Author Topic: Idaho Sorority girls & 1 boyfriend, brutally killed  (Read 3980 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Idaho Sorority girls & 1 boyfriend, brutally killed
« on: November 20, 2022, 05:36:11 PM »
  here is a fox news story about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70ZWt7HY_M

there are tons of speculation on youtubes "true crime" channels ...
 the cops/media have said both "KABAR"  and "Rambo knife" 

I personally think its someone the boyfriend knew, he was a sports guy and whoever stabbed multiple people has got to be physically fit .

the basic facts are, 2 girls were out partying on a sat night and their other friends  a girl and boyfriend were at a party - got home at 0230 and were killed between 0300 and 0400 .

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Idaho Sorority girls & 1 boyfriend, brutally killed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:08:03 PM »
All four of them in a bed?  Then the reporter said something illegible (to me) and that the authorities thought a  Rambo style knife was involved.  Exact: 0:15 ff in the link above.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:33:12 PM »
I heard they're trying to find out who bought a Ka-Bar recently . . . probably surprised there isn't knife registration in place.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 04:38:32 PM »
I heard they're trying to find out who bought a Ka-Bar recently . . . probably surprised there isn't knife registration in place.

So you're saying it was an unregistered Ka-Bar bought though the knife show loophole.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 08:52:57 PM »
One of those deadly Ghost K-bars perhaps?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 08:57:45 PM »
Have  you seen the Damascus ones that Mad Mike has been flogging?
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 10:16:40 PM »
Majoring on a minor, I know, but do journalists have their own edit of the Rambo films, where he sports a Ka Bar?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 10:52:02 PM »
Some of the things making gunsmith grumpy, 5 folks killed in a gay bar and it's non stop hysteria about anti trans violence and gun violence - 4 students killed by a knife and it gets buried .

Rambo didn't use a KA-BAR , He used a Randall or a LILE according to the interwebs,  but in the 80's the stores got flooded with cheapo survival knives - probably useless for either fighting or survival , but now all the idiots think they're the same thing and will probably push the price of collectible KA-BAR knives higher - a few months ago they were going for 1 to 3 hundred for a vintage KA-BAR but other than sharpening it and using leather conditioning, I have no idea how to date a vintage KA-BAR ( HOW TO DATE A VINTAGE KABAR, GET IT? , NO FLOWERS JUST SHARPEN IT LOL )
 the end near the hilt has a bit of serration - it looks like a well maintained 70's or eighties - I think eighties due to "rambo" every knife needed serration ...

also, how is it they have no suspects yet? every other doorway has a camera at the sidewalk catching porch pirates!

oooh, Rambo making a knife, not a kabar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iONYYY7lHo4
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 11:09:50 PM »
All four of them in a bed?  Then the reporter said something illegible (to me) and that the authorities thought a  Rambo style knife was involved.  Exact: 0:15 ff in the link above.

all four in bed, but no one is saying "all in the same bed" - ( pronoun dujour ) went from room to room - the news caster is sort of difficult to understand - he sort of sounds like an effeminate football player - he said they were in bed and "er um " had defensive wounds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 12:00:48 PM »
Update

Suspect in killings of 4 Idaho students arrested in Pennsylvania
https://www.wave3.com/2022/12/30/reports-person-interest-custody-killings-idaho-college-students/

Schiff is probably working on figuring out a connection between him and Trump as we speak.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 12:22:29 PM »
I hope they got the right guy. 

I read the comment at the end that many students switched to online classes the remainder of the semester after the murders.  That doesn't make a lot of sense since the murders happened in a home, not on campus. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 02:45:29 PM »
At the risk of "too soon", it sounds like maybe he was looking for firsthand data for his dissertation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 08:11:17 PM »
 interesting development.
 I sure hope it is the right person, the suspect owned a car matching the description. 

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
interesting development.
 I sure hope it is the right person, the suspect owned a car matching the description.

Along with 21,999 other people with that make and model of car. They have to have real evidence in order to arrest him because IMO just the vehicle would be tenuous at best. Hopefully it is the right guy.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 09:07:55 PM »
Seattle and national media reporting that DNA was key in identifying the suspect.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 10:13:34 PM »
 Registered Libertarian and obsessive compulsive vegan as well as a Criminal Justice major .

