Author Topic: Fired for Calling the Black Mayor "Bruh"  (Read 264 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fired for Calling the Black Mayor "Bruh"
« on: March 02, 2023, 06:55:25 PM »
So I guess if you're a reporter, you probably should avoid slang when talking to local officials. However, the Mayor is upset that she used "bruh" because he's black. I'm assuming he's equating it with "brother" or "brotha" as the kids say.

I don't know about anywhere else, but in coastal California, even back in my day, "Bruh" was used by white dudes. So in my mind, the Mayor is culturally appropriating white beach dude culture.

Also, as far as being respectful: Mayors, Congressmen, Senators, and the President are all my employees. I'll call them whatever the hell I want and they'll like it. And also go get me a cup of coffee and pick up my dry cleaning.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporter-says-dallas-morning-news-fired-her-tweet-calling-black-mayor-bruh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Fired for Calling the Black Mayor "Bruh"
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 07:49:44 AM »
I don't know, bruh, seems to me that everything is Racy McRacist Face these days, so her being white makes her guilty as hell.

Or something...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.