Author Topic: netflix  (Read 7018 times)

matt1911

netflix
« on: March 06, 2005, 05:03:25 AM »
I just signed up a couple weeks ago,and am really enjoying it. Its not really any cheaper than going to the video store,but they have a much bigger selection,especially for concert/music selections.
They seem to have every thing ever put on dvd,so what movies would you rank as a must see?
Matt

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
netflix
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 06:12:40 AM »
Buckeroo Banzai
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
netflix
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 06:49:06 AM »
Super Troopers
The three original Star Wars movies
The Lord of the Rings movies
Time Bandits

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Can'thavenuthingood

netflix
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
We only have four channels, five if ya squint, so we never saw the award winning tv everyone else did. Then along came Netflix and the variety of shows on DVD.

First thing we did was get "24", really good without the commercials. Its right at 40 minutes long per episode, our episodes per disc. Those that watched it at original airing sure wasted a lot of time. Much more suspenseful without all the commercials.

Then we checked out the "Sharpes" series, about and english rifleman. I think 14 episodes. Pretty good.

Soprano's was so-so even without the commercials.

Next was "Six Feet Under", the best so far.

Lots of concerts on Netflix also. Check Roy Orbison and friends at the Copacabana and crank up the volume. Plenty of surprise's in there too.

Usually we just make a list from the previews on the DVD we are currently watching and order from them.
THR Roundtable also has a couple of threads about best movies, guns, westerns, horror etc. I copied a list of those and have been using those recommendations.

We like Joel and Ethan Cohen as Directors and Producers so we think theirs are some of the best movies out there.

We have a 2 day turnaround from the time we send a movie back and another shows up. Can't beat it.
Currently waiting on Carnivale to show up in the mailbox.

Vick

Azrael256

• friend
netflix
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 10:26:08 AM »
Those that watched it at original airing sure wasted a lot of time. Much more suspenseful without all the commercials.
Yeah, no kidding.  I have a tendency to start channel surfing when the commercials come up, and then I forget what I was watching to begin with.  That's actually what made me stop watching TV.

Netflix has all the MST3K DVDs Smiley

P95Carry

netflix
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 11:12:13 AM »
Netflix!?  Tell me more - je suis ignorant!!

Just watched last night (at least fourth time) .. ''HEAT'' - what a movie.  Pachino and De Niro are outstanding and well - the shoot-out.  Has to be up there with the best.
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Silver Bullet

• friend
netflix
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 12:53:06 PM »
NetFlix has a great selection and good service.

One caveat is they showed up on one of the lists of Blue and Red companies that was going around a few months ago:  something like 95% or 98% of their political donations go to Democrats.

Mr. Mysterious

netflix
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 04:11:06 PM »
I love Netflix.  We get 3 day turnaround here in Indy.  Our que is like 105 movies, thus we always have something we like.  Although, the weekends we tend to finish whatever is left.  It is definitely money well spent!

P95Carry

netflix
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 04:18:03 PM »
No one has answered me!! (sob) ........ I know zilch about netflix .. please fill me in Smiley
Chris - P95

hoji

netflix
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 04:45:49 PM »
Netflix rocks.Period.   http://www.netflix.com/Default

P95Carry

netflix
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 04:51:42 PM »
Ahh the magic link - thank you sir - now I can get ejumicated on netflix Smiley !!
Chris - P95

hoji

netflix
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 09:05:20 AM »
Glad I could help.
17.99 per month,no late fees. we watch about 8-12 movies per month.
right now we are watching SG1 on dvd.