Author Topic: Kari Lake  (Read 1642 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Kari Lake
« on: October 18, 2022, 02:23:20 PM »
I actually don't know much about her political stances or what kind of governor she would make, but man is she a badass with the MSM. Lotsa Kayleigh McEnany vibes.  =)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1582403573811318784

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/18/lets-talk-about-election-deniers-kari-lake-just-destroys-the-media-again-with-receipts-after-they-accuse-her-of-being-an-election-denier-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Kari Lake
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 02:28:42 PM »
She donated to Obama.

I remember many newscasts she made here when she was an anchor, toeing the LeftSpeak line.

I think her mouth is for hire.  She's just done as an anchor and has found a new line of work in right-populism.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »
She donated to Obama.

I remember many newscasts she made here when she was an anchor, toeing the LeftSpeak line.

I think her mouth is for hire.  She's just done as an anchor and has found a new line of work in right-populism.

Maybe she’s been red-pilled.  As a newscaster she mostly just read a script someone else wrote.  Or she’s exactly what you think.  🤷‍♂️

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 02:42:05 PM »
Almost as good as a good upcommance Smokey and the Bandit movie.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »
Anyone can change.  Probably better than the alternative.  Watch what she does as well as what she says.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 03:21:53 PM »
Anyone can change.  Probably better than the alternative.  Watch what she does as well as what she says.
Emphasis added.

Lots of former Ds eventually wised up and became Rs. Some (Ronald Reagan, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Herman Cain) did generally well as Rs,  others (Michael Bloomberg) not so much.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 03:43:34 PM »
Emphasis added.

Lots of former Ds eventually wised up and became Rs. Some (Ronald Reagan, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Herman Cain) did generally well as Rs,  others (Michael Bloomberg) not so much.
My mother used to mention that Reagan used to be involved in the Hollywood actor's guild and found himself against those that leaned toward communism.  I know next to nothing about that so there is likely more to it.  I do recall many thought he would be a fairly liberal President when he ran.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 08:01:19 AM »
Emphasis added.

Also, Ben Nighthorse Campbell from CO, D>R.

It is generally assumed that Bloomberg only switched parties to circumvent New York City's Mayoral term limit requirements, not for any change of heart in policies.  That's the general assumption, which can be challenged, but I find it more than a little believable.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 08:09:37 AM »
It is generally assumed that Bloomberg only switched parties to circumvent New York City's Mayoral term limit requirements, not for any change of heart in policies.  That's the general assumption, which can be challenged, but I find it more than a little believable.

I find it absolutely believable. The guy is the textbook definition of a weasel, both in acts and looks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 09:06:34 AM »
Read a whineatorial this morning that was bitching blue thunder about Arizona Democrats completely mishandling the their approach to the Arizona election.

First, they out and out meddled in the Republican primary by taking out adds for Lake's opponent (who had been a former Democrat). Lake won handily.

Then the Dems nominated as their own candidate the absolutely worst possible choice who apparently has zero on-camera presence and not much more in-person presence...

While Lake is a former TV personality who knows exactly how to use the medium to best effect.

Then there's the fact that the Democratic candidate refuses to debate because she knows she'd be eaten alive.

It was a FUN read!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 09:36:27 AM »
I remember her as a reporter on the local news when I was a senior in HS.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 09:43:35 AM »
Read a whineatorial

I'm stealing that. It seems like it's what 90% of them are these days.  :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 09:51:13 AM »
I remember her as a reporter on the local news when I was a senior in HS.

Yep, she got her start on TV in Davenport while she was in college.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 09:53:09 AM »
I'm stealing that. It seems like it's what 90% of them are these days.  :rofl:

Only 90%?

I'd say it's closer to 140%, at least on the liberal side, and about 99% on the conservative side.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 08:50:17 AM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 09:31:19 AM »
Ha ha - Somehow Liz Cheney still believes she has creds with conservatives...

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/28/kari-lakes-letter-to-liz-cheney-thanking-her-for-ad-supporting-dem-opponent-is-chefs-kiss/
I like the salutation in Kari's letter:

Liz Cheney
Defeated Member of Congress  (WY-AL)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 09:55:02 AM »
I like the tail-end dig at the end of the letter...

"Paid for by Liz Cheney. Authorized by Kari Lake."

WOW!

That is top level FU in your face trolling right there!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 09:57:27 AM »
Wow. Back in early September Hobbs was leading Lake by 1 percentage point.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2022, 09:59:42 AM »
Wow. Back in early September Hobbs was leading Lake by 1 percentage point.

In fairness, while Lake has been running a hysterically awesome campaign, Hobbs has been giving her an incredible boost.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 10:02:47 AM »
In fairness, while Lake has been running a hysterically awesome campaign, Hobbs has been giving her an incredible boost.

Oh hell yeah, without a doubt. The more I dig into it the more I see that it's been one of the most pathetically inept campaigns I've ever seen.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 10:42:23 AM »
Oh hell yeah, without a doubt. The more I dig into it the more I see that it's been one of the most pathetically inept campaigns I've ever seen.

I think my favorite part is the guy approaching her at a restaurant, and she's terrified. (Is she afraid of black men?) She's desperate to get away, and spills her drink, and just leaves it there, and hides in the restroom. It's the leadership Arizona needs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 05:29:19 PM »
She's just on one big roll...  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1586033520002097156

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2022, 06:45:11 PM »
Liz Cheney is still milking the "Anyone But Trump" crowd... Who are now pretty much wondering if it was worth it.
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »
I think my favorite part is the guy approaching her at a restaurant, and she's terrified. (Is she afraid of black men?) She's desperate to get away, and spills her drink, and just leaves it there, and hides in the restroom. It's the leadership Arizona needs.

PJ Veritas crowd hit a Grand Slam with that one, that was incredibly inept .

I do not know anything really about Lake, and she's been backed by Tulsi who has yet to denounce her anti-gun stuff - so I remain very suspicious - big big big HOWEVER - Lake's years in the TV biz is really making her entertaining - I really like how she handles the dumb reporters
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2022, 08:57:59 PM »
Tulsi will be on Jac Carr's Danger Close podcast Wednesday.  I wonder if 2A will be addressed and if she's changed her view.