Author Topic: Manager opens fire at Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart  (Read 601 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Manager opens fire at Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart
« on: November 23, 2022, 08:16:34 AM »
Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart
Manager started shooting workers in the break room then himself. At least 6 dead + the manager
Developing story

Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart shooting leaves at least 7 people dead, others injured: police
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chesapeake-virginia-walmart-shooting-leaves-multiple-people-dead-police

'Manager snapped and started capping people': Cops say SEVEN people are killed including shooter during bloody Walmart rampage as worker claims 'manager' opened fire on staff in break room
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11460099/Multiple-people-dead-injured-Virginia-manager-opens-fire-Walmart.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Manager opens fire at Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 09:23:38 AM »
Sounds like Walmart will have to strengthen those rules about guns in the work place.  Banning them completely wasn't enough. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 09:34:25 AM »
Sounds like the manager just couldn't take another Black Friday.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 09:39:37 AM »
Woman in my wife's fat lady group chapter, quit WM because working there was so stressful.  "Suicidal ideation" bad.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 10:35:52 AM »
Walmart has a split personality depending on what part of the company you work at. My son and his darling wife (our favorite child) both work at a WM distribution center. He's in IT and she works QC. Both transferred to the DC from the same retail location. From what they say the DC sounds no different than any other logistics operation I've heard of and is generally not a bad place to work. The retail store they started at was and is an absolute nightmare to work at as far as management goes and how employees are treated.
The manager that was running the store 10 years ago when the kids transferred out was an *expletive deleted*bag of epic proportions. Routinely chewed out his employees publicly and just generally made an ass of himself.
Not long before he left that store the A-hole manager was in the act of rather loudly and crudely chewing out a young, school aged cashier for a minor mistake when her rather large and burly father just happened to walk up. The father was arrested on a minor misdemeanor assault charge ( the charge was later dropped but he was permanently trespassed from that store). The manager was reportedly a little less brusque with his employees after that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 10:31:09 PM »
Team Leads*, especially overnight Team Leads, have a lot of pressure on them.  They catch crap from 3 main groups - salaried management, customers and employees (aka "associates") - and nothing they do is enough.

If he felt his crew was screwing him over he could have fired or reassigned them.  Immature entitled little *expletive deleted*ck didn't/couldn't realize that though.  Instead, "gotta make them pay for hurtin' my feelz". 

That's my guess on the why.  Maybe we'll find out what the real reason was.

*Team Lead = wage grade management.  Responsible for just about everything from hiring to firing, training, getting objectives met.  They don't have the final say on anything, that's reserved for salaried management.  Expected to "pick up the slack" everywhere, while trying to manage 2 to 8 (or more) departments.  I've considered, for about 45 seconds, putting in for the position.  The few $$ more per hour aren't enough.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 12:57:22 AM »
Wrong color. Gotta shut this thread down.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 07:22:56 PM »
Didn't take long for the lawyers to get to work

Chesapeake Walmart worker hits store with $50 million lawsuit for hiring and continuing to employ Andre Bing who shot dead six colleagues - claiming it KNEW he was a 'cruel manager' whose 'behavior was strange'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11482903/Chesapeake-Walmart-workers-sues-company-hiring-continuing-employ-shooter-Andre-Bing.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:35:16 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 07:34:01 PM »
I only ever hit that Walmart if I was on the way to an indoor IDPA match and needed more WWB. My standard walmarts were Hampton or Newport News. The Waffle House in hampton close to the walmart has five armed guards on Fri/Sat night. My favorite gun shop down the street had a mag lock on the door and you had to buzz in. Carrying two guns was just something I did for years. Too many people.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 10:23:14 PM »
Sheeeeit... My 'hood ain't THAT bad...
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 10:30:48 PM »
The Waffle House in hampton close to the walmart has five armed guards on Fri/Sat night.

(sees entire police department guarding Waffle House, turns, gets the hell outta there!) 
:police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!