Author Topic: Beware the rise of the killer robots  (Read 1636 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Beware the rise of the killer robots
« on: November 25, 2022, 10:46:07 AM »
https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/24/robots-in-san-francisco-could-be-allowed-to-use-deadly-force-17819322/

Doesn't sound good, but maybe not as bad as headlines suggest. It would appear that these robots are remotely-controlled and would not be deploying lethal force autonomously -- but it's one step closer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Beware the rise of the killer robots
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 08:00:41 PM »
Let’s hope for no “glitches”.

https://youtu.be/mrXfh4hENKs

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 11:25:17 PM »
oh, it ends badly.
robot operator ...  is a pink haired tranny who identifies with getting menstrual rage because he puts the men in menstrual .
he see's a young Marine lesbian with a high and tight haircut sporting a Betsy Ross flag and can't help but censor her, using the latest in skynet weaponry   .... it ends very badly
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »
oh, it ends badly.
robot operator ...  is a pink haired tranny who identifies with getting menstrual rage because he puts the men in menstrual .
he see's a young Marine lesbian with a high and tight haircut sporting a Betsy Ross flag and can't help but censor her, using the latest in skynet weaponry   .... it ends very badly

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 06:36:05 PM »

here, I will translate it to regular speak - not wild eyed neo conspiracy speak I often use

oh, it ends badly.
robot operator according to the article a human being will remotely operate the robot ...  is a pink haired tranny this means a man with pink hair who has a mental illness and believes himself to be a woman, they are often referred to as "trannies" or a "tranny" and by the elites as "transexuals" - they are different than guys who simply like wearing woman's clothes but know they are men who identifies with getting menstrual rage because he puts the men in menstrual . you see, men can not get a menstrual period because they are men and cannot get pregnant but often modern media mentally ill people promote the lie that men can get pregnant, I know, it is very confusing to me too
he see's a young Marine lesbianlesbians are legally allowed to join the Marines now with a high and tight haircutA friend of mine, a lesbian who has sex with men as for money is also currently serving in the armed forces, she likes guns and, votes for Trump and considers herself a right winger sporting a Betsy Ross flagThirteen alternating red and white stripes, a blue canton with thirteen 5-pointed stars arranged in a circle and can't help but censor her,this means he did not like what he saw and what she says so he uses the robot to stop her free speech using the latest in skynet weaponry skynet is the fictional artificial intelligence from the movie terminator that seeks to destroy the humans, sorry you did not understand my reference   .... it ends very badly by ending badly means I think left wing transexuals will kill people they disagree with, using robots
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 07:15:03 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:04:20 PM »
here, I will translate it to regular speak - not wild eyed neo conspiracy speak I often use

oh, it ends badly.
robot operator according to the article a human being will remotely operate the robot ...  is a pink haired tranny this means a man with pink hair who has a mental illness and believes himself to be a woman, they are often referred to as "trannies" or a "tranny" and by the elites as "transexuals" - they are different than guys who simply like wearing woman's clothes but know they are men who identifies with getting menstrual rage because he puts the men in menstrual . you see, men can not get a menstrual period because they are men and cannot get pregnant but often modern media mentally ill people promote the lie that men can get pregnant, I know, it is very confusing to me too
he see's a young Marine lesbianlesbians are legally allowed to join the Marines now with a high and tight haircutA friend of mine, a lesbian who has sex with men as for money is also currently serving in the armed forces, she likes guns and, votes for Trump and considers herself a right winger sporting a Betsy Ross flagThirteen alternating red and white stripes, a blue canton with thirteen 5-pointed stars arranged in a circle and can't help but censor her,this means he did not like what he saw and what she says so he uses the robot to stop her free speech using the latest in skynet weaponry skynet is the fictional artificial intelligence from the movie terminator that seeks to destroy the humans, sorry you did not understand my reference   .... it ends very badly by ending badly means I think left wing transexuals will kill people they disagree with, using robots

Well now I'm sorry I asked.  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 10:42:50 PM »

And so you should be.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 11:13:41 PM »
If it is not some sort of AI, then it is basically just a gun on wheels (or treads).  The operator would still be subject to the same use of force requirements as if he had the gun in hand.  It would be similar to the military using drones, they have ROEs just as ground troops do. 

They might be useful in some applications.  If the gutless wonders at Uvalde had an armed robot, perhaps they would have driven one into the classroom and taken out the bad guy as they cowered in safety. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 06:49:26 AM »

Yeah, no 'ffense, gunsmith but the original was kind of an editor's nightmare.

I hope you're not catching the "Everybody Can Read My Mind So I Can Just Ramble" syndrome.

ECRMMSICJRitis.

Or was that just an object lesson?

Sometimes the Art of communication is a bitch.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 10:45:27 AM »
They might be useful in some applications.  If the gutless wonders at Uvalde had an armed robot, perhaps they would have driven one into the classroom and taken out the bad guy as they cowered in safety.

The cowardly jackwagon Uvalde schools police chief would probably have held the robot back to avoid having it damaged by the shooter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 01:19:15 PM »
The cowardly jackwagon Uvalde schools police chief would probably have held the robot back to avoid having it damaged by the shooter.

That, or he would have knocked down half the school, perforated the perp beyond recognition, and then proclaimed that he and his entire Uvalde Unified School District SWAT team were heroes.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 12:39:33 PM »
I feel much better now

San Francisco police clarified that it would not arm robots with guns. Instead, they would be equipped with explosives. https://t.co/u9h2SDPwOO

— KRON4 News (@kron4news) November 29, 2022
GREAT NEWS: San Francisco police robots will be armed with explosives instead of guns
https://twitchy.com/mikel-313136/2022/11/30/great-news-san-francisco-police-robots-will-be-armed-with-explosives-instead-of-guns/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 04:40:28 PM »
I feel much better now
GREAT NEWS: San Francisco police robots will be armed with explosives instead of guns
https://twitchy.com/mikel-313136/2022/11/30/great-news-san-francisco-police-robots-will-be-armed-with-explosives-instead-of-guns/
I saw the headline before I saw your comment.  I said the same thing to myself.   :facepalm:   :laugh:    :'(
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 05:14:00 PM »
I feel much better now

That's actually been done before, hasn't it?  Or am I misremembering it from a movie
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 08:26:45 PM »
Robocop has been defunded

San Francisco Reverses Course, Prohibits Use of ‘Killer Robots’ by Police
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/san-francisco-reverses-course-prohibits-use-of-killer-robots-by-police/
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Beware the rise of the killer robotsw
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 09:23:54 PM »
That's actually been done before, hasn't it?  Or am I misremembering it from a movie
Not misremembering.
During a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas a BLM supporter ambushed cops killing 5, wounding 9 and injuring 2 bystanders. 

Bad guy holed up at a dead end hall of a building attached to a college and was trying to force the cops to come down the hall to kill him where he could shoot some more. Someone suggested shooting through the wall with a .50 but they figured the passthrough would be too dangerous so instead used a robot to slap a pound of C4 on the other side of the wall he was hiding behind and set off the charge.