Author Topic: Club Q shooting...  (Read 3769 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Club Q shooting...
« on: November 20, 2022, 07:42:33 AM »
There's already a militantly gay teacher (teaches "English" but the books read like "alternate sex ed") in my area who is blaming conservative media... Any idea yet who the attacker is?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Club Q shooting...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:12:44 AM »
Well apparently there was a shooting at a gay nightclub last night with 5 dead 18 injured. Shooter is in custody.

So far zip info on shooter or motive but the AP already knows who to blame

A shooter opened fire in a gay nightclub late Saturday, killing five people and wounding 18 in the latest mass shooting to befall the country in a year in which anti-gay rhetoric has been amped up among extremists.
Colorado Springs is a city of about 480,000 located about 70 miles (112 kilometers) south of Denver that is home to the U.S. Air Force Academy. The city has long been an epicenter of American evangelicalism. Focus on the Family, a prominent evangelical Christian ministry, is based in Colorado Springs.
5 Dead, 18 Injured in Colorado Springs Gay Nightclub Shooting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/5-dead-18-injured-at-colorado-springs-gay-nightclub-shooting/

Multiple dead, several others injured in shooting at Colorado Springs club
https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-dead-several-others-injured-shooting-colorado-springs-club
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 08:18:15 AM »
It is unclear how the suspect was injured, though early reports suggest the gunmen was subdued by patrons inside the club, which had been sponsoring a drag show earlier in the night. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11449337/Five-dead-18-injured-gunman-opened-fire-inside-gay-club-Colorado-Springs.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 08:25:57 AM »
If it was “right wing extremists” the body count would be a lot higher.

They actually know how to shoot unlike the wind up toy soyboy betas the Feebs always groom/hire.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »
IIRC the last two, could be more can't remember, such events were done by a Muslim shooter.
Be interesting see what the AP prints if that is the same in this case. Think they're actually say sorry, we knee jerked blamed the wrong people AGAIN?
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 08:37:42 AM »
Even if it's a gay relationship gone wrong, it's still going to the fault of Donald Trump/NRA/Conservatives/Fox News.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »
Waiting on someone to blame Elon for reinstating Trump.
I know someone will
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 10:19:23 AM »
And right on the heels of me posting the above

How many Americans will die because @elonmusk brought @realDonaldTrump back onto Twitter?

— David Leavitt (@David_Leavitt) November 20, 2022
    He's Back and every American who dies because of @realDonaldTrump being back on Twitter is @ElonMusk's fault pic.twitter.com/xiAQkvWeJX

— David Leavitt (@David_Leavitt) November 20, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/20/target-loser-david-leavitt-owned-for-unhinged-rant-accusing-trumps-twitter-account-of-killing-people/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 10:37:12 AM »
Suspect IDed
Man with the same name was involved in a bomb threat "with weapons" and a home made bomb in 2021.

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 12:09:56 PM »
Is @comradealdrich still up on Instagram?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 12:32:36 PM »
Reporting AR-15 "style" rifle.
The usual suspects are screaming for a ban

Colorado Springs gay club shooter, 22, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill FIVE and injure 18 before being taken down by patrons: Was on authorities radar after being arrested for a bomb threat last year
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11449337/Five-dead-18-injured-gunman-opened-fire-inside-gay-club-Colorado-Springs.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 12:35:51 PM »
Well apparently there was a shooting at a gay nightclub last night with 5 dead 18 injured. Shooter is in custody.

So far zip info on shooter or motive but the AP already knows who to blame
5 Dead, 18 Injured in Colorado Springs Gay Nightclub Shooting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/5-dead-18-injured-at-colorado-springs-gay-nightclub-shooting/

Multiple dead, several others injured in shooting at Colorado Springs club
https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-dead-several-others-injured-shooting-colorado-springs-club

Nice how they pointed out that those scary Evangelicals are looming and lurking in the area. In civilized countries, you have to pass a background check before you can have hatey Christian hate-beliefs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2022, 12:37:42 PM »
Nice how they pointed out that those scary Evangelicals are looming and lurking in the area.

Got to get the sheep in fear of their lives, easier to herd them in the direction they want that way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2022, 01:13:19 PM »
Why is it that "aw-thaw-rih-tays" feel such a driving compulsion to make idiotic statements in the wake of events such as this?

From the original link (to the heavy article:

Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said in a November 20, 2022, news conference that police are “working tirelessly” to make sure justice is achieved.

“Club Q is a safe haven for our LGBTQ citizens,” Vasquez said, adding that all citizens have a right to feel safe in Colorado Springs.

Chief Vasquez needs to appoint a communications officer, immediately. It boggles the mind that anyone could say -- immediately after two people were killed and 18 people were injured -- that the location is a "safe haven." The fact that he's making a statement proves conclusively that the Club Q is NOT a safe haven.

Dang!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2022, 02:20:26 PM »
Is @comradealdrich still up on Instagram?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2022, 06:14:12 PM »
Pelosi knows who to blame

Pelosi blames MAGA for Colorado gay club massacre: Points finger at Republicans for 'undermining the safety' of trans people after gunman, 22, killed FIVE... even though police have NOT confirmed it was a hate crime
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11450139/Nancy-Pelosi-lays-blame-MAGA-Republicans-Colorado-gay-nightclub-shooting.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
Oh no,  that's terrible..

Do you think they still had the "all ages" brunch this morning?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2022, 08:51:32 PM »
Suspect IDed
Man with the same name was involved in a bomb threat "with weapons" and a home made bomb in 2021.

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/

Three names in the nooz report.  Got to be guilty.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2022, 08:27:52 AM »
Any of the media post a photo of the guy yet? Is this him?

https://www.instagram.com/comradealdrich/?hl=en
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2022, 09:54:32 AM »
OMG! The grandfather is a republican!

Basically the article is if your grandfather is Jewish MAGA you're Jewish MAGA

Grandfather of 'Colorado gay bar mass-shooter' is MAGA California lawmaker who hailed January 6 riots, as it's claimed 'killer' evaded red flag law despite threatening mom with bomb
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11451491/Grandfather-Colorado-gay-bar-mass-shooter-MAGA-California-lawmaker-hailed-January-6-riots.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 02:43:57 PM »
'I'm going to blow this place to holy hell!' Colorado gay club shooter is seen in 2021 bomb threat video before surrendering to cops at his mom's house - as he's charged with five counts of murder over Saturday's nightclub attack
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11453399/Video-shows-Colorado-gay-club-shooting-suspect-arrested-home-2021.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 03:04:10 PM »
^^^Why does that picture say 'incel' to me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2022, 08:29:57 PM »
Reporting AR-15 "style" rifle.
The usual suspects are screaming for a ban

Colorado Springs gay club shooter, 22, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill FIVE and injure 18 before being taken down by patrons: Was on authorities radar after being arrested for a bomb threat last year

Perhaps I need a new tin foil beanie, but I happened to notice that today (Monday) the AP article on this referred to the firearm not as an "assault weapon," not as an "AR-15-type" rifle, not even as a "military-style" rifle. They called it a "long gun."

I believe I have noticed this before, and it leaves me wondering if the left has given up on going after modern sporting rifles and have now set their sights on ALL rifles. (In for a penny, in for a pound.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2022, 10:21:24 PM »
Perhaps I need a new tin foil beanie, but I happened to notice that today (Monday) the AP article on this referred to the firearm not as an "assault weapon," not as an "AR-15-type" rifle, not even as a "military-style" rifle. They called it a "long gun."

I believe I have noticed this before, and it leaves me wondering if the left has given up on going after modern sporting rifles and have now set their sights on ALL rifles. (In for a penny, in for a pound.)

I will again say "long gun" is a good term for journalists, because it's vague enough, even they will usually get it right. It's better than hearing them identify a bolt-action .22 as an AK.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:22:51 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2022, 12:40:02 AM »
I will again say "long gun" is a good term for journalists, because it's vague enough, even they will usually usually get it right. It's better than hearing them identify a bolt-action .22 as an AK.

It's all been downhill since James Fenimore Cooper nicknamed Hawkeye "La Longue Carabine"
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.