Author Topic: Fetterman v Oz debate in Pennsylvania  (Read 3203 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Fetterman v Oz debate in Pennsylvania
« on: October 26, 2022, 09:57:16 AM »
Fetterman has, for months, been refusing to debate Dr. Oz.

Well, he finally agreed, and it kicked off last night.

From all accounts, it didn't go well for him. He stumbled over his words, he had trouble forumulating answers, and he even, by some accounts, appeared to be confused.

But now he and his camp are blaming the closed captioning system of being filled with errors...

And the company that ran the system is not taking that lying down...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nexstar-refutes-fetterman-campaigns-claims-closed-captioning-filled-errors
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Fetterman v Oz debate in Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:02:43 AM »
I saw a few snippets. That was horrifying.

I compare Fetterman to Biden. In many ways, he is a pawn of the radical left. Just as they pushed an incompetent Biden to run, they pushed an incapable Fetterman to run. Worse, unlike hiding Biden's dementia, they highlight Fetterman's disability.

There's nothing wrong (and many things right) with urging the disabled to do productive things in society. However, being a governor is the wrong productive job to push on someone with the disabilities connected to stroke victims. The left is pushing this as, "If you don't support Fetterman, then you're an extremist bigot fascist!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 10:03:04 AM »
Even better, the liberal media is saying that Fetterman's performance was hard to watch.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/oz-fetterman-debate-liberal-media-admits-democrat-candidate-painful
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 10:03:52 AM »
Crap. I missed the target. Would an admin please move this thread to Polisquwaks?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 10:16:27 AM »
But now he and his camp are blaming the closed captioning system of being filled with errors...

Hacked by the Russians
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »

A senior Democratic official in Pennsylvania told Axios: “I wished Fetterman was in a better place to clap back. Overall, I argue it wasn’t great for us but still a draw. Remember in these next few weeks that Oz’s campaign is spending tens of millions of dollars against a man with a major medical condition.”

Defending John Fetterman from Dr. Oz, ‘senior Democratic official’ makes compelling argument … against Fetterman
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/26/defending-john-fetterman-from-dr-oz-senior-democratic-official-makes-compelling-argument-against-fetterman/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 11:06:45 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 11:17:16 AM »
nteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022
PA Senate Betting Trends by @PredictIt

August 29:
(D) Fetterman — 75c
(R) Mehmet Oz — 26c

Before Tonight's Debate:
(R) Mehmet Oz — 53c
(D) Fetterman — 48c

AFTER The Debate:
(R) Mehmet Oz — 63c
(D) Fetterman — 38c

✅Net Swing Towards Oz: +74c
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/26/cbs-mornings-recap-of-oz-fettermans-fiery-debate-was-quite-generous-to-the-democrat/
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 11:59:22 AM »
I found the debate carried live on one of the minor cable channels. Fetterman's performance was really bad, but maybe not quite as bad as some people were expecting. He had some talking points that had been drilled into him which he mostly remembered, but at other times it was obvious that he was struggling to verbalize his responses which were sometimes very confused.

The moderators mostly did OK, but they spent a disproportionate time on abortion, which is somewhere between 6th and 19th place in voter issue importance surveys. (Oz was mostly pro life, Fetterman was not.)

Both candidates could have handled a question about Social Security better, but Oz was coherent and Fetterman . . . not so much.

Some critics said Oz was talking fast in order to make it hard on the closed captioning people - the big meanie wasn't trying to make his opponent look good.

Bottom line - aside from policy differences (which favor Oz), Fetterman - even with the crutch of closed captioning - does not appear to have the cognitive abilities we hope to see in our leaders. (Point fingers at Brandon, Feinstein, et.al.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 01:35:04 PM »
Just clarifying what appears to be a common mistake or misapprehension some have: Fetterman and Oz are running for Senate, not governor.

I'm really not sure how much sympathy I should have for people like Biden or Fetterman. Sure, they're being exploited; maybe even abused by their own family. On the other hand, they have given over their whole lives to destroying the lives and freedoms of their supposed countrymen. Not to mention all the blood on their hands from abortion, or from victims of the street crime they encourage. They are some very evil people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 01:36:50 PM »
Just clarifying what appears to be a common mistake or misapprehension some have: Fetterman and Oz are running for Senate, not governor.

Right, sorry. I don't know why I'm thinking "governor". I guess because Fetterman is Lt Governor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 03:20:23 PM »
I saw mention of this on Crowder from yesterday when they were talking about the debate.  Interesting. 

Fetterman defends pulling shotgun on Black jogger in 2013, but explains why he would would not do it now
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fetterman-defends-pulling-shotgun-black-jogger-2013-explains-why-he-would-would-not-do-now

Fetterman once pulled a shotgun on a black jogger — yet Democrats are supporting him?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/fetterman-once-pulled-a-shotgun-on-a-black-jogger-yet-democrats-are-supporting-him

According to multiple reports, in 2013, while Fetterman was mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania, he suspected a black man he saw jogging of committing a crime. Rather than call the police, Fetterman, a beacon of racial equality, chose to follow him in a pickup truck and pull a 20-gauge shotgun on him when he confronted the man. Fetterman used the gun to detain him until police arrived. Ultimately, the man was not involved in any wrongdoing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 03:43:34 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 03:44:21 PM »
When how bad you did in a debate is the top story on BBCNews.com, yeah, it was bad.
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »
I thought for sure Pennsylvania Republicans were going to score an own goal with Oz.  Even if he wins I’m not convinced he won’t turn into an own goal anyway.  But Fetterman has been an unbelievable gift to the GOP chances this election.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 04:34:14 PM »
I saw mention of this on Crowder from yesterday when they were talking about the debate.  Interesting. 

Fetterman defends pulling shotgun on Black jogger in 2013, but explains why he would would not do it now
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fetterman-defends-pulling-shotgun-black-jogger-2013-explains-why-he-would-would-not-do-now

Fetterman once pulled a shotgun on a black jogger — yet Democrats are supporting him?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/fetterman-once-pulled-a-shotgun-on-a-black-jogger-yet-democrats-are-supporting-him

Did you know that guy says he's voting for Fetterman?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 05:27:09 PM »
Guess they expected Oz to just roll over and play dead and let Fetterman win otherwise he's a bully.

MSNBC columnist says Dr. Mehmet Oz ‘just gave a masterclass on how to bully people with disabilities’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/26/msnbc-columnist-says-dr-mehmet-oz-just-gave-a-masterclass-on-how-to-bully-people-with-disabilities/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 05:44:55 PM »
SWMBO and I caught a few minutes at lunch. It was awful. Fetterman is a doddering incompetent, or at least that's how he came across. His appearance and demeanor are that of some thug who's attorney dressed up for a court date.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 06:22:07 PM »
There were at least a couple of Democrats that responded to the debate by asking, "why did he agree to a debate?" Um, isn't that exactly like asking why he (or his wife/handler) decided he should run for Senate?

(Yes, I know he started running prior to the stroke, but his campaign could have bowed out before the primary.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2022, 06:40:29 PM »
(Yes, I know he started running prior to the stroke, but his campaign could have bowed out before the primary.)

I wonder what he was like before the stroke? I was just reading that he was the mayor of some city and that he ran it into the ground, so he might not have been all that capable before the stroke.

I try not to judge on appearance (much), but Brad kinda nailed it for me. I also thought he looked like he was in the suit his public defender bought him.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 07:50:22 PM »
I wonder what he was like before the stroke? I was just reading that he was the mayor of some city and that he ran it into the ground, so he might not have been all that capable before the stroke.

I try not to judge on appearance (much), but Brad kinda nailed it for me. I also thought he looked like he was in the suit his public defender bought him.

He’s currently the Lt Governor.  I’m sure there plenty of data on his capacity before the stroke.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2022, 07:55:44 PM »
What's important here is that this is yet another example of a far right wing extremist bullying and attacking a disabled person.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2022, 07:56:39 PM »
PA Senate Candidate Reminds Everyone That 'Fetterman' Is The Name Of The Doctor Who Created Him, Not His Actual Name
https://babylonbee.com/news/pa-senate-candidate-reminds-everyone-that-fetterman-is-the-name-of-the-doctor-who-created-him-not-his-actual-name

Despite years of pop culture and political reporting using the misnomer "Fetterman" to refer to the hastily-constructed Democrat behemoth, fans of the source material have long called for the Pennsylvania Senate candidate to be called "the creature" or "Fetterman's monster" rather than "Fetterman." Some of the more astute onlookers have raised the question of whether Dr. Fetterman himself is morally culpable for creating a giant zombie from exhumed corpses and then abandoning his creation. These anti-Fetterman fans have summed up their stance with the pithy phrase: "Knowledge is knowing ‘Fetterman' isn't the monster, but wisdom is knowing that ‘Fetterman' is the monster."

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge