Author Topic: The Last of Us coming to HBO in January  (Read 224 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The Last of Us coming to HBO in January
« on: December 06, 2022, 09:13:24 AM »
If you're not familiar with it, the Last of Us was a highly acclaimed PlayStation video game series dealing with surviving in a post apocalyptic world.

It's been touted for becoming a miniseries a couple of times but I thought COVID put the screws to that. Looks like it finally kicked off again and it's going to be hitting HBO in January.

Nick Offerman and Graham Green (one of my favorite actors) are part of the cast, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Last of Us coming to HBO in January
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 09:17:46 AM »
Is it supposed to follow the story from the Last of Us only or will it include the second Last of Us II?  I never played either one, just heard a lot of complaints about the way the sequel game handled things.  Most everyone I heard talk loved the first game. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 09:27:02 AM »
To be honest, I don't know. I've only seen demos for the game, and talked with people who have played it, but it was pretty universally acclaimed and had it come out on Xbox I certainly would have tried it. 
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 09:33:58 AM »
Hope it’s good. The film adaption of Uncharted was decent, and they are making a Fallout streaming series for Amazon.

The Last of Us had really good storylines.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!