So far legacy media has said he was friendly and talkative as well as bugged eyed and a loner who looked like he was on drugs.

I'm sure they collected DNA and did a genealogical search to narrow down the suspect to this guy .

I'd wager he's an incel of some kind -  Does Idaho have the death penalty?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2022, 11:53:40 PM »
interesting development.

Anytime I see a suspect arrested on a high profile case I can't help but think of Richard Jewel.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
Anytime I see a suspect arrested on a high profile case I can't help but think of Richard Jewel.

That is a valid consideration.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 08:48:00 AM »
Along with 21,999 other people with that make and model of car. They have to have real evidence in order to arrest him because IMO just the vehicle would be tenuous at best. Hopefully it is the right guy.

bob
I would assume they narrowed it down by putting him in the area at the time of the murders then searching further for DNA and other evidence.  Hopefully, that is a valid assumption. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 12:15:22 PM »
Not necessarily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwJu-srT6CU

There was a case in Connecticut decades ago that was much like the Richard Jewel case. A young woman was killed in a downtown parking garage. The cops "knew" who did it, and harassed the guy they were certain was the killer for many, many years. Basically ruined his life.

Years later they identified and arrested the real killer.

https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/Top-50-13250472.php

This article was written after the conviction of the killer. It mentions Anthony Golino, but it doesn't even begin to cover the way the cops hounded and harassed him for years because they were so certain that he had to be the perp.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »
Yikes. I'm stepping back from, "They got the guy". I saw an interview this morning with a retired FBI agent. She said they identified him not through normal DNA, but through "heritage DNA". In other words, the FBI created a fake account on one of the DNA ancestry sites and submitted a DNA sample*. They then got their hit back that showed all the "DNA relatives" for that DNA sample, and started looking for people related to that DNA group.

That seems really shaky. I did the DNA ancestry thing and first off, they have all kinds of warnings on the kit about keeping your sample pure and fresh (you swab the inside of your cheek and immediately stick the swab in a special container and seal it). They are clear that contamination invalidates results. They're suggesting that the DNA sample came from the body of one of the victims. How did that sample not get dried up and contaminated pretty much right away? I suppose the law enforcement labs are geared to process that, but I question whether the ancestry sites are, especially if the sample is submitted as some John Q Public sample that they assume followed their sampling protocols. 

Then when you get your sample back, your DNA relatives are all over the place, like mostly third and fourth cousins. When you get to that point, there can literally be hundreds of people, and that's just people in the company's database. I can't imagine how many third and fourth cousins we all have all over the world.

I mean, given my old job, fed.gov knows everything about me, which is one reason I didn't get paranoid when I did a test at 23andme. This kind of thing though, makes me think about not using these kinds of sites. Especially with LE doing the "fake account" thing. Besides the legal aspect, this sure seems like sloppy evidence collection.

*This might explain why they took so long to arrest someone. I think it took like 30 days for me to get my results. Which is another reason to question why they did this anonymously, instead of as LE, where they could have had the results in 48 hours. Other than they were skirting the law.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 12:25:19 PM »
While their method in narrowing down where to look may raise a few eyebrows, and it should, If they have since gotten an exact match from DNA found at the scene to his DNA they probably more than likely have the right man.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:54:31 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 10:28:12 PM »
I think I’m going to wait for more info to come out before I join the chorus to hang him.  By most accounts he was a creepy dude.  Might have even been stalking/tracking one of the victims if rumors can be believed.  But what if he was actually innocent of the murders? 

When they take him to trial the evidence will be displayed and if he’s guilty let him hang.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 10:57:55 PM »
Apparently the FBI was tracking him as he drove across the country and requested Indiana police pull him over.

A Federal Bureau of Investigation surveillance team tracked Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger and his father on a cross-country road trip from Washington State to Pennsylvania and asked Indiana police to pull him over, a law enforcement source told Fox News.

The law enforcement source told Fox News that the FBI surveillance team was seeking video images of Kohberger as well as his hands.

Bryan Kohberger and his father were pulled over twice in Indiana on Dec. 15 while making the cross-country trip.

Idaho murders: FBI directed Indiana police to pull over Bryan Kohberger, seeking video images of his hands
https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-murders-fbi-directed-indiana-police-pull-over-bryan-kohberger-seeking-video-images-hands
- Calvin and Hobbes