Author Topic: Does this fellow appear to be Danish?  (Read 728 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Does this fellow appear to be Danish?
« on: November 25, 2022, 10:11:49 PM »
Yet...  I feel the Dane through the soliloquy...

https://youtu.be/muLAzfQDS3M
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Does this fellow appear to be Danish?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »
 Eva Vlaardingerbroek is my favorite Dane , she's been all over the Y tubes this week, I love her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7HUpc-jIiY
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 02:40:39 AM »

That is the worst reading of the soliloquy I've ever seen/heard.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 03:24:50 AM »
Eva Vlaardingerbroek is my favorite Dane , she's been all over the Y tubes this week, I love her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7HUpc-jIiY

I mentioned this a while ago (April 2021) on this board, on the basis of voicing things more like "natural rights" versus "G-d-given rights" and got clobbered for it.  I pointed out that just about every critter on the planet had natural defensive mechanisms and I believe I posted a picture of a kitten with its claws out.  Hell, I wasn't asking anybody to change their principles, just to kind of soft pedal the religious aspects in the political arena.   Hell, "natural rights" are still "G-d-given," for cryin' out loud.

Well, I figured intransigent minds who preferred losing elections and moral battles on "principles" alone were not going to be changed by me, so I shut up.

Upshot?  Folks are going to either catch on to this PR principle or will continue to be marginalized by the mass of other voters.

Good luck on future elections, folks.  Just keep alienating them there other voters.

There, I said it again, and I ain't takin' it back this time, either.

Terry, 230RN

REF (A sample):
https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=64275.msg1301853#msg1301853

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:42:07 AM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 03:54:45 AM »
Well, I figured intransigent minds who preferred losing elections and moral battles on "principles" alone were not going to be changed by me, so I shut up.

Upshot?  Folks are going to catch on to this PR principle or will continue to be marginalized by the mass of other voters.

Good luck on the 2024 midterm elections, folks.  Just keep alienating them there voters.

Elections are easy for people who are truly single-issue voters. If one candidate supports your single important issue and the other doesn't, the choice is a slam dunk. If they both support your single issue position, you can either look for another issue on which to base a decision, or just roll the dice. If neither of them supports your position, I guess you either abstain, or write in someone as a protest vote.

The real problem comes if there are two major issues that you feel equally strongly about. It's highly unlikely that any one candidate will support both of your important issue positions, so then you have to make an arbitrary choice ... or abstain.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 08:53:00 AM »
Oh, this guy wasn't so bad.

In high school English, our teacher required us to memorize and recite Hamlet's soliloquy in front of the class. I deliberately delivered it in as flat and expressionless a monotone as I could manage. Teacher made a comment to the effect that it was the worst sounding recitation he'd ever heard, but he had to give me my "A" because I got it all correct.

Elections are easy for people who are truly single-issue voters . . .
I've found that the vast majority of the time, applying a single-issue litmus test will determine my vote - and that's not a bad thing. My single issue of course is the 2nd Amendment, and in the course of several decades I've found that genuine 2nd Amendment supporters are likely to be on the right side of other issues, too. The exceptions are rare, and more theoretical than real.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 11:30:28 AM »

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 06:57:45 PM »
 Like, I totally forgot what a  soliloquy was!
 So, like, I watched the video, it's not bad I guess.
I'm not into Shakespeare's plays much, but I really like modern adaptations in some movies- like Titus Andronicus with Anthony Hopkins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6yLbElbQA
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 08:40:35 AM »
Thus primed I was prepared for the worst, but after watching it I disagree.  I don't think it was some sort of quintessential rendition, but it was performed in an appropriately slow, introspective, and forlorn style.  It wasn't overacted or showy.  It suitably sold the idea of a guy in a dark state of mind genuinely puzzling through why a man in his situation wouldn't just kill himself.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 03:48:26 PM »

Sounds better in the original Klingon.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 09:57:17 PM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain