Author Topic: Join the Coast Guard, Get $50K  (Read 453 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Join the Coast Guard, Get $50K
« on: November 04, 2022, 04:29:59 PM »
USCG is offering $50K signing bonuses, higher age limits, and lower fitness standards to get in.

I read recently that they were losing most of their rescue swimmers to vax mandates. I'm not sure offering $50K to less fit enlistees is the way to get qualified people. especially for life saving stuff like swimmers.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coast-guard-offering-unheard-50k-signing-bonuses-recruitment-plummets-readiness-jeopardy
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 05:20:45 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Join the Coast Guard, Get $50K
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 05:10:24 PM »
Signaling bonus?

So, you need to know Morse code before you join?

Is there a semaphore substitution?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Join the Coast Guard, Get $50K
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 05:20:56 PM »
Signaling bonus?

So, you need to know Morse code before you join?

Is there a semaphore substitution?

Virtue signaling.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams