Author Topic: Kraft MUST PAY for this outrage!  (Read 1196 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Kraft MUST PAY for this outrage!
« on: November 28, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »
Actually, Kraft should pay to have this woman beaten to within an inch of her absolutely worthless life.

To think that she's entitled to anything over such a claim is beyond comprehension.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/woman-sues-kraft-heinz-for-5m-says-mac-and-cheese-preparation-isn-t-as-advertised/ar-AA14C0ux?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=b4b4f5309e4042998d6ba2a7b597ded9
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Kraft MUST PAY for this outrage!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:52:07 AM »
No worse than the woman suing for millions because she would have bought $1 cheaper pasta if she hadn’t thought Barilla pasta was made in Italy. Ought to be a mechanism to disbar all the lawyers if a suit is found to be frivolous.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:33:18 AM »
Good thing for Kraft she didn't spill it straight out of the microwave into her lap.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 02:10:06 PM »
Actually, Kraft should pay to have this woman beaten to within an inch of her absolutely worthless life.

To think that she's entitled to anything over such a claim is beyond comprehension.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/woman-sues-kraft-heinz-for-5m-says-mac-and-cheese-preparation-isn-t-as-advertised/ar-AA14C0ux?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=b4b4f5309e4042998d6ba2a7b597ded9

Put the lawyers and frivolous suers up against the same wall.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »
Judge HankB says:

She has a valid point, the ad copy is inaccurate. My judgement is that she's entitled to actual damages - a couple of extra minutes of her time at whatever the local prevailing rate is for food preparation - at a rough guess, a buck should more than cover it. Kraft is ordered to pay up.

Plaintiff can pay her lawyer out of her $1 judgement. Her lawyer will pay all court costs.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 05:28:00 PM »
TECHNICALLY she has a point. Had it said "Cooks in 3½ minutes", she wouldn't. Now, it wasn't MILLIONS worth of a point!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »
I'm suing those x-ray glasses sellers. I was so disappointed as a kid, traumatized even. Left scars.
Think $500 million is asking too much?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 06:56:30 PM »
The suit described Ramirez as someone who “looks to bold statements of value when quickly selecting groceries” and is “like many consumers who seek to stretch their money as far as possible when buying groceries.”

Ummm ... nope.

People who are trying to stretch their money don't pay $10.99 for a single-serving cup of Mac & Cheese -- they pay 99 cents for the store-brand mac & cheese dinner that requires cooking the macaroni, then adding the cheese and stirring it all together -- making about three generous servings or four moderate servings
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 06:57:39 PM »
Judge HankB says:

She has a valid point, the ad copy is inaccurate. My judgement is that she's entitled to actual damages - a couple of extra minutes of her time at whatever the local prevailing rate is for food preparation - at a rough guess, a buck should more than cover it. Kraft is ordered to pay up.

Plaintiff can pay her lawyer out of her $1 judgement. Her lawyer will pay all court costs.

Seconded.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 09:51:18 PM »
Gives me a notion to sue for not being able to follow the instructions to slit the crust of a frozen pot pie before microwaving it.

Because it's frozen.

Since this has happened a dozen times it orta be worth five, maybe six million bucks, no?

I'm sure I can find a lawyer willing to work for 1/3 of a nuisance settlement.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 11:27:47 PM »
Gives me a notion to sue for not being able to follow the instructions to slit the crust of a frozen pot pie before microwaving it.

Because it's frozen.

Since this has happened a dozen times it orta be worth five, maybe six million bucks, no?

I'm sure I can find a lawyer willing to work for 1/3 of a nuisance settlement.
Would you like my attorney's business card? He's a partner at the law firm Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 11:38:17 PM »
Put the lawyers and frivolous suers up against the same wall.

Put the shysters in the microwave..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 02:19:27 AM »
Put the shysters in the microwave..

Hear about the new German microwave? It seats 6!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 06:48:26 AM »

Is that the one Alyssa Milano bought to go along with her Hitlermobile?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 04:52:14 PM »
Yo!
Where's all my mac & cheese money at?
7-11 was a part time job.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 04:54:24 PM »
I'm actually surprised that no one has filed suit against Kraft because it's orange, and orange is TTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 05:22:56 PM »

THE REALITY OF SUING FOR ANYTHING

Would you like my attorney's business card? He's a partner at the law firm Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe.

There's nothing cheaty about it. Standard Operating Legal Procedure.  Sue for x million bucks, meet with company lawyers, they offer $50K out of court, considering the expense and risk of dealing with a court case and that judges are palsy walsy with every hungry private attorney in his jurisdiction, you counter with $100K, they up it to $75K, you shake hands on it and agree to meet for golf next Sunday.

Lawyer is richer by $25K, you're richer by $50K, company is richer by whatever it might cost to take it to court minus that piddling $75K, corporation attorneys can go to the bosses and claim they saved the company $xmillion minus $75K,get big bonuses, and judges still get their $250K per year just by banging their gavel once on the settlement.

Win win win !

All up and above-board, and SOP.  Or SOLP.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 05:53:23 PM by 230RN »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »
You forgot the 33%+ TAX to Uncle Sugar.

I got to keep slightly less than 30% of my total suit "winnings".  :old:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:28:00 PM by HeroHog »
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 06:51:23 PM »

Of course, but that's not unique to the legal situation and income tax is only a small part of the governments' (plural, possessive) take on your wallet. Figuring  gasoline taxes, sales taxes, use taxes on your internet and phone, the invisible Pittman-Robertson fund, that "33%+" is ....

But that's another Terrant and the moderators only allow me one Terrant per week.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:09:39 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »
Only one answer to this outrage, nationalize Kraft. Free Mac and Cheese for the people!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2022, 09:08:57 PM »
Only one answer to this outrage, nationalize Kraft. Free Mac and Cheese for the people!
Yo!
Where's all my free mac & cheese at?
7-11 was a part time job.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2022, 10:53:31 PM »

Oye Vey! 

Is that the one Alyssa Milano bought to go along with her Hitlermobile?

Have you followed that at all?  She's one impressively stupid woman and it's hilarious.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2022, 11:51:09 PM »
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 07:12:38 AM »

I'd read that legal settlements weren't taxed . . . it would seem from your experience that I was misinformed. I'll file that info away for reference.

There's nothing cheaty about it. Standard Operating Legal Procedure. 
 . . .
All up and above-board, and SOP.  Or SOLP.

I'd rearrange it to Standard Legal Operating Procedure, or SLOP.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2022, 07:38:24 AM »

Have you followed that at all?  She's one impressively stupid woman and it's hilarious.

Nope, not at all. In fact, I have no idea what you're talking about. :rofl: