Author Topic: Abbott to Deploy Texas National Guard at Border  (Read 760 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Abbott to Deploy Texas National Guard at Border
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:05:21 PM »
Looks like Abbott wants to get serious about the border problem.
Time will tell if it's a serious effort or just padding the resumé.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-gov-greg-abbott-invokes-constitutional-invasion-clause-immigration-crisis
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Abbott to Deploy Texas National Guard at Border
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »
Will they have whips?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 02:19:33 PM »
And on the same day

Chuck Schumer says Democrats want to pass an immigration bill because "we have a population that is not reproducing on its own with the same level that it used to."

Schumer then calls for amnesty for "all 11 million or however many" illegal immigrants in the U.S. pic.twitter.com/Ws3thMaEbw

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) November 16, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/16/abortion-zealot-sen-schumer-says-americans-not-reproducing-fast-enough-so-amnesty-needed/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 02:58:54 PM »
In reality, the federal government loves the great replacement because white people aren't crooked and subservient enough for them.  Governments in tribal countries can get away with massive corruption and incompetence without worrying about being replaced.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 04:39:39 PM »
I thought Abbott had already deployed TNG to the border.

If they're unarmed and/or operating under severely restrictive ROEs, they won't do any good.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 05:05:04 PM »
What's the point?

The US population is not going to put up with shooting illegal border crossers or laying minefields or anything fatal.

If the TNG arrests them, then what?  There's no where to house them.  If you turn them over to the feds, we know how that program works.  You could try and turn them around, but Mexico doesn't want them back, and will facilitate them crossing again tomorrow.  If they even turn around, short of force.

Is Texas going to finance and build a wall?

Reading the article, the actions he mentions are: 

1. activation of National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety personnel to safeguard the border and turn back would-be migrants from illegally crossing the border.   See above.  What are they going to do if they don't turn back?

2. DPS personnel will also be order to arrest and return illegal migrants to the border.  And then what?  incarcerate them? where?  Turn them loose in Mexico to cross again?

3. The governor went on to claim he will be deploying gun boats for defense of the southern border and will designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations.   Again, he's not going to be capping drug mules in the Rio Grande.  Designating the cartels as terrorist organizations might help, but unless the TNG is going to run search and destroy ops in Mexico I'm not seeing how they can do too much.

I applaud Abbot for wanting to do something in the face of the Fed's complete fecklessness, but I don't really see what he hopes to accomplish.  This being 2022 though, and the craziest timeline, maybe the TXANG will drop some JDAMs on Cartel mansions 'ala Clear and Present Danger.  That would stir up the *expletive deleted*it but good.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 05:14:12 PM »
. . . The US population is not going to put up with shooting illegal border crossers or laying minefields or anything fatal . . .
Some won't. Those who know someone killed, robbed or raped by an illegal, or someone who lost a loved one to fentanyl? Maybe not.

Hmmm . . . in regard to fentanyl, can a state official say that bringing a deadly drug which kills 100k Americans annually constitutes an attack with a WMD?  (Chemical weapons are considered WMDs.) If so, can drug mules be treated as unlawful combatants, terrorists, or war criminals?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 05:17:10 PM »
I would bet money the first CNN video that goes out of US soldiers shooting unarmed illegal migrants would result in riots, impeachments of state officials, and probably arrests.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 07:51:45 PM »
Need to start shooting the *expletive deleted*ing rioters..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 09:05:37 PM »
"Make butt-stroking great again!"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 09:45:28 PM »
I thought Abbott had already deployed TNG to the border.

If they're unarmed and/or operating under severely restrictive ROEs, they won't do any good.
I am not sure he has the power to do anything more than that.  I have heard people talk about putting things in place to plug gaps in the wall, etc.  Maybe that is part of it.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 07:43:56 AM »
I am not sure he has the power to do anything more than that.  I have heard people talk about putting things in place to plug gaps in the wall, etc.  Maybe that is part of it.  We will see.
Plugging gaps may not do much good - months ago, I saw film footage of a big group of illegals on the other side of a big border fence - uniformed border patrol agents opened the gates to let them in.  :mad:

JN01

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »

The drag queen shows are working on that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 02:15:28 PM »

Not clicking on that link
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 02:34:50 PM »
Not clicking on that link

It is TOTALLY SFW and requires no eye-bleach.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 02:39:00 PM »
It is TOTALLY SFW and requires no eye-bleach.
When the local furry starts posting about stroking butts I give it a pass too.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
Kass twa, fit-putain!
MOLON LABE!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2022, 04:21:43 PM »
Scaredy cats.  It's a Wikipedia article on using a rifle as a blunt force weapon.  It even has illustrations for the blind and hard of hearing.

A buttstroke or butt-stroking is the act of striking someone with the buttstock of a rifle, shotgun, or other long gun. It is a common case of the use of a firearm as a blunt weapon. Buttstroke is among the major offensive techniques with the rifle and bayonet in close-at-hand combat and is the recommended method of close combat if the rifleman has no bayonet or sidearm available.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.