope it all collapses.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2022, 09:29:36 AM »
If the Rs win GA we're right back where we are now.
If the Ds win GA you can count on a "assault" weapons ban, abortion bill, "Green" aka wealth distribution bills out the wazoo, maybe even reparations and SC packing.

Edit: IF the D's hold on to the House of course
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:04:36 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2022, 09:55:30 AM »
If the Rs win GA we're right back where we are now.
If the Ds win GA you can count on a "assault" weapons ban, abortion bill, "Green" aka wealth distribution bills out the wazoo, maybe even reparations and SC packing.
Fox has the GOP with 217 in the house vs 205 Ds. Of the 13 "undecided" races the GOP only needs to win 1 to get a House majority. They're leading in several races, but there still seem to be a LOT of untallied votes a full WEEK after the election.

Nothing suspicious there at all.

A House majority means that the worst legislation can be stopped, assuming turncoat RINOs don't vote D. (My faith in the GOP mirrors my faith in election integrity.) If the D's gain another vote in the Senate, bad things can happen with regard to judicial appointments and the filibuster.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
Fox has the GOP with 217 in the house vs 205 Ds. Of the 13 "undecided" races the GOP only needs to win 1 to get a House majority. They're leading in several races, but there still seem to be a LOT of untallied votes a full WEEK after the election.

Nothing suspicious there at all.

A House majority means that the worst legislation can be stopped, assuming turncoat RINOs don't vote D. (My faith in the GOP mirrors my faith in election integrity.) If the D's gain another vote in the Senate, bad things can happen with regard to judicial appointments and the filibuster.

Whoops, forgot to put IF the D's hold on to the House in my post. Right now I'm almost afraid to hold out hope the R's take control considering history seems to repeating itself in that virtually every uncounted ballot seems to be straight D for some strange reason.  :O
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2022, 10:06:39 AM »
Is there really a big "silent majority" of democrats in Arizona, or are post election night votes "being found"?
Was Lake ever ahead? From what I recall seeing she was trailing since election day and her only hope was to keep counting and "finding" more ballots...

Maricopa County tends to make its ballot drops in the evenings. Keep your eye out tonight for one that could push Lake into the lead
Saturday night’s drop will likely have a heavy Republican slant based on the areas the ballots are expected to come from
In Arizona— don’t show up outside County buildings, don’t tweet or say stupid things. Don’t give them an excuse to stop counting votes.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2022, 10:33:14 AM »
Was Lake ever ahead? From what I recall seeing she was trailing since election day and her only hope was to keep counting and "finding" more ballots...
I thought I saw her ahead the day after election day, but I wasn't following extra close.  Crowder did an interview with her the day after so they might have mentioned if that was the case. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2022, 12:25:43 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2022, 04:44:32 PM »
Arizona Announces They Have Finished Counting And Calvin Coolidge Has Won Their 3 Electoral Votes
https://babylonbee.com/news/arizona-announces-they-have-finished-counting-and-calvin-coolidge-has-won-their-3-electoral-votes
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2022, 01:59:08 PM »
Well *expletive deleted*it
But to be honest I know almost zip about Scott

McConnell reelected Senate GOP leader; Scott’s bid rejected
https://www.wave3.com/2022/11/16/mcconnell-faces-challenge-scott-gop-senators-regroup/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2022, 05:36:19 PM »
Supposedly live feed of Maricopa ballot counting center showed a cart with bags of ballots arriving “randomly” a few minutes ago.

If true, I’m sure they are all Dem marked ballots. The fix is in.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2022, 06:42:35 PM »
Well *expletive deleted*it
But to be honest I know almost zip about Scott

McConnell reelected Senate GOP leader; Scott’s bid rejected
https://www.wave3.com/2022/11/16/mcconnell-faces-challenge-scott-gop-senators-regroup/

His name isn’t Mitch. That’s enough.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2022, 07:21:49 AM »
Well, Alaska has finally weighed in two weeks after Election Day. That ranked choice system is working just peachy for them. It appears that if they voted like normal people, they would have an R representative, and RINO Murkowski would be out. Instead:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alaska-incumbent-rep-mary-peltola-wins-full-term-represent-states-large-congressional-district
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alaska-sen-lisa-murkowski-wins-re-election-us-senate-over-challenger-kelly-tshibaka
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2022, 01:02:08 PM »
 :facepalm:
One county is apparently withholding its certification of its own results, objecting to the election results.

The Republican majority on the Cochise County Board of Supervisors pushed back certification until Friday, citing concerns about voting machines. Because Monday was the deadline for all 15 Arizona counties to certify their results, Cochise’s action could put at risk the votes of some 47,000 county residents and could inject chaos into the election if those votes go uncounted.

According to Cochise County’s own publicly posted final results, Lake won the county with 27,481 votes, to Hobbs’s 19,137 votes.

