Author Topic: Trump vs DeSantis  (Read 2906 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Trump vs DeSantis
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2022, 09:58:59 PM »
Not sure if this needs a separate thread.  Just thought I would drop it somewhere for posterity. 

Dirty Mitch Was on the Take… McConnell Received $2.5 Million from Crypto Laundromat FTX for His Senate Leadership Fund
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/dirty-mitch-take-mcconnell-received-2-5-million-crypto-laundromat-ftx-senate-leadership-fund/

Documents show McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund received $2,500,000 from someone at FTX, the crypto company that fell in disgrace last week.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2022, 10:34:21 PM »
On sober reflection,  Mitch is still a bitch..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:14:27 AM by Andiron »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2022, 07:33:01 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »
And like clockwork, two more DOJ investigations against Trump:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/18/ag-merrick-garland-announces-not-one-but-two-new-criminal-investigations-of-trump/

So I don't know, do I need to keep putting a caveat in my Trump posts about how I'd rather that he not run again, but this only makes me want to support him? And that when they do this totalitarian crap, Trump is not Trump, he's me and you being steamrolled by out of control establishment partisan government?

This crap is exactly why I find myself agreeing more and more with Tulsi Gabbard on stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2022, 05:32:55 PM »
And like clockwork, two more DOJ investigations against Trump:

Has anyone kept count on how many this makes that have been nothing but nothing burgers?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:06:48 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2023, 02:25:51 PM »
Man, Trump has been going a little off the deep end, and DeSantis is following one of my favorite formulas, which is to ignore the guy trying to get a rise out of you.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/08/ron-desantis-responds-to-donald-trumps-efforts-to-bait-him-without-giving-msm-what-theyre-after/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2023, 02:34:34 PM »
Man, Trump has been going a little off the deep end, and DeSantis is following one of my favorite formulas, which is to ignore the guy trying to get a rise out of you.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/08/ron-desantis-responds-to-donald-trumps-efforts-to-bait-him-without-giving-msm-what-theyre-after/

As much as I appreciate the cage-rattling he did while in office, I agree that Trump has taken things a bit far since. DeSantis really seems to have his head on straight, plus seeming to have the proper perspective and context in mind when it comes to government's role in the Grand Scheme. A lot of people I know are saying the same thing. Barring some hitherto unknown faux pas, he's shaping up to be a heckuva candidate should he decide to run.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:49:02 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 02:46:50 PM »
IMO, it isn't far off from what he did in his first campaign.  Most of the stuff he says sounds bad for a day, but it more or less forgotten a week later. 

For this, contributing to the delinquency of a minor isn't something to throw around lightly.  On the other hand, I am not certain that picture alone actually shows that so it is meaningless without more backstory.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 04:29:20 PM »
From what I've read, this photo has surfaced before, and didn't stop DeSantis from getting a huge win last year.

I hope DeSantis has learned what most Republicans (especially the base) cannot seem to figure out - be cautious in criticizing other Republicans. Trump may be nominated next year, so we tear him down at our peril. Course, that also goes the other way...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 05:04:29 PM by Perd Hapley »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2023, 04:39:27 PM »
Remove Biden and we get President Harris. Remove her and we get who or whatever she picked as VP or Pelosi. Yes it can get worse

I think President Harris would be a perversely good thing.  First female US president, and she's an incompetent idiot who slept her way to the top and everyone knows it.  Way to go, women of America!  Someone you can be proud of.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2023, 08:08:33 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that trying to recreate the Trump vs the world magic of 2016 is like waiting for lightning to strike twice? I just don't see him winning the general election this time.

And for all the talk of DeSantis's lack of charm or charisma, that hasn't stopped people on both sides from paying attention to everything he's said or done for the past 2-plus years. Didn't keep him from having a historically strong reelection victory.

At this point, even Trump and his base seem to talk about The Ronald just as much as they do about The Donald.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2023, 11:15:40 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that trying to recreate the Trump vs the world magic of 2016 is like waiting for lightning to strike twice? I just don't see him winning the general election this time.

Truthfully, I don't see a Republican ever winning the presidency again.  It really doesn't matter who they run.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2023, 11:21:26 PM »
Truthfully, I don't see a Republican ever winning the presidency again.  It really doesn't matter who they run.

I'm of the same opinion. Have been for a long time, Trump was a pleasant surprise.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2023, 09:28:35 AM »

It could happen, it would just require that Republicans (the leadership and the rank & file) pay attention to how elections are being conducted, and make changes. Some states have already put safeguards in place. Apparently, we also have to vote early now, to prevent foolishness.  ;/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »

It could happen, it would just require that Republicans (the leadership and the rank & file) pay attention to how elections are being conducted, and make changes. Some states have already put safeguards in place. Apparently, we also have to vote early now, to prevent foolishness.  ;/

I still submit that election fraud in the form of things like ballot manipulation is a much smaller part of the problem than is election manipulation by big tech and the MSM in the form of disinformation and censorship. What we've seen exposed at Twitter is only the tiniest part of the tip of the iceberg.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2023, 01:08:11 PM »
I still submit that election fraud in the form of things like ballot manipulation is a much smaller part of the problem than is election manipulation by big tech and the MSM in the form of disinformation and censorship. What we've seen exposed at Twitter is only the tiniest part of the tip of the iceberg.

And that starts with schools, children's TV programming, and goes on from there.

The people have been hacked, which will take generations to overcome.