Author Topic: Fetterman v Oz debate in Pennsylvania  (Read 3200 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fetterman v Oz debate in Pennsylvania
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 07:59:42 PM »
He’s currently the Lt Governor.  I’m sure there plenty of data on his capacity before the stroke.

I've seen some video clips. He wasn't anything like that.

If you're new to Fetterman, the scuttlebutt is that he lived with his parents, until his sister sold him a house for a dollar. His parents gave him an allowance while he was mayor, as the job paid peanuts. Sounds like he's mostly lived off them. It's been reported he only occasionally showed up for his mayoral duties. The town council/board/whatever didn't like him very much. (He was kind of an outsider to the town, so no wonder.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »
PA Senate Candidate Reminds Everyone That 'Fetterman' Is The Name Of The Doctor Who Created Him, Not His Actual Name
https://babylonbee.com/news/pa-senate-candidate-reminds-everyone-that-fetterman-is-the-name-of-the-doctor-who-created-him-not-his-actual-name

The Bee are based legends. That was amazing.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 06:50:49 AM »
And Keith Olberman is absolutely losing his *expletive deleted*it over the coverage of the Fetterman debacle.

He's screeching about NBC now being a voice for Republican talking points and...

He's decrying the use of anonymous sources.

The man whose "coverage" in the lead up to the 2016 election was essentially one huge anonymous source.

I absolutely LOVE bitter liberal tears...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 07:40:42 AM »
Anyone know of any updated polls done since the debate? I'm not finding anything.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2022, 07:51:47 AM »
And Keith Olberman is absolutely losing his *expletive deleted*it over the coverage of the Fetterman debacle.

I absolutely LOVE bitter liberal tears...

I've actually come to enjoy reading Olberman's rants for the entertainment value. He is the textbook definition of an internet bully, constantly threatening to beat people up while he sits at his computer typing all that stuff with his weakling noodle arms. My 10 year old grand niece could kick that guys ass with one hand tied behind her back.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2022, 08:13:17 AM »
I just get, and have always gotten, the feeling that leaving young girls unattended around him is a very, very, VERY bad idea...

The guy just exudes pedophile stalker pervert...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 08:18:18 AM »
Yeah, he definitely has the look of the guy who drives the "free candy" van. Creepy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 08:20:36 AM »
I just get, and have always gotten, the feeling that leaving young girls unattended around him is a very, very, VERY bad idea...

Yeah, he definitely has the look of the guy who drives the "free candy" van. Creepy.

Combine that with his mental impairments and he is almost the perfect dem 2024 candidate. Only things missing, so far, are a dress and high heels.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:01:01 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »
"We're sorry to hear that the Fetterman campaign was unhappy with how the closed captioning system that they requested was working on Tuesday," said Brittany Yanick, the Oz campaign's communications director, in a statement Thursday morning. "We're happy to do a second debate any time, and let the Fetterman campaign source a closed captioner that they believe is of better quality," Yanick offered.

[popcorn]

Oz Calls Fetterman's Bluff, Offers Do-Over Debate
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/10/27/oz-offers-fetterman-a-do-over-debate-n2615100
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »
I was just coming here to post that!

Holy crap, the Fetterman camp must be absolutely shitting themselves...  :rofl: :rofl:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »
During any additional debate, Fetterman probably wants some competent person in his camp to provide him with answers - call it a live teleprompter - which he may be able to read directly during the debate.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »
During any additional debate, Fetterman probably wants some competent person in his camp to provide him with answers - call it a live teleprompter - which he may be able to read directly during the debate.

Hire the guy who did this for the teleprompter

https://youtu.be/L1JYHNX8pdo?t=6
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2022, 01:11:30 PM »
The condition should be that the closed captioning system is recorded by the R side.  Not that Oz can see it during the debate, but that it is recorded and R's can show it if someone is feeding him answers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »
So I guess this is where we are:

The Washington Post
@washingtonpost
Whatever voters ultimately decide at the polls, Fetterman’s performance marks something of a milestone for the disability community, which remains underrepresented at every level of elected office.

Because lets put mentally defective* people in critical roles and roles that require quick thought, action, and responsibility. There are simply certain jobs that require either physical superiority, mental acuity, or both. Saying that "anyone can do anything" will lead to disaster, or even death.

* I know that term sounds cruel, but it's accurate. It's not a knock on people who have physical or mental disabilities. It's a statement of fact that certain jobs require certain minimum abilities, and going all Harrison Bergeron is going to be extremely detrimental to society. There are plenty of other jobs that disabled people can and should be encouraged to do - even critical jobs - that don't put others at risk. For that matter, we have a number of elected officials with physical disabilities (which don't affect what a politician does), so you can't say the disabled aren't represented.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2022, 01:32:21 PM »
"Whatever voters ultimately decide at the polls, Fetterman’s performance marks something of a milestone for the disability community, which remains underrepresented at every level of elected office."

sweet jeebus...  ???

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2022, 01:34:53 PM »
If you ran a dog turd under the democrat banner the Washington Post would endorse it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
"Whatever voters ultimately decide at the polls, Fetterman’s performance marks something of a milestone for the disability community, which remains underrepresented at every level of elected office."

sweet jeebus...  ???
I really doubt they have ever said that about Gov Abbott in Texas who rides a wheelchair most of the time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2022, 07:01:22 PM »
Hire the guy who did this for the teleprompter

https://youtu.be/L1JYHNX8pdo?t=6

I thought it was this one:  https://youtu.be/vk4DYTPPpfs?t=65
(NSFW language)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:04 PM »

Fetterman or Olberman?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2022, 07:48:50 PM »
Fetterman or Olberman?

Olberman.

I don't get that vibe from Fetterman.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2022, 07:50:53 PM »
I really doubt they have ever said that about Gov Abbott in Texas who rides a wheelchair most of the time. 

Of course not. They're celebrating the fact that he's a crip.

Oh, man...

Fetterman vs Abbot.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2022, 09:42:20 PM »

sweet jeebus...  ???

And pro football teams should start drafting paraplegics for quarterback, too.

The ADA requires employers to make "reasonable accommodation," so let's see the NFL step up.

Oh, and the NBA and major league baseball, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2022, 07:27:05 AM »
Anyone know of any updated polls done since the debate? I'm not finding anything.

Pennsylvania voters so ableist.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/10/27/a-new-poll-is-in-and-its-not-good-for-fetterman-n650090

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2022, 08:40:28 AM »
And pro football teams should start drafting paraplegics for quarterback, too.

The ADA requires employers to make "reasonable accommodation," so let's see the NFL step up.

Oh, and the NBA and major league baseball, too.

Major League Baseball has a long and proud history of employing many, many disabled individuals, virtually all of them in the umpiring ranks.

There was Joe West, who had severe narcissistic personality disorder. He's now retired.

There's Angel Hernandez and any number of other current umpires, all of whom are blind as *expletive deleted*ing bats.

And then there's Rob Manfred, MLB commissioner, who just an incredible *expletive deleted*ing retard. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2022, 08:43:26 AM »
"The InsiderAdvantage poll now has Oz up by three points over Fetterman"

Whoa. Freaking WHOA.

That's the first poll I know of in which Oz has led Fetterman.

Apparently Schumer and Biden were caught discussing the debate on a hot mike and one of them opined that it "wasn't that bad" for Democrats. They may be rethinking that.