It is conceivable, although unlikely, that the county simply would not submit any certified results for the elections which would have the opposite effect that the Republican board members desire:

An initial deadline of December 5 had been set for statewide certification. In the lawsuit, Hobbs’ lawyers said state law does allow for a slight delay if her office has not received a county’s results, but not past December 8 – or 30 days after the election.

“Absent this Court’s intervention, the Secretary will have no choice but to complete statewide canvass by December 8 without Cochise County’s votes included,” her lawyers added.

If votes from this Republican stronghold somehow went uncounted, it could flip two races to Democrats: the contest for state superintendent and a congressional race
in which Republican Juan Ciscomani already has been projected as the winner by CNN and other outlets.

You hear a lot of nonsensical claims and accusations about disenfranchisement, but in this case, these two county board of supervisors members would effectively disenfranchise every voter in their county.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2022, 07:24:35 PM »
Well after all votes were certified here in Michigan, two school different districts revealed that there were irregularities with the signatures validating the candidates ability to be on the ballot...actually they did not qualify, but had won the elections.  To fix that there has to be an appeal to a court to have a hearing about what to do.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2022, 10:44:57 PM »
According to an email from the Illinois Policy Institute (a "think tank" that tracks legislation & politicians here), the "Amendment 1" passed and is now on the state's Constitution.  They estimate that the average - the average - property tax bill will increase by $2200 in just 4 years.
So many union people voted for this piece of garbage believing it would help them.  They are in for a shock as it only helps government unions.  These unions will now be able to circumvent many state regulations and will be negotiating not only for wages and benefits, but now they can bring in things like housing, education, etc., basically, anything that they desire.

God help us because it is an absolute certainty that nobody else in this state will ever again.
  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2022, 10:32:12 PM »
Dems have the senate

*expletive deleted*ck
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2022, 07:58:42 AM »
Well, he had all of Hollywood and the MSM campaigning for him (or perhaps more correctly, against his opponent).

Lets just hope nothing happens to the fillibuster and that our supreme court justices stay healthy. We'll probably see some very bad lower judicial appointments though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2022, 08:59:31 AM »
Dems have the senate

*expletive deleted*ck

Warnock was not going to lose.  Who here really expected anything different?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2022, 10:10:36 AM »
Also, didn't Georgia recently win the top spot for worst voter suppression in the history of voter suppression in the whole universe? So doesn't that actually mean Walker won?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2022, 10:11:29 AM »
Besides, it makes no functional difference.  For the next 2 years the Ds had the tie breaker vote anyway.  It only would have mattered if the election was the difference between Rs having 50 or 51 seats.  Instead it’s the difference of 49 or 50 seats.  With an R VPOTUS it would have mattered.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2022, 10:16:33 AM »
Besides, it makes no functional difference.  For the next 2 years the Ds had the tie breaker vote anyway.  It only would have mattered if the election was the difference between Rs having 50 or 51 seats.  Instead it’s the difference of 49 or 50 seats.  With an R VPOTUS it would have mattered.
Democrats have had several signficant bills they wanted to push held up by Manchin and Sinema.  Doesn't this reduce that check?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »
I've read that this means D's will now have a +1 majority on all Senate committees, meaning it becomes incrementally easier for them to initiate bad policies.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2022, 10:59:47 AM »
Trump had 53 Rs, and most of us here were pretty happy about all the judicial appointments and other stuff rammed through.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2022, 11:13:32 AM »
Seems like the lessons of 2016 keep biting the parties in the ass.  If your candidate sucks, the letter next to their name may not be enough.

Added context:
The GA general election had 3,961,154 (56.9% turnout) voters turn up.  2,358,026 White, 1,038,698 Black, and half a million or so other demographics.
The run off had 1,905,739 votes (27.2% turnout).  1,050,004 whites and 606,871 Blacks and 240,000 or so other. 

Obviously race isn't an exact predictor of party, but it can be used for trends, especially in the south.  Basically, well less than half of the white folks (a group that likely trends R) showed up the second time and 80% of the black folks (Which likely trend D) showed up again.  That speaks to me of a pretty solid enthusiasm gap between the parties.  A similar thing happened to Hillary.  Especially after the DNC burned Bernie, a lot of Dems just didn't bother to go vote for an unlikable candidate.  I suspect the same is true for Pennsylvania's Senate seat.

A popular, engaging candidate with *expletive deleted*it policies is probably better election-wise than a milquetoast one with good policies.  A boring or compromised candidate with bad policies is just going to lose.

ref: https://sos.ga.gov/data-hub-december-6-2022-runoff
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:25:49 AM by dogmush »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #324 on: December 09, 2022, 08:09:12 AM »
Hold the phone.
Dems back to 50 in the senate

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema leaves Democratic Party, registers as independent
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizona-sen-kyrsten-sinema-leaves-democratic-party-registers-independent
- Calvin and Hobbes