Author Topic: At least 4 injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, active shooting  (Read 636 times)

MechAg94

• friend
At least 4 injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, active shooting
« on: October 13, 2022, 08:39:07 PM »
At least 4 injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, active shooting, police say
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/13/us/raleigh-north-carolina-shooting/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooting-reported-trail-raleigh-north-carolina-police/story?id=91345863
The scene of the shooting is in the area of the Neuse River Greenway Trail near Osprey Cove and Bay Harbor drives, police said.

"Residents in that area are advised to remain in their homes," the Raleigh Police Department tweeted.

Hope this doesn't turn into anything worse.  Any of you in that area, stay safe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: At least 4 injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, active shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 10:50:09 PM »
Update
Headline says most of it otherwise no real details on wtf just happened

North Carolina shooting leaves 5 dead, including off-duty police officer; suspect in custody
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-police-responding-active-shooting-tell-residents-remain-homes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 08:48:04 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 10:57:27 PM »
Prediction
An inanimate object will get most of the blame
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 08:49:57 AM »
Still not seeing much in the way of details except juvenile male (no age given) in custody, 5 dead, and 3 injured.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 04:00:30 PM »
15 year old
In critical condition in hospital, unclear if he shot himself or by someone else.
Shot his brother then went around the neighborhood shooting people including an off duty police officer.
And, surprise, Biden calling for an assault weapon ban

PICTURED: Baby-faced' Raleigh gunman, 15, who shot his older brother dead and then went on neighborhood rampage killing three women, an off-duty cop and his neighbor's dog with assault rifle
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11316147/PICTURED-Mother-three-49-shot-dead-Raleigh-teenage-gunman.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 08:00:42 PM »
The bigger question is why did he kill his brother and then go on a shooting spree.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the gun control bus and overlook the real issue. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 08:45:34 PM »
The bigger question is why did he kill his brother and then go on a shooting spree.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the gun control bus and overlook the real issue.

Those who are often the most vocal for gun control usually don't like where looking at the real issues often leads.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:54:57 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »
 my prediction is he's an incel and spent the lockdown playing violent video games
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 09:47:25 PM »
my prediction is he's an incel

He was only 15
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »
One witness says shotgun

'I saw him basically pass my house in the backyard. He had a long-barrel shotgun. He was dressed in camo. He had a full backpack on that was also camouflage.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11316147/PICTURED-Mother-three-49-shot-dead-Raleigh-teenage-gunman.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 10:05:08 PM »
I'd bet a months pay that the kid was/is on some kind of ADD/ADHD meds.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 09:07:14 AM »
Yep shotgun

Didn't stop the usual suspects to immediately call for an "assault" weapon ban and I even saw one report that stated they saw a car riddled with bullets from an assault gun.

But shotgun

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11319067/EXCL-Raleigh-mom-body-son-16-shot-dead-15-year-old-brother.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 09:19:49 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes