Author Topic: Everyone ready for a Holy War?  (Read 619 times)

Andiron

• friend
Everyone ready for a Holy War?
« on: December 08, 2022, 10:42:46 PM »
That little jewish *expletive deleted*it running Ukraine just banned the Eastern Orthodox Church.

https://apnews.com/article/zelenskyy-kyiv-religion-europe-government-and-politics-7eaf9ac19b000a2147f0204877a0004e

Guess if he can't false flag his way into WW3 by bombing Poland he'll just have to settle for starting a Crusade. Who needs Article 5 then?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Everyone ready for a Holy War?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 02:34:50 AM »
Not an accurate assessment at all.

"Eastern Orthodox" includes Russian Orthodox, Ukrainian Orthodox (both factions), Greek Orthodox, and several others. Zelensky has not "banned" Orthodox Christianity. He has called for an investigation of the pro-Russian side of the Ukrainian Orthodox schism. Probably a wise move on his part.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 07:13:16 AM »
Interesting framing of the issue, Andiron.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 07:26:32 AM »
I saw/heard in the news earlier this week that a "Russian aligned Orthodox" priest in Ukraine was sharing Ukrainian soldier positions with the Russian soldiers.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 07:58:37 AM »
A Christian church that I've attended recently had a branch in a predominantly Catholic African country arbitrarily and without cause stripped of its designation as a religious organization and was completely prohibited from attending church or otherwise practicing their faith.  They're working on legally reestablishing themselves, hopefully without having to resort to a Holy War.

Religious freedom is not a universally protected constant.  Many of the freedoms and protections we take for granted are completely foreign to most of the world. 

Whether or not Zelenskyy has legitimate reasons for his actions, this is not something that even raises an eyebrow for me when it comes to abuses of religious freedom, much less incites me to engrave Deus Vult into a rifle and join the Russian Foreign Legion.  For that matter, does anyone think that Russia has some sort of comparably good, recent record when it comes to religious freedom?  You know they have laws prohibiting religious evangelism and missionary work outside of designated religious sites, right?  Jehovah's Witnesses were banned in Russia as an extremist organization and many have been imprisoned.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 08:06:45 AM »
Stop hyperventilating and actually read the article and you'll see that your assessment is... well... to put it charitably, wrong.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »
Stop hyperventilating and actually read the article and you'll see that your assessment is... well... to put it charitably, wrong.

Not when you read it with your untermensch filter turned on.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 11:51:44 AM »
Jehovah's Witnesses were banned in Russia as an extremist organization and many have been imprisoned.

And the downside of that is??
 :rofl:

(Just kidding, lighten up Francis)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams